The show (and performers) last night was absolutely insane! As in literally, I think some of those people are insane – but in a good way, of course 😉 The show is called Kooza (click the link!), and it’s the newest Cirque du Soleil performance out there right now! If you have never been to a Cirque du Soleil show (there are several across the country, I think), you really should consider going. Basically, it’s an acrobatic and circus performance with talented people who accomplish AMAZING feats in 2.5 hours. Here’s a breakdown of what they did last night:
1) Gumby – I don’t know how else to describe these girls. You could literally bend them every which way, just like Gumby! They stacked on top of each other by RESTING THEIR NECKS ON THE FLOOR at one point – seriously.
2) Trapeze – The girl who did this was only 17! She went so high that she had to attach a cord, and actually fell down trying to do her hardest stunt. It was terrifying!
3) Unicycle – A guy balances a girl on his head while riding a unicycle, then proceeds to twist her around in several directions while STILL riding the unicycle. Enough said.
4) Tight-rope walk – These four men RODE BICYCLES on a tight rope!
5) Spinning wheels – These men used a JUMP ROPE as wheels were spinning them higher and faster in the air! It was really scary (almost too much so) at one point because they didn’t have any sort of cord attached to them and one of them FELL OUT OF THE WHEEL! He caught the edge and had to hoist himself back up – I sort of screamed at that point.
6) Crazy chair guy – he stacked about 10 chairs one on top of the other and balanced on them all. For the first six or so, he didn’t even have a cord. I’m telling you, these people are insane!!
7) Juggler – I think this guy could juggle pretty much anything. He even started to do tricks WHILE he was juggling.
8 ) Catapult tricks – One acrobat would be catapulted ON TO THE SHOULDERS of another. And at one point, there were TWO people stacked on top of each other and a THIRD person flipped on to their shoulders. We are talking INCHES of landing space that has to be exact.
There is probably a lot more that I am missing, but I have to rest my mouth now because even TYPING about it still makes my jaw drop! My head started hurting by the end of the performance because my face had a SURPRISED look the entire time! I’m telling you – GO SEE THIS SHOW!!
Ok, so that was my night. It was pretty damn fantastic.
Now here is what I ate that day! I’ve got to keep this quick because I’m super busy today, but I hope that my show review helped keep this post interesting!
A microwaved poached egg with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge in the middle.
Along with a slice of sourdough wheat bread with hazelnut butter.
The last of my key lime pie Larabar samples. It was just as good as it was the first time around. I will definitely be looking into this flavor in the future! Sorry the picture is a little awful blurry.
I met my friend for lunch at Millenium Park. I stopped at Cosi and didn’t snap a picture of my actual food because I got the same as always – a Bombay Chicken Salad! But of course, not wanting to disappoint you, I have a visual representation!
With spinach, red pepper, red onion, tomato and tandoori chicken, it’s impossible to go wrong!
I also had 1/2 of the Etruscan whole grain bread. I gave the other 1/2 to my friend because it was warm and fresh out of the oven. It was just too good not to share I can be nice like that sometimes.
I saw a post on Elastic Waist that said Starbucks was continuing to offer FREE VIVANNO drinks every Tuesday from 2-4 pm, so I knew I had to take advantage of that!
I got the Banana–Chocolate again. Hey, I know what I like alright?!
Bobby and I decided to treat ourselves (aka we had a gift certificate) to McCormick & Schmick’s for dinner. We started out by splitting a warm loaf of sourdough bread.
And for dinner, I got what I had last time: cornmeal-crusted walleye with sweet potato hash. It came with fried onions on top – I managed to sneak a few pieces but put the rest on the side.
As for what that pool of green liquid is? Your guess is as good as mine! I ate my way around it but had a small taste and it was very oily. I’m just not sure – but it was fancy!
Ahh I must go now, unfortunately. But to recap:
GO SEE KOOZA AND FOOD IS AWESOME!
Happy humpday, everyone