Have a holly jolly holiday!

by Jenn (eating bender) on July 3, 2008

Hello and happy Thursday everyone! I recently read this article in Self magazine but came across the online version and thought I would share it with you. Since many people will be traveling or eating away from home for the holiday, I thought it seemed timely. What I took away from it was that even though you’re in unfamiliar territory on vacation, there are still many ways to bring the creature comforts of home with you. It’s a great reminder of a little thing called choice.

I myself will be one of those said travelers this weekend. I’m not sure what the Internet connection will be like, so I may not be back until Sunday night or Monday morning. But I’m bringing my camera and will have a full recap of all the festivities. I’m sure many of you have some exciting things planned – have fun :mrgreen:

1 ChocolateCoveredVegan July 3, 2008 at 4:49 pm

LOL, you are about 6 months too early with your post title… but aren’t Christmastime songs fun to sing year-round? ;o)

Happy (early) fourth of July to you, my dear!

2 oatmeal July 3, 2008 at 6:24 pm

Oooh yes choice is so important, especially on vacation! And yet so difficult–choosing between an instant but small reward, or a delayed but more substantial reward–especially in the face of hunger! :( I guess that’s what being prepared is all about!

Although I think the woman who hired a personal trainer is maybe going overboard a little?! Honestly, it’s a holiday! πŸ˜›

Thanks for sharing yet another great article! Have a great weekend πŸ˜€

3 lindzakins921 July 3, 2008 at 7:21 pm

have an amazing holiday weekend – thanks for posting that great article – i think i read it in the mag too :)

4 Allison July 3, 2008 at 7:59 pm

Thanks for the article~I love SELF magazine! Have a wonderful weekend…I can’t wait for pictures!

5 addicted2pb July 4, 2008 at 7:05 am

Oatmeal — I thought the same thing when I read that personal trainer bit. Not quite what I have in mind when I think vacation… not to mention I don’t have extra money after already planning out the vacation!

Enjoy the 4th (errr, today) for me everyone… I’m in Argentina so there’s no independence celebrating going on here :(

6 glidingcalm July 4, 2008 at 10:03 am

I wish you a holly jolly holiday as well Ms. Jenn!

7 sweetsandsweats July 4, 2008 at 10:54 pm

Have a great holiday weekend!!!

8 MizFit July 6, 2008 at 1:19 pm

I too had a moment of WAIT. did I rip van winkle myself?

9 Jenn July 6, 2008 at 9:55 pm

ChocolateCoveredVegan ~ I couldn’t agree more – Christmas songs are good anytime :)

Carmen ~ I agree – the trainer is a little much!!

Lindz ~ You too!

Allison ~ Thanks! Hope you had a good holiday!

addicted2pb ~ Ooh Argentina?! That’s not so bad! :)

Em ~ Thank ya!!

sweetsandsweats ~ Hope you did too!

MizFit ~ Haha, Rip van Winkle – I haven’t heard that story in a long time!