It may have taken me an entire day, but it’s starting to feel as though I’m finally caught up in all my work and social responsibilities, which is good news for the busy weeks ahead. The holidays bring foodie fun in droves, but they also make you earn that free time – with final exams and projects! Luckily, I thoroughly enjoy my classes this quarter, so the work doesn’t feel like work. It’s good to be a nerd!
To jump start the first of several busy weeks, I tried a new breakfast combination on Monday morning. It was spectacular! I combined 1 cup of Nature’s Path Puffs with 1 cup of Kashi Go Lean, 1 tbsp. ground flax and 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
If you can believe it, I’ve actually never tried Kashi Go Lean before. I’m really glad I decided to buy a box because it’s way better than any other high fiber cereal out there (in my opinion). It has so many different textures and combined with the almond milk, took on a sweet taste that was out of this world good!
The fiber in the cereal plus the healthy fats in the flax and almond milk held me over all morning long. And when combined with a morning cup of Coffee Cocoa, breakfast doesn’t get much better.
The mug doesn’t lie!
Monday was one of those days where every meal included something new with a delicious result. Don’t you love days like those? For lunch, I made a “burger” out of an Arnold Sandwich Thin and a Boca Vegan Burger.
I spruced it up by adding in some spinach and topping the “burger” with reduced fat Mexican cheese. I also cut it in half to savor the flavor for longer.
Combining burgers of any kind with these sandwich thins is such a cool concept. They take on the role of your typical burger bun without overpowering the flavor of the meat.
I used some leftover spinach and cheese to make some microwaved egg whites on the side. It’s like a 2-minute omelette that requires no pan flipping – I love that!
And last but not least, I switched up my usual combination at Panera in favor of one of their seasonal salads – the Fuji Apple Chicken. This salad has a great list of ingredients – tomatoes, chicken, gorgonzola and apple chips with a sweet viniagrette.
I used to think that I hated gorgonzola/blue cheese, but after accidentally getting it on top of one too many salads, I started giving it a chance and now I think it’s great! It really adds an interesting flavor to any salad, no matter what the ingredients. With my salad, I had a cup of the Garden Vegetable soup, a hearty tomato-based treat that warms you from the inside out.
And last but not least, I have to call your attention to an absolutely wonderful nighttime treat. I’ve written in the past about the Island Way line of sorbets, but the coconut flavor is by far the star of their show.
Not only does it come in an actual coconut shell – perhaps the best part about this brand of sorbet! – it also has an alluring, tropical taste. Perhaps this fact is not necessarily timely considering the 30-40* temperatures we are currently experiencing, but it works for me 8) I’ll take any excuse to momentarily transport me somewhere warmer!
As mentioned in my previous post, I was recently tagged by Jenny from This Winding Road to join in on a “random facts” game. Check it out if you’re interested!
Link the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links.
Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
- I have a scar on my chin that I got when I was roughly two years old. The best part about it is that every time I meet someone new, it takes about a year for them to notice it and when they do, they always assume that something must have just happened and say, “Oh no! What happened to your chin?!” I get a good laugh out of telling them that I’ve had it since I was two and they just never noticed!
- As of this upcoming November 16, 2008, Bobby and I have been dating for 5 years. That’s half a decade! We started dating junior year of high school and are one of those annoying couples who ended up at the same college. And that in itself is a whole other story!
- I am double jointed in my left pinkie.
- If you include my wisdom teeth, I’ve had 12 teeth pulled! While most kids were getting money from the tooth fairy, my teeth would not come out! So I’ve had my fair share of laughing gas.
- My favorite candy of all time is Sour Patch Watermelons.
- I was born at 8:07 am in 1987 and weighed 8 lbs. 7 oz. No joke!
- My middle name is Lynn.
And now you know more than you ever probably wanted to know about me But it was fun! And I’m kind of late in the tagging game, so I’m going to leave the option open and encourage anyone who hasn’t been tagged and wants to share to consider themselves tagged by me!
Happy Tuesday, everyone!