I Will Live Here Someday

by Jenn (eating bender) on March 15, 2009

If I have a say, that post title is a fact, not just a wish. The more time I spend in glorious Arizona, the more I realize that it’s the place where I am happiest. Now, I’m sure that my family plays a big part in that sentiment, but as much as I love my Midwestern roots, there is something about the eternal sunshine and endless mountain ranges that makes the West special. So…I will live here someday!

I’m glad you all enjoyed my interview with Jen Perez and the EAS product reviews. Since that post, I’ve been enjoying every moment at home. I played some golf yesterday afternoon and am writing this current post after a trip to the pool. Sigh…I’m going to miss spring break when I graduate!

I woke up this morning to my brother pestering me to get out of bed. Gotta love him :) I made myself a cup of Coffee Cocoa in my favorite mug and lounged around for a while.

Eventually, I decided on a big yogurt mess for breakfast.

I used 1 cup of Trader Joe’s Greek yogurt (So creamy!!) and 1 cup of Kashi Go Lean. Then I topped the mess with heaping handfuls of blueberries and blackberries. They were super juicy and fresh. I definitely went back for more berries after finishing off this bowl!

After breakfast, I did a little blog work. I added the Humbecue Salmon Salad to the recipe page and did some other little preparations for next week. Then my bro and I headed to the pool for some R&R in the sunshine. The water was freeeeeezing, so we didn’t go in, but it was nice just the same. I brought a Coconut Creme Pie Larabar a la Brittany to snack on while we were there.

Like my friend in the background? 😉 He’s saying, “Holy yum!”

Once we got back from the pool, I made myself a nice lunch, which I’m snacking on now. I started off with a bowl of shrimp wonton soup (thanks, Costco!)

I also made myself a cracker + cheese platter with rice crackers and smoked gouda cheese. Mmm!

And, last but certainly not least, a new one for me!!

I finally picked up some Trader Joe’s Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels!! They are so so good :)

My brother is currently outside pulling weeds, but I think I’m going to go relieve him of duty and take him to the gym :) I will be back later with Papa Bender’s triumphant return!

Miles of smiles,

1 FoodsThatFit March 15, 2009 at 3:54 pm

I hear you lady about the mountains! There is something about being surrounded by them that makes me so happy!

I will be moving back out West this summer from the East coast and cannot wait. Enjoy your time there and do a hike in the mountains for me!

2 VeggieGirl March 15, 2009 at 3:56 pm

Please don’t move out to AZ – you’ll be too far away!! I know, I’m selfish, haha.

3 Sharon March 15, 2009 at 4:05 pm

Whoa, those pretzels?!! I WANT!!

4 Hangry Pants March 15, 2009 at 4:09 pm

I think I would love to live somewhere with natural beauty. Rhode Island is very pretty with the beaches and foliage, but New Jersey is grey and not pretty at all.

5 coco March 15, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Where is the family, where is the perfect place to live. I can’t agree more on that.
Costco’s shrimp wonton is great! I had once as sample and it was sooooo tasty!
Have great time!

6 Bec March 15, 2009 at 4:22 pm

Sounds like you have had a good start to your spring break :)

7 ksgoodeats March 15, 2009 at 4:24 pm

The Midwest actually has sun and some warmth today!! I know what you mean though about being able to picture yourself somewhere – there are just places that ‘fit’!

THOSE PRETZELS ARE SO GOOD! Yes I had to get that excited about them :) Oh and that Lara – no words! Simply fabulous!

I just wanted to thank you for your extremely kind words on my 100th post. I’ve been reading your blog for A LONG TIME (since it was started if I recall correctly) and to get such a sweet comment from you means a lot! I’m so disappointed my Chi-town plans fell through but HOPEFULLY we’ll be able to meet up some time soon!

8 eatingbirdfood March 15, 2009 at 4:49 pm

I hope you a lovely time with your family this week. Being home is always relaxing and enjoyable. I’m excited to see what Papa Bender will be creating.

I love your little friend with the coconut cream pie lara bar – he looks excited!

9 marafaye March 15, 2009 at 4:49 pm

I’m so beyond jealous of your warmth and sunshine, but it IS finally a bit warmer here!! Those pretzels are seriously addictive! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

10 eatingbirdfood March 15, 2009 at 4:50 pm

P.S. Did I just read that you went to the pool? I am so jealous!

11 lisaheartspizza March 15, 2009 at 4:57 pm

you are right, you will miss spring break after college(also fact). The west is beautiful, as are mountains and peanutbutter filled pretzels!

12 Rachel March 15, 2009 at 5:03 pm

Girl, I hear ya about the mountain ranges and sunshine! I hope you continue to have a wonderful time.

13 Summer Slim March 15, 2009 at 5:07 pm

those peanut butter pretzals are so amazing! i have trouble just eating a serving!

14 Erica March 15, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Yes! You must live in AZ if it makes you so happy. I’m telling you I pushed and pushed to get down to SC and it is so worth it. That shrimpy won ton soup looks amazing

15 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) March 15, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Glad you are enjoying home and are happy as can be! Gotta love little brothers =) Enjoy your night!

16 theskinnyplate March 15, 2009 at 5:30 pm

The Costco shrimp wontons looks delicious.

17 Pearl March 15, 2009 at 6:09 pm

don’t ya just LOOOOOVE costco? 😀
williams-sonoma, costco and kitchen appliance stores (big ones) are my weakness.

18 Heather Eats Almond Butter March 15, 2009 at 6:16 pm

I want to be in Arizona!!!! I am so jealous. Nashville was freezing and dreary all weekend. :( I need sunshine in my life.

I LOVE your Humbecue Salmon Salad. So simple, yet so good. I think I ate it at least twice last week. Thank for sharing this recipe with us.

Those berries – amazing. I am so excited that strawberries are coming into season. I am dying to make a huge bowl of strawberry blended grains, and I’ve got to try those PB filled pretzels. I forget to buy them every time I’m at TJ’s!

Can’t wait to see some Papa Bender action soon. :)

19 Rose March 15, 2009 at 6:18 pm

Aw, so glad you’re loving it so much in Arizona. Follow your heart, girl!

That cheese plate totally made me crave cheese in a serious way. I hope we have gouda. I’m thinking tapas dinner tonight.

Enjoy your spring break!

20 Maggie March 15, 2009 at 6:49 pm

I really wanna try those pretzels! I like AZ too – I’ve only been there once (I drove through it on my way out to cali) but for some reason I do want to live there for a little bit, even if it’s just a year or something :)

21 Marianne March 15, 2009 at 7:27 pm

I know what you mean about knowing that you WILL live back in the place that feels like home. I’m the same way, and will be moving back to my beloved Vancouver in 5 months 😀

Your shrimp wonton soup looks excellent. I wonder if Costco here sells anything like that.

22 *Andrea* March 15, 2009 at 8:13 pm

coconut lara bar = amazing!! miles of smiles makes me happy :)

23 carolinebee March 15, 2009 at 9:15 pm

west coast love yayya 😀 I’m glad u get to hang with your little bro- u guys are such a cute little pair!

24 Sara March 15, 2009 at 9:32 pm

I’m with you about AZ all the way! It just makes me so happy (Scottsdale, particularly). I went to Chicago a few days ago for work and thought it was old and ugly. The Western side of the country is definately my style. :)

25 erinbee March 15, 2009 at 9:40 pm

a. are you wearing flannel pjs in that coffee cocoa picture? haha.

b. ugh. the pool!? im stuck in the midwest indefinitately. save me.

c. those pb pretzels are good. but the chocolated covered ones.. !!!

26 Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) March 15, 2009 at 10:01 pm

I love cheese and crackers!

27 Kristie March 15, 2009 at 10:02 pm

Aww, I’m glad your back and loving your time with the fam jam! Home sweet home.

Berries Berries Berries! Fresh berries are the best. I always go back for more. I could eat a whole container at once and WOULD if I didn’t feel so greedy doing so. Other people in this house like berries too or so I’m told haha.

I’m excited for Papa Bender creations!

28 Caroline March 15, 2009 at 10:30 pm

Wow, I am so jealous of those fresh berries!!
Enjoy your time in AZ:)

29 jesslikesithot March 15, 2009 at 11:35 pm

those pb pretzels from TJ’s are to die for!! hahaha, so tasty!! I’m enjoying some chocolate covered almonds myself right now!!….totally relevant…..peanut butter –> nuts –> almonds –> CHOCOLATE! haha :)

30 Sarah March 15, 2009 at 11:39 pm

I’m so glad you are enjoying your time at home.

I think that little guy was really saying, “Huka pela ooga mow mow holy yum!” But you were close.

31 Sweet and Fit March 16, 2009 at 5:43 am

sounds like you had a great time with the fam – i’m loving your yogurt mess of a breakfast, sweet and high in protein =)

32 Denise March 16, 2009 at 6:11 am

I can’t bring TJ’s peanut butter filled pretzels into the house…way too tempting! I’ll eat the whole thing!

33 zestycook March 16, 2009 at 6:33 am

Your weather and pretzels makes me jealous!!!

34 Haleigh March 16, 2009 at 7:42 am

I love all of your coffee mugs!

35 Danielle March 16, 2009 at 8:04 am

So jealous of those peanut butter filled pretzels, we used to get them allt he time but haven’t seen them in any of my local stores anymore.
Enjoy the rest of you spring break!

36 Marian eats. The italian way March 16, 2009 at 8:41 am

Yay for west coast weather!!!! Glad your having such a wonderful time with your family! I’m wanting to snatch that coconut creme larabar right outta your hand! Yum!

37 Lara (Thinspired) March 16, 2009 at 9:04 am

I hear ya, there is just no place like home :) I’m been so out of the blogworld loop because I am enjoying it so much here. Your eats are lovely as usual my dear Jenn….hope you are continuing to enjoy yourself!!

38 Tina March 16, 2009 at 1:33 pm

I wish they still sold LÄRABARS here! I desperately want to try the coconut cream pie. I was checking amazon.com because I know they sell some food products and they do sell LÄRABARS but they don’t ship to my country! :(

By the way! I’m the same Tina that commented on your post above, the 1 year anniversary-post. I finally bit the bullet and started a food blog! Inspired by you, among others!