by Jenn (eating bender) on June 12, 2008

What a great first day off! I spent the afternoon hanging out with my brother, then we went to the gym for a great workout! I had 1/2 a Clif ZBar before we left, then I did the Stairmaster and a really hard arm workout with free weights – it felt great!

Speaking of my dad’s talent in the kitchen, he did it again tonight – with fajitas!!

It was certainly quite the spread! Marinated chicken, red peppers, onions, and flank steak – which, according to my dad (and for those who enjoy steak) is the best type to use with the fajita seasoning.

Here’s the rest of the spread:

The little containers had black olives, jalapeno peppers, and vine tomatoes (which, apparently, aren’t affected by the salmonella – so far so good!). The foreground is Mexican cheese and black beans covered in havarti cheese – yes, my family likes cheese if you couldn’t tell :)

I used a Mission whole wheat tortilla for my first fajita. I had some chicken, steak, red peppers, onions, black olives, jalapeno, and tomatoes on mine.

After that I just put some chicken and veggies on my plate and had fajitas sin tortilla 😉 I also had some of the black beans. My dad also opened a bottle of red wine, so I had a glass.

It was really good! My parents call themselves cheap wine connoisseurs – they find the best tasting wine at the lowest prices :)

I’m off to watch some television with my family. Tomorrow morning we are playing golf bright and early, so I’ll have a post up later in the afternoon!

Sweet dreams :)

1 Richelle June 12, 2008 at 12:22 am

Steak fajitas are THE BEST! I never had them until I visited Texas recently, soo good.. Stuffing them with whatever you want is a bonus since you get to watch what goes in em. YUM!! I have a strong Mexican craving coming up..

2 lindzakins921 June 12, 2008 at 5:21 am

yum, your dad seems like quite the chef! i’ll have to try your dad’s tips next time i make fajitas :)

3 Erica June 12, 2008 at 6:30 am

mmmm fajitas! Must add to menu for next week :)

4 VeggieGirl June 12, 2008 at 9:58 am

Sooo glad that your first day off went well – hooray!!

Looks like a great Mexican feast! :0)

5 glidingcalm June 12, 2008 at 12:08 pm

Haha YUM!!!! I love going to home to eat with my parents. They always have such delicious food!!! That meal is for sure drool-worthy! I would have had some of everything….cept lots more tomatoes! Black beans with cheese is a definite winner too!! yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

6 Jenn June 12, 2008 at 4:54 pm

Richelle ~ I totally agree – stuffing them with what YOU want makes all the difference!

Lindz ~ He definitely is…which makes it easy for the rest of us!!

Erica ~ Yes definitely! They’re my favorite.

VeggieGirl ~ Thanks :)

Em ~ Haha one of the best parts of going home is definitely the food!! Seeing the family is fun too 😉

7 Kristie June 12, 2008 at 5:36 pm

That is QUITE the fajita spread! Looks better than any fajitas they could serve you in a restaurant. Your dad has some serious food talent.

Glad to hear you had a great first day off!