One step at a time

by Jenn (eating bender) on September 12, 2008

Hola, everyone! I hope your Friday has been going well.

I wanted to let you all know that I am not trying to leave ya in the dark this week. I know I’m behind on the blog reading and the blog posting (since I consider myself an everyday blogger), and as a perfectionist, I want to make sure you all know that I know that :) Without getting into too many details, I’m going to share a little about what’s been going on.

I’ve been having some stomach issues lately. Nothing too serious, but this morning I went to the doctor and took one of the bigger steps toward figuring out what the problem is. I’m required to spend the day relaxing – I know, such a tough requirement! – and since I’m not feeling my best, I’m going to take today off from blogging and catch up on what’s been going on in YOUR lives, since I truly care about each and every one of you. And those of you readers who don’t have blogs…please know that I care about all of YOU, too! I especially want to welcome some of the new readers who have commented on my posts recently – I know this is a total downer of a post, but hopefully others can vouch that I’m usually not quite so mopey ;) In fact, I try to be quite the opposite – so bear with me, I’ll be back to normal soon!

Now seriously I want you to know that I’m not trying to get sympathy here! But since it’s my blog, I just wanted to share how I’m feeling and let you all know where I’m at. I’m hoping that all of this will be resolved soon! I’ve got a big weekend ahead – someone special whose name begins with “B” and ends with “obby” turns 22 tomorrow! – so I’m thinking that will cheer me up quite a bit!

For now, I leave you with a picture of Coffee Cocoa ;) But this one is special, as it describes how I’m feeling at the moment.

Thanks, as always, for stopping by eating bender. I will be posting again just as soon as I can – and I promise the tone will be much more upbeat next time, folks :mrgreen:

1 VeggieGirl September 12, 2008 at 3:46 pm

Have fun celebrating with Bobby!!

Gorgeous mug!! Haha, hang in there with the stress – I know how that feels, for sure.

Feel 100% better soon, my friend!! Rest up, and take care :-)

2 Fit Bottomed Girls September 12, 2008 at 3:57 pm

Take it easy and get better. Stress is no good!

Have a good weekend!!!

3 Toni Jo September 12, 2008 at 4:02 pm

Awww, I’m glad you’re being good to yourself! I hope you feel better soon!

4 Sarah September 12, 2008 at 4:12 pm

awww Jenn, I hope you feel better soon! Have a great time celebrating with Bobby (HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBY!!) and make sure your enjoy yourself and get in plenty of rest/relaxation before the school year starts up again!

5 Kristie September 12, 2008 at 4:38 pm

Ahh, resting and blog reading is the perfect way to spend a Friday. I wouldn’t call this a downer of a post at all, don’t worry. It features an adorable mug, that’s all you really need! I hope you figure out these stomach issues!

6 fitnessista September 12, 2008 at 4:50 pm

i have missed you DEARLY, but take your time until you feel better! we’ll still be here :D hope you get well soon and enjoy your weekend!

7 Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) September 12, 2008 at 4:51 pm

Haha, love that mug! Hope you feel better soon! Happy Early Birthday to Bobby!

8 Grounded Fitness September 12, 2008 at 4:58 pm

i hope you feel better :(

I feel bad when i dont read and comment, too. no worries- we all have to have lives, though, you know?

9 Aimee September 12, 2008 at 5:09 pm

I hope they figure out what is wrong. I have had stomach problems for years and had losts of tests, although all they can say it is is acid reflux and that food stays in my stomach longer than average, so I feel your pain. I still need to get tested to find out if I might have a sensitivity to wheat gluten (I guess this is something I don’t want to find out, so I have put it off:)

Have a great weekend Jenn and enjoy Bobby’s birthday!!

10 ChocolateCoveredVegan September 12, 2008 at 5:41 pm

Oh gosh, girl, I really really hope everything works out for you and you’re able to figure out what’s wrong so you can start to feel better!!!

P.S. Wasn’t the Maroon 5 concert AWESOME?!

11 Hil September 12, 2008 at 6:10 pm

Feel better Jenn!

12 Danielle September 12, 2008 at 7:30 pm

Tummy trouble and stress are not a good combo :( I really hope you’re feeling better soon!

13 Megan September 12, 2008 at 8:06 pm

Love the mug. I have had tummy troubles all my life. I hope that you figure yours out soon! It is definitely not fun!

I gave you a blog award! You can go to my blog to retrieve it!

14 hangrypants September 12, 2008 at 9:37 pm

Do not stress about blogging. Get your stomach issues all fixes and rest and relax.

Happy early Birthday to Bobby!

15 Rose September 12, 2008 at 10:07 pm

Oh my, I hope things get better! Definitely do not stress about it as that will only make it worse, I’m sure! We all understand how life goes.

I do hope you get your stomach issues resolved. I went through that about two years ago and was tested for just about everything in the book. I now have a list of “stay-away” foods (all things spicy, tomatoes, etc.) It’s really helped me, and I haven’t problems in a while. What I’m saying is – they will get to the bottom of this, and you will be feeling better in no time, I’m sure of it! And in the meantime, take a break and relax! I’ll speak for everyone when I say – I love your blog, and I’ll always come back to read!

16 Erin September 12, 2008 at 10:31 pm

Oh little pumpkin! I hope you find out soon what’s wrong!
Self-care is the most important care!

17 Nicole September 12, 2008 at 11:23 pm

Cute mug!!

18 Caroline September 12, 2008 at 11:52 pm

You’re so sweet for letting us all know about your personal life. Take all the time you need to feel better:)

19 Christie I September 13, 2008 at 5:42 am

I hope you are feeling better soon! I know how stomach issues can get a girl down, I have severe acid reflux that is only controlled by three pills a day :( I hope whatever your issue is that you and your docs can come up with a solution.

And thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, that night was my bottom and now I am in fighting mode. All of the postiive feedback I got from this wonderful community of bloggers really changed my view and I am so thankful for that. I appreciate all of your kind words.

20 jenngirl September 13, 2008 at 7:38 am

Jenn! I hope you feel better, and get everything figured out and cured :)

Happy Birthday to Bobby, have fun celebrating! And I will definitely vouch for the fact that you are NOT a “mopey” blogger, in fact you are definitely one of the most upbeat gals I “know.” Have a great weekend!

21 glidingcalm September 13, 2008 at 11:09 am

sorry about you tum tum mama! hope you feel better PRONTO!

and happy birfday to Bobby boy!

22 Leslie September 13, 2008 at 2:14 pm

feel better! and i am drinking from the same (almost) mug right now! mine says “I’m confused, wait, maybe i’m not!” which describes how i feel always! I saw one on Jenna’s blog, eatliverun, I think, and it said no coffee no worky! I love these mugs! so cute!

23 Karla September 13, 2008 at 4:36 pm

Feel better Jenn!

24 Leslie September 13, 2008 at 5:21 pm

I am such a dork! It was you who had that other mug!! haha Anywho, I saw this and thought of one of your past posts:

25 Erica September 13, 2008 at 7:10 pm

I hope you feel so much better! Enjoy the relaxing and have fun with Bobby! Happy Birthday Bobby!

26 Melissa S. September 13, 2008 at 7:52 pm

hey jenn. i hope you start to feel better soon! and that you figure out your tummy problem…im’ still working on mine too. :( be cured soon!

PS love the mug.

27 Christie September 14, 2008 at 5:51 am

Relaxing is the hardest thing to ALLOW yourself to do, but you desserve it and good job on taking the neccisary steps to check things out… weoften overlook things and it is just better to be sure that everything is ok.. Love the coffee cup and hope you feel better.. enjoy bobbys 22nd birthday

28 ttfn300 September 14, 2008 at 7:52 pm

hope you’re feeling better soon! and had a good time with the bday celebrations :)

29 lexi September 14, 2008 at 8:50 pm

hi jen! i really hope you feel better, but ive finally decided to get my lazy butt blogging….AGAIN! so i hope to leave comments and talk to you more, have a FABULOUS day!

30 eatingbender September 14, 2008 at 9:27 pm

To all ~ Thank you so much for your support and comforting words! You really made me smile on what would’ve been an otherwise very rough day – I really appreciate all of you!