Don’t worry…Breakfast Challenge: Day 2

by Jenn (eating bender) on June 2, 2008

Ok, here’s the scoop: today was my orientation for my summer internship!! The job seems absolutely amazing, and the people are all so nice! I can’t wait until my first day, after school is FINALLY over! This summer is all about my internship, being outside, and blogging!! I know I’m excited – hope you are too 😉

So, day 2 of the breakfast challenge. First of all, thank you so much to everyone for all the great ideas – you’ve inspired me to think outside of the box, and I intend on using some of your ideas before this challenge is over. For now, you’ll have to forgive my busyness once again – I forgot my camera and as a result, I only photographed breakfast :( But as this post indicates, don’t worry – I will have a lot more time tomorrow and will have pictures galore of day 3! I do promise, however, that I am keeping to the rules of the challenge!!

The good news is, breakfast turned out to be extra delicious!! I brought back the stove top oats for the first time in a while, adding the usual whipped banana and topping with maple syrup and PB granola. But my liquid this time was strictly unsweetened chocolate almond milk!!!

The result was a mocha masterpiece! I’ve said it before, but if you can find chocolate almond milk, get it! I buy mine from Whole Foods – it’s the Almond Breeze brand.

I’m also really liking the Bear Naked Peanut Butter Granola. It’s got just the right amount of peanut and crunch!

So I know it’s not the most lavish of posts, but hopefully the delicious breakfast makes up for it! I will be back on the photo track tomorrow – until then, let the challenge continue!! I hope everyone had a Merry Monday!

1 lindzakins921 June 2, 2008 at 8:42 pm

ooo i have to try this…i love vanilla almond breeze unsweetened and was always curious if the chocolate was just as good!

2 VeggieGirl June 2, 2008 at 8:57 pm

So glad that you’re excited for your new internship!! Best of luck with it, when you start :0)

Oh my, that Mocha-filled breakfast looks MARVELOUS!!! Can’t wait to see your next Breakfast Challenge meal!!

3 Romina June 2, 2008 at 10:08 pm

That’s so awesome that you’re excited about your internship!! I wish I could be happy about work, haha.

Oh my gosh, everytime I see “Unsweetened Almond Milk” (plus the !!!!) I just want to get some in my belly!!

4 ChocolateCoveredVegan June 3, 2008 at 8:43 am

Just stumbled upon your blog, so I thought I’d let you know how cute it is :o)

5 Tina June 3, 2008 at 8:52 am

Yum!!!!! Looks so pretty with the colors of the bowl! I can’t wait to try this! :)

6 oatmeal June 3, 2008 at 1:14 pm

Glad things are looking great for your internship! 😀

I’m LOVING the look of that chocolatey oatmeal! Such a great, brown color~bet it smells amazing with the chocolate almond milk and banana and all! And that bowl is the most amazing color ever~

Can’t wait to see what you’ve come up with on Day 3! :mrgreen:

7 Kristie June 3, 2008 at 3:08 pm

I really wish I could get my hands on the unsweetened chocolate almond milk, I can only ever find the sweetened one!

So glad to hear that the internship sounds like it’ll be awesome. I’m sure it’ll make for an awesome summer for you!

8 Jenn June 3, 2008 at 7:38 pm

Lindz ~ It’s definitely just as good, if not better!!

VeggieGirl ~ Thank you :)

Romina ~ Haha, yeah I am excited about this work in particular, since a) it’s not school and b) I think I might actually want to do it when I graduate!

ChocolateCoveredVegan ~ Thanks for reading! :)

Tina ~ Thank you :)

Carmen ~ Thanks! You’re certainly doing an amazing job on the challenge :)

Kristie ~ Thanks, I’m looking forward to it! Good luck in the search for unsweetened chocolate almond milk!