Working girl

by Jenn (eating bender) on June 18, 2008

Ok, so I thought school made it hard to blog? I don’t know how all of you working girls and guys out there do it! Hopefully the pictures will tell the story for me :)

Breakfast was a bowl of oats with flax, wheat germ, peanut butter granola and maple syrup!

Around 11:00 a.m. I started to get hungry, so I had a banana and some David’s pumpkin seeds – sorry, I keep forgetting to take pictures at work. Sometimes we have functions, too, so it’s impossible to photograph!

I went out to lunch with some of my new colleagues today! We went to a Mexican place called Burrito Beach, and I got the barbecue chicken burrito. It was nice to get to know a few of the other interns a little better! Sorry I don’t have a picture :( After lunch, I walked around a little bit in the beautiful weather!!

For dinner tonight (well, I guess last night since I’m posting this on Wednesday!), I had the sandwich I had originally brought to work for lunch – two slices of Arnold Flax & Fiber bread with deli turkey, spinach, and honey mustard!

On the side I had some whipped cottage cheese and a spinach salad with mushrooms and Annie’s Woodstock dressing – which I tried for the first time and found it is just as good as the Goddess! YUMM!

Thanks to everyone who has been so understanding and congratulatory! For those interested, my internship is in Chicago in a PR department! It’s very exciting for me, a broadcast journalism major, to see things from the other side! I actually think I might like this better – I’ll keep you updated :)

Happy Hump Day everyone! Wrap-up post to come tonight! :mrgreen:

1 Romina June 18, 2008 at 7:48 am

I don’t know how people can blog several times a day and have a job and school! It’s crazy!! Keep up the good work girl. =)

2 VeggieGirl June 18, 2008 at 9:50 am

I’m with you and Romina – I too don’t understand how people can blog multiple times, every single day. I commend you for blogging as often as you do, Jenn!! And wow, that oatmeal looks delish – yum!!

As a fellow journalism major, I’m super-excited for you – keep up the great work!! :0)

3 Caroline June 18, 2008 at 11:40 am

I love that Arnold Flax & Fiber bread–it’s the best!
PS I tagged you to fill out a fun survey. I just thought you might enjoy it next time you have some free time!

4 Melissa June 18, 2008 at 1:02 pm

I know :( That’s why my blogs are normally a few days apart now. I hate that. It’s just so hard to do at work…and when I get home, I’m so busy that I have no time there either! Ah, LIFE! :)

5 annaalstondonnelly June 18, 2008 at 2:54 pm

Congratulations on your internship- getting a taste of the “real world” will be so valuable to you, not just when you look for a job, but when you are the only recent graduate at your company that doesn’t have to deal with the initial shock of being a grown up! Good for you.
And your meals today all look delicious!

6 glidingcalm June 18, 2008 at 10:09 pm

Hey Jenn…I have a question for you and I was wondering if I could email you? Or you can just email me if you don’t want to post your contact (at Thanks girl!