**Thank you all so so much for your kind words about my 5k. It means even more to me that I am able to share those little “events” in my life with so many amazing people Your support means the world to me, and I truly appreciate every comment I received! I think Bobby will appreciate your comments, too 😉 You’re all very sweet**
I know the blogging schedule has been a little unpredictable lately. It’s likely going to have to stay that way for the rest of the school year – between finishing my classes (and doing well in them!), prepping for graduation and getting in the last necessary time with my college friends…you get the picture. I will post as many times per week as possible.
This week, I’ve been exploring the wonders of flax I know, old news – but usually, I stir flax directly into my oatmeal. I like the way it thickens the oats and makes them less soupy. Yesterday I decided to be lazy very experimental add 1/2 tbsp. to the oats and sprinkle another 1/2 tbsp. on top with a Barney Butter packet (my last one…). The nuttiness of the flax really complemented the almond butter, and keeping it all on top ensured I got a taste in every bite. Try it!
This salad was much more “raw” in terms of its greenery. In accordance with the rules:
- At least 1 cup of raw green leafy vegetables (I used 2 cups of spinach)
- At least 1 serving of 1 vegetable of a different color (I used 1 small red pepper)
- A source of protein (the Morningstar Black Bean Burger)
- Dressing is optional (I used a sprinkle of Goya)
- One serving of something else you’re feeling at the moment (1 tbsp. sliced almonds)
I thought I was going to need dressing, but that was before I took a bite out of the black bean burger. This was my first time trying these, and I have to say, I was VERY impressed. I think after nearly every bite I said, “Mmm!!” Honestly, there was so much flavor! I can’t wait to pair these burgers with a bun and some ketchup + mustard. Yum!
8 Things I’m Looking Forward To:
1. Going home this weekend!! YAY!!
2. Graduation (I go back and forth between excitement and anxiety!)
3. My summer-internship-hopefully-leading-to-full-time-job (I’m working in consumer PR!)
4. Living in a big city with Bobby
5. Getting into running
6. Having more time to cook, clean and be less of a “college slob” (might be wishful thinking)
7. The 6th Harry Potter movie!! (That’s for you, Sarah (seriously) and Sarah (sarcastically))
8. Swing dancing in the city with Bobby this summer (by the way, we are taking a swing class now!!)
8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Slept in
2. Did laundry
3. Ran to the grocery store and walked back with fresh food
4. Had my first black bean burger and can’t wait to make my own version
5. Went to a presentation about budgeting and finance after college
6. Went to my first swing dance class with Bobby (we liked it the most last quarter!)
7. Chatted with my family on Gchat video – I love that feature!
8. Attended my first-ever Senior Bar Night and had a Blue Moon – woohoo for trying new things!
8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Combine my love of writing with my love of nutrition (I’m working on it with this internship!)
2. Find a way to tie my friends up and keep them in Chicago after graduation (not in a creepy way)
3. Move to Arizona and play golf for the rest of my life
4. Be more of an organizational neat freak (I love reading Real Simple, but my room says otherwise)
5. Become a published author (with an audience!)
6. Stop the negative trash talk about myself for good (I have those days)
7. Travel the world and visit Paris (again), Australia, and Peru (to hike Machu Picchu)
8. Run a marathon (maybe someday!)
8 Shows I Watch:
1. Lost (my love!)
2. Desperate Housewives
3. Brothers & Sisters
4. 24 (nooo Tony!)
5. Gossip Girl
6. Grey’s Anatomy
7. Lipstick Jungle (please come back!)
8. The Office (well, Bobby and I are about to start season one!)
Ok, as for the tagging, I’m pretty sure I’m late on this and I’m not sure who has been tagged yet and who hasn’t, so if you feel like filling this out, consider this me tagging you 😉 Yeah, I cop out on these a lot.
That was fun, though! I like to think about random stuff like that. Thanks ladies for tagging me!
Almost hump day! Any big plans for the weekend? Imma goin’ home!
**EDITED TO ADD**
Make sure to check out Zesty’s Double Donation for a great cause!