So sweet!

by Jenn (eating bender) on July 29, 2008

First of all…

All of your sweet comments have been making me smile all day long, sort of like :mrgreen: but a little less green because thankfully I’m not feeling sick anymore! I’m happy to report that once I got to work this morning, my stomach slowly started feeling better. I am ALSO happy to report that I found a new way to download pictures onto my computer (via memory card and USB port), so that little problem should be out of my life forever, too! Hurray for today being better than yesterday.

I’m stopping in to let you know that I will have my eats up tomorrow morning. Tonight, I’m going to a show in the city! I won’t tell you what show it is yet – you’ll just have to wait and see! Can you stand the suspense? I know, it will drive you crazy all night long πŸ˜‰ Riiight…

Before I go, I wanted to post a link for you! Turns out Cargill is introducing a new stevia-based sweetener to rival Splenda and NutraSweet – the “natural” way. Click this link here to read more about Truvia, and let me know what your thoughts are in the comment section. Apparently it’s going to be used in Coca-Cola as soon as next year, so it’s a pretty big deal. I’ll give my two cents once I hear what you all have to say first!

Have a great night, everyone! Thanks again for all of your wonderful comments!

1 Fitnessista July 29, 2008 at 5:11 pm

have fun at the show tonight!! can’t wait to hear what you’re going to see!

as far as truvia goes, i’ll probably wait a while before i try it (like i do with anything, just to be safe- i’m paranoid like that) and i think it will give people who don’t read nutrtional labels a false presumption that coca-cola is suddenly healthy if it contains truvia.

2 Megan July 29, 2008 at 6:47 pm

I am glad you are feeling better. Thanks for the new Truvia info.

3 VeggieGirl July 29, 2008 at 7:02 pm

Ahh, this makes ME happy to read that you’re feeling much better – keep it up!! And of COURSE have an awesome time at the show (which I’m dying to know about, haha – do give details later!!)

4 lindzakins921 July 29, 2008 at 7:03 pm

glad you’re better! good luck :)

have tons of fun tonight :)

5 Melissa July 29, 2008 at 7:57 pm

i’m so glad that you’re feeling better!

have fun at the show tonight!

6 ChocolateCoveredVegan July 29, 2008 at 8:25 pm

I’m very glad to know two things:
A. You’re feeling better and
B. You are not green ;o)

7 Fit Bottomed Girls July 29, 2008 at 8:49 pm

Very curious to learn more about this Truvia…although it sounds like one of those sneaky pharamecutical names that try to overtly convice you of how great they are or what they do, such as Flomax. That one still cracks me up.

8 Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) July 29, 2008 at 9:19 pm

I’m glad you are feeling better!

Have an awesome time at the show!

9 Lisa July 29, 2008 at 9:32 pm

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Stomach problems are the worst!

Thanks for the link re: Truvia. Although it touts that it is made from the natural shrub, stevia, there is surely more to it than that. And the fact that major cola brands plan to incorprate it isn’t necessarily a good thing. I am pretty apprehensive about it, but appreciate the info!

10 Bobilly July 29, 2008 at 11:09 pm

I don’t know about you, but I don’t trust Coke as far as I can throw one of their cans. I hear from good sources that Truvia is mostly Erythritol and that the stevia part of it is really just marketing more than substantial ingredient. Regardless, I’m already happy with a stevia soda called Zevia. It’s a small company with good vibe, so I’d rather support an up and comer than a behemoth like coke.

11 Allison July 30, 2008 at 12:48 am

Blah, I know how you feel about stomach aches…they’re the worst!! I’m so glad you’re feeling better! :0) Have LOTS of fun at the show tonight…I can’t wait to read all about it!

12 Kristie July 30, 2008 at 6:28 am

Ack, so sorry to hear about your less than amazing day, but I’m glad to hear that you’re feeling a bit better now and also that you found a NEW and SAFER way to download those pics without risk of losing them!
Enjoy your mystery show, can’t wait to hear what it is!

I’m really intrigued by this Truvia deal too. That’d be awesome if it actually were an all-natural, all-safe sweetener. Somehow I doubt it though… sigh.

13 mizFit July 30, 2008 at 6:33 am

Hope the show was funfunfun.

M., who is *so* longing to try truvia. Yep. Isaidit.

14 Erica July 30, 2008 at 6:54 am

I am really excited about the truvia (thanks for the link!). Although I do agree with everyone…there probably is more to it than just a natural substance, I think it is still a step in the right direction. I’m with the Mizfit, I can’t wait to try it!

I tried to frozen yogurt last night and oh my gosh…so delicious! I bought two kinds and both were amazing! You are the best! Thanks for pointing out this sweet product to me :)

15 Rose July 30, 2008 at 8:52 am

Hope you have fun at the show!

16 Fitzalan July 30, 2008 at 10:41 am

Glad you are feeling better!!! Camera fixed and a show tonight. Perfect hump day!!

17 Jenn July 30, 2008 at 11:43 am

Fitnessista ~ I’m with you. We will definitely need to wait a while before judging whether or not it’s safe – and I sincerely hope it doesn’t make people think Coke = water!

Megan ~
Thank you!

VeggieGirl ~ The show was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. And that just begins to describe it.

Lindz ~ Thanks chica!

Melissa ~ Thank you :)

CCV ~ Ha! That made me laugh, thank you!!

Fit Bottomed Girls ~ Very true! Ohhh Flomax – how can we take you seriously? It just creates bad images in my mind…

Foodie ~ Thank you!

Lisa ~ I’m apprehensive, too. But I guess only time will tell what it’s really like!

Bobilly ~ Thanks for the tip on Zevia! I’ve heard of it before, but you raise a good point – it’s hard to trust a product that is so quickly going to become part of Coke’s bottom line.

Allison ~ Thank you! :)

Kristie ~ Yes! The camera downloading thing is much better this way – WOOHOO! Haha, a little too much excitement…but oh well.

MizFit ~ Thanks for not being afraid to say it πŸ˜‰

Erica ~ I’m SO thrilled you liked the fro yo. My favorite part of blogging is when people try something I eat and actually like it! Yay!

Rose ~ Thanks – I DID!!

Fitzalan ~ The camera is basically fixed, yay! But I’m still on the lookout for a cheap new one πŸ˜‰

18 ian eisenberg July 30, 2008 at 2:10 pm

Hi! We use stevia in our drink. It is a natural alternative to deit soda. We beat Coke to the punch by over a year. Email me and I will send you sample sif you want to try it. Cola, Orange, Twist and Ginger Root Beer.