I wish I had a computer that made waffle.

by Jenn (eating bender) on August 10, 2008

I love how WordPress allows you to view the search terms people used to find your blog :) I just want to let that person know that I also wish I had a computer that made waffle. It certainly would be delicious – the batter would fit perfectly into the grooves on the keyboard. Ah! I should keep my mouth shut – that could be a very valuable invention someday! Well, now that the cat’s out of the bag, I guess I should patent it 😉 Corny jokes, I know. But that doesn’t stop me!

I had a very productive Sunday. I did three loads of laundry (long overdue, as you can tell), cleaned up the kitchen, went through my closet and sorted through boxes, watched the Olympics and went on a refreshing run outside. It was absolutely gorgeous out there today!

I decided to give the protein-packed oatmeal another try this morning, since I couldn’t taste them yesterday :( I used the exact same ingredients, but I also wanted to incorporate that fabulous Vegan Choconana Pudding Bread, so it became my new topping!

Now I can give you a full review :) I really liked the addition of the vanilla whey powder. While I could barely taste it, it managed to add a little extra volume that helped me slow down the eating process, an issue that I am constantly working on since I normally scarf everything down like there’s no tomorrow eat too quickly. It should also be noted that the banana bread topping was absolutely fabulous! Look at those extra banana slices in some of the pieces – YUM!

I finished off breakfast with the typical mug of Coffee Cocoa.

After breakfast, I knew I had to get outside. It was a sunny, clear sky kind of day. I checked the weather and found it to be 70* with little humidity. Summer days like that don’t happen very often here (it’s usually sweltering and humid) so I knew I needed to take advantage of it! I went for a nice and easy run to the gym, did some leg exercises on some of the machines there, then ran home – probably a 2.5 mile run in total. I went a little further on my way home to pass by some of the excitement at a local park, where there were people outside barbecuing, playing Frisbee and just enjoying summer. It totally brought a smile to my face :) Plus I had some great music playing on the iPod, so I was just in a really good mood.

I came home and did an intense ab workout with Cindy from ExerciseTV. She is killer! Seriously, the hardest 24 minute ab workout I have ever done. Ouch!

I cleaned up and immediately headed straight to the kitchen to refuel! I made myself a sandwich using a slice of Rudi’s Honey Sweet Whole Wheat Bread, 1 oz. of goat cheese and some organic spinach. I also had some grape tomatoes on the side.

Mm Mm Mm. It was my first time trying goat cheese on a sandwich, and I was not disappointed! This particular log has Mediterranean Herbs & Spices mixed in, so it was extra tasty!

I also had 1/2 cup whipped cottage cheese with 1/2 tbsp. Maranatha PB. You know you are jealous of this combination 😉 Seriously, I know some of you find it strange. But I think it’s pretty darn awesome.

I spent the rest of the afternoon doing chores around the house. I started to get hungry a few hours after lunch, but wasn’t ready for dinner, so I tided myself over with some Trader Joe’s Rainbows End trail mix. It packs a punch with raisins, peanuts, almonds and chocolate candies.

I was so proud of myself for trying something new with dinner tonight. I found some Nasoya cubed tofu on the cheap at Whole Foods this weekend and thought I’d give it a try. I let one serving soak in a bath of Newman’s Own teriyaki marinade, then heated it up in a pan on the stove with some cooking spray and about a cup of spinach. On the side, I had another first: CARROT WITH PB! Big thanks to Miss Gliding Calm for suggesting this one enough times to finally get me to try it, because it was worth it!

The tofu came out very tasty. The marinade gave it just the right amount of flavor, and the texture was firm, but still chewy enough so that it wasn’t like rubber. The spinach was great, too – I love the way a whole cup can shrink down to such a small size! And the carrot with PB totally made this meal :) I just love when new dinners turn out to be a success!

And now I’m snacking on what has quickly become a nighttime staple during the summer – frozen green and purple grapes! They really are such a cooling way to wind down the evening.

Can’t wait to see Michael Phelps kick some Olympic-sized ass butt again tonight – trying to be censored for the young at heart 😉 Have a wonderful evening, everyone!

1 VeggieGirl August 10, 2008 at 7:44 pm

Hooray for productive days and for banana-bread toppings (which is GENIUS!! Love the idea!!)

Hehe, the ass censor is just too funny 😀

2 HangryPants August 10, 2008 at 8:07 pm

Laundry – I should get on that myself!

I love how you drink coffee cocoa! I used to do that at work with the Stevia machine all the time. :)

I’ll be watching Phelps, too. Have fun.

3 Megan August 10, 2008 at 8:08 pm

Which whey powder did you use in your oatmeal? I just started using Jay Robb’s vanilla in my oatmeal and like you, I love the texture and thickness it adds to the oats.

4 glidingcalm August 10, 2008 at 8:30 pm

hahaha YAAAAAAAAA tofu and carrots and PB! dinner of championsssss! HA! So glad you liked carrots and PB…it’s amazing, and my favorite- as if you didn’t know!

TAKE CARE JENN JENN! Have yourself some good Oly watching!

5 jenngirl August 10, 2008 at 9:38 pm

looove me some michael phelps! i really need to try the whipped cottage cheese-pb combo! sounds delish!

6 Rose August 10, 2008 at 9:47 pm

Yet another reason I should sign up for Wordpress… that is so random!

Your picture of that tofu looks so so good. Yum!

7 fitnessista August 10, 2008 at 10:44 pm

i would lOVE it if my computer made waffles… genius idea, my friend :)
pb and carrots is SO GOOD!!! i’m glad you tried it.. i’m totally addicted
protein powder in oatmeal is such a good combo- you’re totally right, you can hardly taste it, but it makes it more filling and nutritionally valuable :)
hope you’re having a great night!

8 Julz August 11, 2008 at 12:03 am

Oh my!!! Everything just looks yum yum yum!!! (That includes Michael Phelps, btw) 😉

9 Erin August 11, 2008 at 12:16 am

PB goes with everything, right?
That’s my fave TJ’s trail mix! Do you love those candies? They’re better than m & m’s in my opinion.
Have a great week Jenn!
P.S. That breakfast looks fantastic.

10 mi August 11, 2008 at 1:10 am

that is SO funny!! i adore the person who searched with those words!!

i love grape tomatoes :) i could honestly eat a whole box in one sitting. for me it’s better than regular grapes!

carrot & PB sounds good – they are two of my favourite things so i’m sure i would love it.

11 Heather August 11, 2008 at 1:10 am

Yum! The banana bread looked great! Especially on top of oatmeal (one of my top three foods). And I agree, it was so beautiful here today! Sunny, breezy, and just warm enough. This weekend has given us perfect summer weather!

12 Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) August 11, 2008 at 2:46 am

I love how you always put the green and purple grapes together. It just looks so pretty!

13 Clairedille August 11, 2008 at 5:09 am

Phelps and the boys did amazing tonight! Oh and did you see his body when he was getting all excited after they won the relay…just had to say it!

I need to start eating more carrots with peanut butter…looks super yummy (and crunch).

14 Erica August 11, 2008 at 5:57 am

What a healthy looking day! Good for you on all the good eats! That trail mix from TJs looks good!

15 Melissa August 11, 2008 at 8:11 am

that tofu looks delicious! and the cottage cheese/pb combo? not weird at all…i put pb in my YOGURT now…sooooo good!

and MICHAEL PHELPS ROCKS!!! i remember watching him swim in athens…sooo good and sooooo hot. LOL

16 Fit Bottomed Girl August 11, 2008 at 8:30 am

I love carrots in PB, too! I usually just dunk baby carrots in it and go to town!

17 Quinn August 11, 2008 at 8:43 am

Carrots and PB are such an unlikely treat!

And goat cheese on anything makes my mouth water!

18 Katie August 11, 2008 at 11:03 am

PB on a carrot? How interesting. I’ll have to give that one a try.

Men’s swimming was amazing last night – I am so glad I TiVo’d it for my dad because the race was incredible!

19 Jenn August 11, 2008 at 11:05 am

VeggieGirl ~ Haha, I’m glad you enjoyed it :)

HangryPants ~ I’m glad you like the Coffee Cocoa. You should definitely give it a try – it’s the only way I drink plain coffee!

Megan ~ Ah, I love Jay Robb’s protein powder, but I wanted to buy in bulk, so I went with the cheaper option and got Biochem. You can see what it looks like by clicking on my post here.

glidingcalm ~ I have more carrots that are sitting in my fridge and calling out to the PB :)

jenngirl ~ I love me some Michael Phelps, too! Bobby, if you’re reading, this is only in the sense that I like his TALENT :)

Rose ~ Definitely – Wordpress rocks my socks.

fitnessista ~ Yes, I think you’re one of the people who turned me on to the idea of protein oats, so thank you!!

Julz ~ Haha, of course :)

Erin ~ I love the candies! They are definitely better than M&M’s!!

mi ~ I love that person, too. They totally made my Sunday.

Heather ~ I love days without humidity! Today is like that, too :)

Foodie ~ Thank you!

Clairedille ~ I’m glad you said it, because I was definitely thinking it. Oh my.

Erica ~ Thanks!

Melissa ~ PB in yogurt sounds great! Haha and same here on Michael Phelps!

Fit Bottomed Girl ~ Good idea! Although I think I could finish the jar in one sitting if I did it that way 😉

Quinn ~ Yes, goat cheese is da bomb (ha, remember when it was cool to say that?!)

Katie ~ Men’s swimming was absolutely INCREDIBLE!! They were so ecstatic too, which made it even better.

20 Mark Salinas August 11, 2008 at 12:17 pm

Baby carrots…yum. Thanks for sharing!

21 Christie August 11, 2008 at 1:53 pm

whipped cottage cheese in one of my favs… it is so versatile i buy a tub every week!

22 oatmeal August 11, 2008 at 2:43 pm

Oh my–I would sell my soul for a waffle making computer!

I love looking at the search terms as well–makes me wonder what exactly was going through their minds when they decided to hit google!

Mmm choconana bread oatmeal–how decadent!

Grapes = most addicting and BEST summer food ever! Better than candy!

23 Fitzalan August 11, 2008 at 2:51 pm

Cindy and I have spent many a nights together battling it out through Exercise TV. I think if she didn’t have such amazing abs, I would quit half way though. But just seeing her abs keeps me pushing through thinking that if I do, then I’ll have a stomach like hers.

And don’t you love when weekend runs turn out perfect…so perfect you even run a little further. It is simply perfection.

24 Jenn August 11, 2008 at 3:32 pm

Mark ~ Ha, you’re welcome :)

Christie ~ Me too! It goes quickly!

Carmen ~ Haha, sell your soul? That’s impressive! And yes, grapes are SERIOUSLY addicting.

Fitzalan ~
I’m so glad to hear of another Cindy fan! I hope to have a stomach like hers someday, too :) And yes, perfect runs are simply perfection! Haha.

25 Shelley August 11, 2008 at 6:20 pm

Pick ME for the computer waffle first tryer outer! LOL I love all the pics of your meals. There are some great ideas. PB and carrot! Whoda thunk?

I would love it if you would pay me a visit Be Naturally Well and add your blog to the roll.

If you had some extra time to spare I just started a forum there and I am looking for participants to pop in a couple of times a day and answer questions in exchange for some exposure. Details on the site.

Many Blessings,

26 Jenn August 11, 2008 at 7:13 pm

Shelley ~ I will definitely check out your site. Thanks!

27 mangochild August 12, 2008 at 5:00 am

The banana bread just gets better! Now I have to make it so I can top my regular daily oatmeal with it :-)
So you use Biochem protein? I can’t seem to settle on one… is it vegan?

28 Jenn August 12, 2008 at 11:07 am

mangochild ~ Thanks! Yes, I use Biochem protein and love it. It’s not vegan because it’s whey protein, but if you want vegan options there are plenty of them out there: soy protein, rice protein, hemp protein, etc. Hope that helps!