I’m it? Why, thank you!

by Jenn (eating bender) on May 24, 2008

Thanks to Erica and Monica for tagging me :mrgreen: This game reminds me of those fun emails I used to fill out where my friend would send me 20 questions with her answers and I’d have to answer them and send them to other people – does anyone know what I’m talking about?

Here are the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names, linking to them.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

And here are my 5 facts:

1. I have an intense fear of spiders – doesn’t matter how small they are. Seeing one literally makes me start the “fight or flight” response – racing heart, sweaty hands…

Yeah. This picture makes me nervous…

2. I have a 14-year-old brother with mild autism. He is seriously the sunshine in my life – he has taught me so much and we are very close. I don’t know what I’d do without him!

3. I met my boyfriend Bobby during our sophomore year of high school. We had to do a research paper in English class – by chance, I came up with the idea to do it on why school uniforms are good, only to find out that he had randomly decided to do why school uniforms are bad – so we had to present our opposing views in a speech to the class. We became friends after that, and started dating a year later.

4. I won my school spelling bee in 7th grade. I made it past the regional competition, too. Then I started getting made fun of for it and, being the insecure 7th grader that I was, I sabotaged my chances at making it to the state level during the written test portion of the competition by purposefully misspelling words I knew. Who knows if I would’ve actually qualified…but I kick myself for doing that now! Stupid middle school pressures – I should never have caved!

5. I cut my chin pretty badly when I was about 2, but never got stitches. I have a nice scar that I don’t pay much attention to since it’s been there all my life, but usually about a year after I meet someone, we’ll be standing closer than usual or in unusually bright light and all of the sudden I have this conversation:

Them: “Oh no! What did you do to your chin?!”

Me: “I cut it open…when I was two.”

Them: “Oh, guess I never noticed before.”

So now all of you know, and in case we ever happen to meet, you can look at the scar on my chin first thing 😉

Hurrah! That was fun! Thanks again Erica and Monica!!

Now I have to do some searching to find five bloggers who haven’t been tagged…here’s hoping you haven’t been already!!

1 oatmeal May 24, 2008 at 6:18 am

I hate spiders as well!! Not so much the little ones…although I still hate it when they dangle down from their webs D: I have this fear that I’ll wake up with a spider dangling in front of my face! -shudder-

And it is too bad about the spelling bee! But I’m still impressed that you made it that far!

2 Romina May 24, 2008 at 7:44 am

That is SO cool that you did so well on your spelling bee! You must be a smarty pants. =)

3 VeggieGirl May 24, 2008 at 10:10 am

I too am DEATHLY (beyond so) afraid of spiders – just typing that word is making me get the chills!! Ahh!!!

Haha, love how you and Bobby met :0D

So heartwarming about you and your brother – he’s very lucky to have you.

4 Leslie May 24, 2008 at 10:48 am

ooh – a challenge!? I accept! I’ll asnwer the questions next week on the Weighting Game. Thanks for thinking of me!!! Have a great weekend,

5 Tra May 24, 2008 at 5:27 pm

omg i too am freaked about spiders- i’ve had one on my face before and just died. DIED.

6 Erica May 25, 2008 at 8:57 am

Thank you for doing this! The story about how you and your boyfriend met is awesome!

7 lindzakins921 May 26, 2008 at 10:02 am

LOL… I hate spiders too… they skeeve me out majorly!!!!

8 WeightingGame May 30, 2008 at 10:55 am

OK, I responded to your tag :-)

9 Alyssa June 1, 2008 at 10:38 am

Hi! First-time reader and poster here. I have a fear of spiders as well, but it’s much better now than it was in my 20’s. But that picture you posted still freaks me out,lol!
I have 2 kids with Autism, a nearly 7 year-old boy and a 4 1/2 year-old girl. They are amazing! Such characters, both of them! I’d love to hear more about growing up with your brother.

10 Jenn June 1, 2008 at 4:18 pm

Thanks all for your comments ~ I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who hates spiders!

Alyssa ~ Thanks for reading! Growing up with my brother has truly been wonderful – he is quite the character too! There have been ups and downs for him as far as making friends and learning at school, but he actually goes to a school especially for kids with autism/Asperger’s now – and he loves it! He’s made a lot of friends and school is so much easier because they learn with a computer program that is a lot more visual and catered to their individual needs. I’d love to talk more about it with you if you have any other questions. My email is jlkorducki@gmail.com!