by Jenn (eating bender) on June 23, 2008

Well, it’s Monday again.

And that’s pretty much all I have to say about that (she types after spending a full minute wondering what she could possibly write).

I’m pretty worn out today, probably because I couldn’t fall asleep last night after staying up and sleeping in late all weekend. It’s to be expected. Not that that makes it any easier to keep my eyes open :roll:

I had another go at my Berry Blend Oats this morning. I can’t get enough of this new trail mix – it has everything in it that I like and is almost as good as Trader Joe’s Nutz Over Raspberries mix, and since I can find this one at my grocery store (TJ’s is an extra 20-minute drive), I think I’ll save the gas money!

I’ve been relying heavily on the instant oatmeal packets since I started work. I miss the stove top oats, but it’s just so much faster to microwave when every minute counts :)

Add a mug to top off the meal…

Breakfast lasted me quite a while, though not as long as the old fashioned oats. I had a banana at about 10:30 this morning.

Lunch today was another catered meal because of a team meeting. We had a boxed lunch from Corner Bakery, which are all over Chicago. I had the Poblano Fresco on Poblano Cheese Bread, which wasn’t all that great, unfortunately. I also ate a few potato chips and 1/2 of an oatmeal raisin cookie.

Healthy, I know.

So what have I learned? Well, I’m not a fan of catered lunches. It’s hard because it’s free food and they are providing it for you, which is really nice. But it’s not exactly what I want, either (hint: click the link so see what I crave on a regular basis). So, if the question applies:

What do you do to get what you want out of catered lunches?

I brought a newbie (for me, anyway) to work as an afternoon snack today: a Luna Mini bar! I bought a box of three flavors when I went to Target over the weekend. Today I had the Caramel Nut Brownie.

The verdict? For 80 calories, 2.5 grams of fat, 11grams of carbs and 4 grams of protein – they’re pretty good. They definitely have nothing on the Clif ZBaRs, but since they are small and portable, I’ll keep ’em around. I still have two other flavors to try, so who knows?

Don’t expect me to become a “Luna”tic anytime soon though 😉

It was a fiesta at my place tonight :) Bobby made some chicken and shrimp fajitas with veggies and black beans!

I had mine on a Wrap-Itz Flatout tortilla with chicken, shrimp, spinach, red pepper, tomato, and reduced fat Mexican cheese! With black beans on the side, it made for a super filling meal!

I snagged some extra chicken, shrimp, and black beans after eating what’s pictured 😉

Off to watch Jeopardy, then hit the sack for (hopefully!) a better night’s rest!

Sweet dreams :)

1 Caroline June 23, 2008 at 11:00 pm

Corner Bakery AND Jeopardy?! Sounds like a good Monday to me!

2 blueberryhil June 24, 2008 at 12:17 am

That dinner looks amazing. *Plots fajita night*

Luna bars are a great portable snack food. I actually don’t like the caramel nut brownie flavor very well. Which other flavors do you have?

3 Jill June 24, 2008 at 12:20 am

Zbars are the only way to go! Well, not really, but they are the best (I eve think larabars are over-loved.)

Do you find an instant oatmeal packet holds you over? I tend to think it does not, but perhaps this is due to my exercising afterwards

4 annaalstondonnelly June 24, 2008 at 8:08 am

Those fajitas looks awesome!

5 VeggieGirl June 24, 2008 at 9:18 am

Well hey, look on the bright-side – now it’s Tuesday!! :0D

6 Jessica June 24, 2008 at 9:25 am

I just got some flat-out things this weekend! That looks like a fantastic way to use them :) Mmm.

7 ChocolateCoveredVegan June 24, 2008 at 1:07 pm

Your fiesta plate is arranged so prettily!

I love Luna bars, but the mini ones are just too tiny for me!

8 Amy June 24, 2008 at 1:36 pm

What type of tortillas and bread do you use?

9 Jenn June 24, 2008 at 1:59 pm

Caroline ~ Haha, I love Jeopardy!!

blueberryhil ~
Today (Tuesday) I’m trying out Nutz Over Chocolate…what’s your favorite?

Jill ~ No doubt ZBars are the best! I agree that the instant oatmeal isn’t as good at holding me over – only old fashioned oats can do that!

Anna ~

VeggieGirl ~
Too true :)

Jessica ~ The flat out wraps are seriously awesome! Let me know what you think!

ChocolateCoveredVegan ~ I’m finding that too – I just gotta learn to stick to what I know is good (**cough** ZBars **cough**)

Amy ~ I use a few different types. I use the La Tortilla Factory and FlatOut brand tortillas, and the Arnold Flax & Fiber bread. Check out the links under the “Foods & Brands I Love” on the right side of my main page for more info. Let me know if you have any other questions!

10 blueberryhil June 24, 2008 at 4:14 pm

Nutz over Chocolate is pretty good. My favorite is Chocolate Covered Pecan Pie, hands down. Depending on my mood, I also like Toasted Nuts N’ Cranberry (which is the least sweet), S’mores, Lemon Zest and Chai Tea.

11 blueberryhil June 24, 2008 at 4:15 pm

Correction: I meant to type “Chocolate Pecan Pie.”

12 lindzakins921 June 24, 2008 at 5:21 pm

LOL love the title of this post… sadly, I was not a luna-tic after trying these bars, but my mom loved ’em… I felt like they made me hungrier :(

btw i love this oats combination, i have been reading your blog the last couple days and it looks delish!

13 Every Gym's Nightmare June 24, 2008 at 9:51 pm

wow, all your food looks so delicious.

my target doesnt have baby luna bars. im jealous.

i would also like some hot cocoa now, please.

14 Jenn June 25, 2008 at 6:13 am

blueberryhil ~ So as you can see from Tuesday’s post, I just don’t know if I like the Luna bars. But perhaps I will give your flavors a try – I still have a mini S’mores one, so I’ll give it a go today!

Lindz ~
I totally agree with you – and thanks!

Kelly T ~ Haha, thanks! Yeah, I actually hope my Target gets the baby Clif bars – I just have a feeling I might like those better.