Bender’s Blenders: A Better Whey?

by Jenn (eating bender) on July 31, 2008

Happy Thursday, everyone! Quick announcement before I get to the good stuff: I unfortunately won’t have Internet access tonight – but hopefully what’s below will help make up for that!

I’ve been blending up some new drinks in my Vitamix and thought it appropriate to keep you “posted” (ha, get it?) on what I’ve come up with. Enjoy!

Bender’s Blenders: The Vanillabutter Whey

An alternative to The Choconana Whey, this protein-packed shake combines the flavors of vanilla and peanut, with a hint of chocolate frozen yogurt to feel completely indulgent! Perfect after an intense workout, or anytime you’re feeling the need to spruce up your average dessert bowl!

Ingredients (serves 1):

• 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I like Almond Breeze)
  • 1 scoops (approximately 1/2 oz.) vanilla protein powder (I used Biochem)
  • 1/2 tbsp. peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup chocolate frozen yogurt (I like Stonyfield)
  • 5 ice cubes
  • Optional: Reddi-Whip topping

Combine ingredients and blend until smooth. Add whipped topping if desired, and enjoy!

Nutrition (includes whipped topping):

• Calories: 240
  • Fat: 11g (from PB)
  • Sodium: 356mg
  • Carbohydrates: 19g
  • Fiber: 3g
  • Protein: 18g

1 VeggieGirl July 31, 2008 at 4:45 pm

What a fun blender combination!!

2 mi July 31, 2008 at 5:52 pm

super smoothie!! looks delicious :)

3 Monica July 31, 2008 at 5:59 pm

that looks great and i love the name- bender’s blenders!

4 Sarah July 31, 2008 at 6:53 pm

oh. my. gosh. I LOVEEEEE that mug. SO cute! i bought the travel mug thats really similar because 1) i am obsessed with starbucks 2) it’s just so freaking cute.

and that smoothie looks so good! mmm mmm

5 fitnessista July 31, 2008 at 9:48 pm

i love starbucks mugs! i’ll be trying your recipe this weekend :)

6 Allison July 31, 2008 at 11:15 pm

That drink sounds A-MAZING!! Talk about the best flavors all combined into one CUTE mug! How do you like the MaraNatha peanut butter? I’ve been looking around at different brands lately, but I’ve heard a lot of good things about that one!

7 Jenn August 1, 2008 at 8:54 am

VeggieGirl ~ Thank you! :)

mi ~ It is definitely “super” in that it’s packed with protein and healthy fats!

Monica ~ Thanks, my dad gets the credit. His creativity (and nerdiness) is always apparent :) Just kidding if you’re reading this, Dad!

Sarah ~ I know – I LOVE the Starbucks mugs that look like cups! I have a to-go one in the CHRISTMAS CUP DESIGN!! Ahh!! :)

fitnessista ~ Awesome! Let me know what you think :)

Allison ~ I really like the MaraNatha PB! I’ve tried their almond butter but wasn’t really a fan, but the no-stir creamy PB is the best tasting that I’ve found!

8 Mark Salinas August 1, 2008 at 9:20 am

Looks delicious!

9 addicted2pb August 1, 2008 at 9:23 am

Oh baby… anything chocolate and peanut butter has to be good… as soon as I’m back in my apartment I know what I’m making!

10 Pumpkin August 1, 2008 at 10:10 am

I saw Foodie’s write up of your blog, and I’m glad I stopped by! What a pretty blog you have!

I like all your smoothie ideas… I may just have to buy a blender!

11 Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) August 1, 2008 at 12:12 pm

Yay for another Bender’s Blenders post! And so soon! I’m definitely gonna make it.

And I gotta tell you that I absolutely love how you give little descriptions about each drink. I love reading those! You should make a smoothie/shake book – I bet people would totally go out and buy it!

12 Jenn August 1, 2008 at 1:46 pm

Mark ~ Thank you!

addicted2pb ~ Great! Let me know what you think if you do make it 😉

Pumpkin ~ Thank you so much! And blenders are definitely a good buy – they have so many different uses!

Foodie ~ So glad you liked it! I would LOVE to make a smoothie/shake book some day – maybe I could even call it Bender’s Blenders?! Haha :)