I pulled out the margarita bowl for today’s breakfast 😉
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 sliced banana
- 1 two-bite coconut macaroon (from Whole Foods)
- 30 or so blueberries
- 1 blogiversary candle (not edible!!)
The day is finally here! I can’t believe how fast time flies. It’s hard to believe that exactly one year ago today, I made the decision to start a food blog. The topic? Baby kiwi: ALMOST too cute to eat. After that initial post, I took a brief hiatus for my spring break trip to China, and came back with further appreciation for delicious food: China is delicious. It was then and there that I decided to share what I eat with whoever wanted to read about it. Some of you have asked me whether or not I regret making the decision to open myself up to the world in this way. I will admit that there have been moments along the way where I questioned what I was doing and felt like giving up. But I can also say with 100% confidence that I am so glad I never let myself give in to that temptation. I have no regrets.
Still, if someone had told me that one year later, I would not only still be blogging, but blogging as a member of a growing and loving community, I would have thought it sounded like a nice dream. At the risk of sounding terribly cheesy, it turned out that my dream came true! The response I’ve received from talking about my life and what I eat while living it has been overwhelmingly wonderful. I am grateful for every comment and email I have ever received, but most importantly, I want YOU to know that none of it would be possible without your support.
Thank You x 1,000,000
I am looking forward to another year filled with Coffee Cocoa, corny post titles and über lame jokes. Oh yeah, and perhaps some food and recipes somewhere in there as well 😉 I have this blog to thank for not only personal happiness, but also close friendships, a newfound appreciation for good food, and just an overall healthier, more balanced life.
With that in mind, I want to give something back to my readers. It took me a while to brainstorm the “perfect” giveaway because I wanted to be sure that it represented the blog. I came up with three keys for the prize:
- Something unique to Eating Bender
- Something useful that represents Eating Bender
- Something freakin’ delicious that has been featured on Eating Bender
Then suddenly, it clicked.
I decided to provide two chances to win in honor of a second year of blogging!
- Something unique to Eating Bender: Joyce Shelton coffee mugs!
- Something useful that represents Eating Bender: measuring spoons to dole out that “just right” amount of cocoa in your coffee and a silicone poaching cup for microwaved eggs!
- Something freakin’ delicious that has been featured on Eating Bender: Barney Butter!
I hope that you’re as excited as I was when I figured this out I was squealing very calm.
I’ve really enjoyed some of the trivia games (check out those links to two amazing blogs!) that have been going on in the blogosphere. So here’s the deal: one winner will be chosen from the comment section of this post, and one winner will be chosen via an Eating Bender Trivia contest.
- Leave a comment on this post telling me which mug is your favorite.
- If you have a blog, earn an extra entry by linking back to this post on your blog.
- If you don’t have a blog, earn an extra entry by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “No Blog Contest Entry”
- For a third chance to win that applies to everyone, search for the answers to the Eating Bender Trivia questions below, then send an email with the answers to email@example.com with the subject, “Trivia Answers”
Please email me your answers instead of leaving them in the comment section. That way, I’ll be able to compile them easier and no one can cheat off of you 😉 I’ll pick the winner of the “comment section” contest via a random number generator and will draw the winner of the “trivia” contest by throwing the names of the people who get all five questions right into a hat!
I wanted to make this fun, so all of the trivia questions are pretty easy and, if you don’t know the answer, are easily searchable. In fact, you may even see search terms highlighted in a unique way somewhere in this very post (hint, hint).
Eating Bender Trivia
- Who is the resident celebrity chef on the blog?
- What is my most intense fear?
- Where does the nickname “Bender” come from?
- What is one of my favorite eateries? Hint: I ate there many, many times in spring 2008.
- What was the first recipe I ever baked that was featured on The Lazy Chef page?
Happy searching The contest will end on Wednesday, March 18 at 8:00 pm PST. I will announce the winners either Wednesday night or Thursday morning!
Thanks for EVERYTHING. Here’s to another year!