5 New Things I Learned Today

by Jenn (eating bender) on August 18, 2008

As I look back on my Monday, there are 5 things that stand out the most.

1) It’s difficult to pronounce “Jenn” in a way for people to understand…

I know that Tina had something similar happen recently. It’s actually pretty common and I completely understand with all the noise going on in the restaurant. I just think it’s kinda cool! I could be anyone I want to be, really – maybe I should come up with a new nickname?? Any ideas?!

2) Orange and chocolate belong together. Seriously.

3) I am honestly in love with Honest Tea…honest!

4) Another reason to love this tea – the inspirational quotes underneath the cap! I’ve been saving the ones I like the most to share with all of you!

The one from William S. Borroughs is especially fitting considering my recent post on Zevia. I definitely agree with that one πŸ˜‰ And the other quote is true too!

5) Finally, I leave you with a serious dilemma I was forced to deal with today at work. If you see a bug squirming around on top of your things…what’s a girl to do?

Eat it, of course!!

Goodnight everyone :mrgreen:

1 chandra August 18, 2008 at 10:26 pm

I love it, Jenn!! And now I’m craving gummy worms. :)

2 Julz August 18, 2008 at 10:48 pm

I Love the Bends :)

3 Melissa August 18, 2008 at 11:01 pm

hahahaha…love the quotes! they’re sooooo right!

and i would eat the worm too.. >D

4 Erin August 18, 2008 at 11:39 pm

How come you don’t have any food crumbs stuck in your keyboard?

5 wholefoodswholeme August 19, 2008 at 1:55 am

i love the name jenn! i think that ever since i had a best friend in primary school called jennifer, i’ve adored the name and anything similar – jen, jenn, etc… so you really don’t need a new nickname πŸ˜‰

i LOVE that the caps have quotes!! those kind of small details really make my day. google search engine makes me so happy because whenever there’s a special day they create the google bit into a little arty display, and right now everyday it’s different in honour of the olympics which just makes me so happy!! haha i’m not exactly hard to please, am i?

6 Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) August 19, 2008 at 5:31 am

Mi ~ I love all the different arty displays on Google, too!

Jenn ~ Orange flavored chocolate is the best!!

7 Christie August 19, 2008 at 5:44 am

Gummy candies are my weakness I have gotten much better I use to just devour them if i was around… now I have self control haah

8 glidingcalm August 19, 2008 at 5:50 am

haha EAT THE BUG! good job.

9 Rose August 19, 2008 at 6:06 am

Love the new post – not only did I learn 5 new things that you learned, but I also learned a couple things about you. Very cool idea!

10 C August 19, 2008 at 6:54 am

I would have eaten that bug too!! :)

I have never tried the orange chocolate combo, I have always been a little skeered but I will give it a try now!

11 HangryPants August 19, 2008 at 7:16 am

Hahah. “Jenn” is not even a hard name! I am going to try those teas upon your recommendation.

12 VeggieGirl August 19, 2008 at 7:21 am

“Jean,” haha!! That made me laugh out loud πŸ˜€

Chocolate & orange = match made in heaven.

My dad loves Honest Tea as well :-)

Love those quotes!

Hehe, I totally forgot about gummy worms!! Nostalgia alert!!

13 Karla August 19, 2008 at 8:37 am

The quotes on the tea caps remind me of grown up laffy taffy jokes πŸ˜‰ But way better!

That gummy worm takes me back to dirt and worms (crushed oreos, pudding and gummy worms). Anyone else have that back in their kindergarten days?

Don’t worry, people always spell my name Carla too. It’s always good to be unpredictable!

14 jenngirl August 19, 2008 at 8:38 am

Love your five things! the name thing is soo true…as a “jenny” i’ve been called “jeannine” more times than i can count!

15 Karla August 19, 2008 at 8:40 am

So I just read your “about me” section…I had no idea you wanted to work for health and fitness publications. I am in school to do the same thing! Magazine journalism and health/human performance are my 2 majors. That is crazy!

16 Olga August 19, 2008 at 10:14 am

I was once at Panera Bread and they wrote my name down as ULGA instead of OLGA. I saved the receipt…I also wish I took a picture of the guy’s face who had to try to figure out how the hell to pronounce ULGA to give me my order.

Funny story about Honest Tea: my two silly friends were on the train the other day, “play fighting,” they decided to be obnoxious and “break up” with each other. This was like 3 a.m…there were three guys who could not stop laughing and when they were getting off, one of them gave my friend his card. He is the marketing director for Honest Tea! We’ve decided to hit up for as much free tea as we can. It’s so good!

17 Fit Bottomed Girls August 19, 2008 at 12:49 pm

Yes, you always eat it!

I hear ya on the Jenn name thing. One time this guy thought I said “Jim” or “Gem.” What girl is named Jim and what normal looking person goes my Gem? Do I look like a late 80s rocker?!

18 eatingbender August 19, 2008 at 1:45 pm

chandra ~ I could go for some more gummy worms right now, too!

Julz ~ Haha, love the Julz πŸ˜‰

Melissa ~ Haha, glad we’re in agreement!

Erin ~ I cleaned it up just for you!

wholefoodswholeme ~ Aw, I’m so glad you like my name! And I looove that Google feature, too!

Foodie ~ Yum! I want more chocolate!

Christie ~ Haha self-control is definitely important around candy for me!

glidingcalm ~ Yeeah! :)

Rose ~ Thank you!

C ~ Definitely give it a try!

HangryPants ~
Let me know what you think of the teas!

VeggieGirl ~ Glad I could bring back some memories, for ya πŸ˜‰

Karla ~ I LOOOOVE dirt pudding! That actually was one of our office theme parties this summer. It was awesome to make one again! And that’s so cool that you’re majoring in similar fields! We should swap stories sometime! What year are you?

jenngirl ~ Haha, Jeannine is a good one, too!

Olga ~ Hahaha, loved that story! And too cool about the Honest Tea guy! I am super jealous!

Fit Bottomed Girls ~ I’ve gotten Jim before, too! And Gem is just hilarious :)

19 fitnessista August 19, 2008 at 2:13 pm

awww i love gummi worms!!! only the red and white ones or red and orange ones though… i always pick them out of the bag :)

i never thought about jenn being hard for others to understand because i often have the same problem with my own name.. people call me tina all the time. ughhh

chocolate and orange totally belong together… if you’re out of peanut butter of course πŸ˜‰

hope you’re having a great day!

20 Karla August 19, 2008 at 3:19 pm

Jenn- We totally should swap stories! I am going into my fourth year, in what will take me 5 years πŸ˜‰ Those two majors are tripping up my “four year plan.” Hehe, that’s OK with me though, because then I have more time for internships! I’ve been hearing a bit about your job this summer, but I kind of jumped on the train a little late. Where are you working?

21 eatingbender August 19, 2008 at 7:27 pm

fitnessista ~ Haha I always pick certain gummy worms out too!!

Karla ~ That’s great! I’m currently going into my 4th year and will graduate next spring. This summer I’ve been working downtown at a PR firm to get a change of pace – and I really enjoy it. My dream jobs: working at a health/fitness magazine like Self or Shape OR doing PR/marketing for a health-minded company like Kashi, Whole Foods, etc. Hm…I hope they’re reading this comment :) What are you aiming for?

22 Karla August 19, 2008 at 9:16 pm

Wow, a PR firm sounds like a fun job…working for Kashi or Whole Foods would be AWESOME! Anyways, my dream job would be to work for a health/fitness magazine too–maybe Women’s Health? This school year, I’m working at Meredith Corp. (they do Better Homes and Gardens and a bunch of mostly womens magazines), so maybe that will get my foot in the door? I hear blogs are a great way to do that too, so you are ahead of me there :)

23 eatingbender August 19, 2008 at 9:58 pm

Karla ~ Women’s Health would be fabulous!! Congratulations on your job with Meredith Corp.!!! That is definitely a way to get your foot in the door – did you find that internship online? I know I’ve tried in the past to see if Shape and SELF have career sites, but it seems a little vague. What exactly are you doing for Meredith Corp.?

So exciting to talk about this with someone :)

24 Morgan August 20, 2008 at 10:40 am

The orange-dark chocolate combo is SO good! I also loooove pear-dark chocolate! Lindt makes it. Yum. :)

25 All Vegged Out August 20, 2008 at 11:38 am

Gummy worms are my favorite candy, ever! Especially the sour ones :) Gummy sharks are pretty good too.

Orange+Chocolate is heaven πŸ˜€

26 eatingbender August 21, 2008 at 5:18 pm

Morgan ~ Mmm, pear dark chocolate sounds AMAZING!!!

All Vegged Out ~ I LOVE sour gummy worms – especially the red and blue ones :)