“Eggs”-actly what I wanted!

by Jenn (eating bender) on July 28, 2008

Is it Monday morning already? I don’t even have anything else to say about that!

At least I can TRY to entertain you by reminiscing on Sunday’s lunch and dinner.

Lunch was thrown together quickly as I had several errands to run and needed something that would fill me up in a hurry.

It started out with a huge (nearly 1 cup!) serving of whipped cottage cheese.

Plus a slice of this fantastic sourdough wheat bread that I found at Trader Joe’s recently. It was a freshly baked, store brand that tasted soft and doughy. I spread my slice with a bit of hazelnut butter.

And finally, a bowl filled with roughly a cup of fresh blueberries.

Before running out to do my errands, I also grabbed a quick handful of white chocolate chips. We wouldn’t want the sweet tooth to be deprived for too long, would we?

After my errands, I came back and got dressed and ready for a trip to the gym. I did 50 minutes on the elliptical followed by some extended stretching and a little bit of abs. Perfectly refreshing.

It’s starting to become a summer trend to make omelettes on Sunday nights. This night was no different, and it turned out to be “eggs”-actly what I wanted. Haha, I had to throw that one in there – sorry everyone, I know you’re groaning;) Anyway, I made my omelette with some pretty fantastic ingredients. First, there was sliced AmyLu andouille chicken sausage. Then came fresh sun-dried tomatoes. There was also some spinach to be had. Here’s what everything looked like sizzling in the pan.

Of course, you can’t have a proper omelette without the star of the show

Can you tell this product has become my new addiction? I spread it on the omelette to get a melty, cheesy flavor in every bite.

Here’s the final product, topped with some fresh guacamole! On the side, there was some fresh cut red pepper and tomato slices, which I also topped with some of the yummy guac!

And of course, a close-up of the omelette itself is necessary.

Here’s what it looked like on the inside:

Adding the chicken sausage gave it an extra protein and spicy kick that I loved.

After dinner, I did some tidying up around the place and then Bobby and I decided to watch some Lost (shocking, I know). I was feeling the need for something sweet, so I broke out this guy:

I had 1/2 cup Stonyfield After Dark Chocolate topped with a dollop of whipped cream.

And I may or may not have had a couple of extra spoonfuls straight from the container. I will let you decide;) This flavor is my favorite!

And so the week begins…

1 Fit Bottomed Girls July 28, 2008 at 7:01 am

Gosh the blueberries are fantastic this time of year. I’ve been gobbling them up!

On a side note, I saw Dark Knight. AMAZING.

2 MizFit July 28, 2008 at 7:12 am

whipped WHAT?!

Ive never seen that.

off to whole foods today….

3 ChocolateCoveredVegan July 28, 2008 at 7:20 am

Ugh, yes it’s already Monday… where does the time go?!

4 jenngirl July 28, 2008 at 7:54 am

wow, first of all, that omelette looks AMAZING! Looks like I need to work on my technique a little bit. Secondly, After Dark Chocolate is my favorite as well! Perfect way to end an evening. Have a great week! :)

5 Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) July 28, 2008 at 8:07 am

Oh my gosh, you are seriously making me crave an omelette! It just looks that good!

6 VeggieGirl July 28, 2008 at 8:25 am

Blah, Mondays – but hey, that means it’s closer to THE FIRST WEEK OF AUGUST!!! :0D

The whipped cottage cheese looks like a cloud… fun!! Yes, I’m easily amused.

Hazelnut-butter + guacamole + white chocolate chips + blueberries (but not all eaten together! haha) = pure delectableness.

7 Mark Salinas July 28, 2008 at 10:08 am

OMG! That omelet looks like the goods. I am on that one. YUM!

8 Erica July 28, 2008 at 10:11 am

That froyo looks great, gotta get some!

9 Fitzalan July 28, 2008 at 10:16 am

Chicken Sausage are my new obsession too. I had the sundried tomatoes one’s on Friday night. Fabulous!

mmm, your ice cream is making me crave a nice tasty scoop with whipped cream!

10 Heather July 28, 2008 at 10:38 am

I love breakfast for dinner!

11 annaalstondonnelly July 28, 2008 at 10:39 am

Gorgeous omelette. I fully support you!

12 Fitnessista July 28, 2008 at 10:40 am

i’m on a mission to find basically everything in your blog: whipped cottage cheese, wheat sourdough (!!!!), chicken sausage and the after dark yogurt (that looks DELICIOUS).

it’s gonna be rough trying to find all of this in southern georgia…

13 eatingbirdfood July 28, 2008 at 10:41 am

I love having breakfast for dinner, mainly because breakfast is my favorite meal. And, sundried tomatoes in an omelette…. great idea.

14 monsappetit July 28, 2008 at 11:22 am

jenn that omelette looks amazing! i love guac so pretty much anything with it rocks my world :)

15 All Vegged Out July 28, 2008 at 11:37 am

Omelettes and Ice Cream, two of my favorite things in the whole world :) Yummy!!!

16 glidingcalm July 28, 2008 at 12:23 pm

Nice lookin chicken sausage.

Hm. That sounds kind of creepy.

Good eats Jenn…not that I can’t always count on that from your blog! Too bad I don’t like Dark Chocolate…otherwise that ice cream would seem more tempting.

Happy Mondo girlie girllllll!

17 blueberryhil July 28, 2008 at 12:34 pm

Yummy omelet fillings. I approve.

18 Aimee July 28, 2008 at 2:55 pm

I love that brand/flavor of frozen yogurt. I also love having omelettes for dinner, that may be partially because that is one of the dinners that my husband is always in charge of cooking and food tastes so much better when prepared by someone else:P

19 Jenn July 28, 2008 at 3:46 pm

Fit Bottomed Girls ~ AMAZING needs to be in all caps. And repeated about a billion times 😉

MizFit ~ I hope they have it at Whole Foods for you – it’s the best thing since regular cottage cheese :)

CCV ~ I don’t know? That’s a good question…

jenngirl ~ Aw, thank you! And name twins like the same kind of fro yo? Seems fitting :)

Foodie ~ Thank you, thank you!

VeggieGirl ~
I love all those foods – but you’re right, definitely not together. That might get a little dicey…

Mark ~ Haha nice! :)

Erica ~ It’s the best!

Fitzalan ~ Ooh there’s a sun-dried tomato version? I must find that one!

Heather ~ Me too :)

Anna ~ Haha, thank you ma’am!

Fitnessista ~ I hope you accomplish your mission!!

eatingbirdfood ~ Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? So why not have it twice?

Mon ~ I love guac too :)

All Vegged Out ~
Definitely on my list of favorite foods as well!

Em ~ Your comments never fail to make me laugh!

blueberryhil ~

Aimee ~ Ah, nothing better than when someone else cooks for you!!

20 Leigh July 28, 2008 at 4:44 pm

i thought that whipped cottage cheese was ice cream at first.

21 Erin July 28, 2008 at 10:44 pm

That omelet look A.MAY.ZING! Super jeal! Check out my breakfast tomorrow – you’re my inspiration!

22 Caroline July 28, 2008 at 11:35 pm

Haha–word puns are always OK in my book;)
You’re making me want to break out the Laughing Cow again, or, as I used to refer to it, The Jolly Ungulate. Now who’s making people groan?!

23 Melissa July 29, 2008 at 12:21 am

wow, i could eat your omelette off the screen. i wonder how it would taste w/ veggie chorizo???? i bet that would be gooooooodddd….

and that ice cream looks so great! i’m jealous! though i do have some chocolate brownie chunk soy ice cream in the freezer…calling out to me….LOL.

hope your monday was good!

24 Heather July 29, 2008 at 12:31 am

Where is your fave place to shop for food in Chicago? I’ve been doing Whole Foods obviously, but sometimes I get a little bored or just want a change of pace… any creative suggestions?

25 Jenn July 29, 2008 at 8:56 am

Leigh ~ Mm, ice cream? I wish!

Erin ~ I definitely will check it out! That’s so sweet :)

Caroline ~ The Jolly Ungulate!! That’s awesome – thanks for making me smile (not groan!) 😉

Melissa ~ Ooh I bet veggie chorizo would be great! And I LOVE soy ice cream too, so I’m jealous of you!!

Heather ~ Other than Whole Foods, I really like Trader Joe’s and Dominick’s. Dominick’s is known for having the freshest produce of all the local grocery stores – and they have one of those membership cards, so you can find some stuff on the cheap!