High Sierra Mountain o’ Oats.

by Jenn (eating bender) on May 1, 2008

I am loving my new oatmeal technique of mixing the flax and wheat germ into the oats while they’re still cooking on the stove top – they absorb so much more liquid so the texture is extra chewy! Today’s blend featured a generous portion of Bear Naked High Sierra trail mix, whipped banana, and agave nectar. I ran out of maple syrup and had yet to try the agave nectar that I bought months ago – overall I liked it, but I think I like maple syrup a little more. I also had a small spoonful of PB – delicious!

And of course what morning wouldn’t be complete without a Coffee Cocoa?

I am thrilled to report that I have been offered a summer internship at my top choice PR firm :mrgreen: I have a phone call scheduled with two members from the department I’ll be working in later this morning, so I’m sure I will get all the details on what I’ll be doing!! I’ll keep you “posted” – get it (blog posts)? 😉

This morning I finally woke up at the time I originally set my alarm, so I was able to get the full workout I’ve been craving – 30 minutes Stairmaster, 10 minutes stationary bike, and an arm machine workout. Before I left for the gym I had my usual 1/2 of a Chocolate Brownie ZBar. Does anybody else like the bars even more after 1/2 has been sitting out for a day? I think I’m just weird – it’s a little stale, and I like it better – oh well!

Happy Thursday to all! :)

1 Romina May 1, 2008 at 12:18 pm

You have me craving coffee cocoa!! I might have to start drinking coffee again…

2 VeggieGirl May 1, 2008 at 12:31 pm

Like how you mix the flax and wheat germ in the oatmeal – definitely sounds delicious!

3 Monica May 1, 2008 at 12:33 pm

Yum the oats look amazing. I missed my oats this morning and now I want some. I have yet to try oatmeal topped with trail mix, but it looks so good I might have to try it soon!

4 Jill May 1, 2008 at 12:45 pm

I need to try coffee cocoa too! Will you repost the recipe for me?

Congrats on the internship!

5 Jenn May 1, 2008 at 3:50 pm

Thanks for the congratulations ladies!

Jill – the recipe is on my recipe page here – you can adjust it however you please, it’s the cocoa that really makes the drink taste good!

6 Julz May 1, 2008 at 11:39 pm

Ohhh I TOTALLY DO! I like Fiberone bars and Kashi PeanutButter TLC Bars after they’ve been opened too! Secret? I open them and then the day before 😉 Hehe, sneaky sneaky! Your close-up of the Oatmeal is BEAUTIFUL! And congrats on your internship! That’s so fabu! :) TGIF!

7 Jenn May 2, 2008 at 12:05 am

Julz, that’s GENIUS! I am definitely going to do that with my bar tonight!!