Switching it Up

by Jenn (eating bender) on August 5, 2009

Thank you to all who provided feedback and questions for the Hungry Girl interview. I think it went well, and I will hopefully be getting the video sometime today to share with you. Some of you brought up some interesting points in the comments on my last post. I kept my interview with Lisa on friendly terms, but I hope that some of the questions address your concerns.

I thought I would switch things up today with a breakfast post! It’s been a while, am I right?

I’ve had some pretty rushed mornings lately, so this quick breakfast has pretty much been the standard: 1.5 servings each of Kashi Go Lean and Nature’s Path Puffs, 1.5 tbsp. ground flax and 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk. The extra half serving of each cereal really is key – otherwise, I end up with a growling stomach an hour later.

I also had a mug of Coffee Cocoa in my favorite mug of all time. Yes, these mugs have finally made their way to my apartment in Chicago!

It was glorious. While I was eating, I found out that Stephenie Meyer is being accused of plagiarism. What?! This shocked me. What are your thoughts? I know that personally, as someone who hopes to become a published author someday, it would be my worst nightmare to be accused of something like this – talk about defamatory. I hope they can get to the bottom of it and that her name can be cleared!

Contest Alert!

Some of you may remember that I recently started a new internship at a PR firm. One of the accounts I’m working on is the National Pork Board, and last week I found out more details about one of their current contests. Since the people I work with know about my blog, I thought it would be fun to post more details about the contest in case anyone reading is interested!

All you have to do to enter is visit TheOtherWhiteMeat.com and submit a short video that shows your best tip(s) for grilling pork. Three finalists will be selected and flown out to NYC – a guest can come, too – to participate in a live finale grill-off this October in front of Food Network star Guy Fieri! Guy and a panel of judges will then pick the official “Pork Personality.”

All finalists will get free accommodations and airfare for two nights, and the big winner will also get $5,000, a new Char-Broil grill and grilling accessories.

The contest details can be found here. As always, you can feel free to ask any questions in the comments section or send me an email at eatingbender@gmail.com.

1 Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) August 5, 2009 at 8:27 am

Yay, a breakfast post! How fun! I love those coffee mugs!

Cool contest! Thanks for letting us know about it!

2 Rose August 5, 2009 at 8:31 am

Girl, can I just say that I’m pretty sure you’re living the dream?

Let’s email sometime soon. Your life sounds fab, and I want to hear more about it :)

3 brandi August 5, 2009 at 8:32 am

i’m glad the interview went well! and can I just say that I would like your job? :)

i’ve missed the mugs!!!

4 VeggieGirl August 5, 2009 at 8:32 am

I love Hungry Girl!! Can’t wait to see the interview :-)

Plagiarism is a big deal – I hope the accusations are false!

5 Jess August 5, 2009 at 8:32 am

I can’t wait to see the HG interview. I like some of her stuff but so much is processed!

That breakfast looks so good and I love your coffee cup!

6 Erica August 5, 2009 at 8:46 am

Glad the interview went well! Yummy bfast- always nice to eat something with some staying power. Glad you’re enjoying the job- sounds like a very cool contest. And am even MORE glad that your awesome mugs made the trip to your new place- they are so cute. I love a big sturdy mug! Hope you have a nice Wednesday

7 Andee (Runtolive) August 5, 2009 at 8:54 am

Can’t wait for the Hungry Girl review! I would love to meet Guy, but I don’t do enough grilling on my own to really know of any tips

8 Rebeca August 5, 2009 at 9:01 am

Any post with Coffee Cocoa is a post for me :)

Man, I read that Stephanie Meyer interview and the similarities sound “suspicious” like they’re not totally unique to his site that she must have stolen the idea… seriously. I definitely hope it’s not true and she can resolve it quickly!

I can’t wait to see the HG interview… I think commenters brought up a lot of good points about her recipes and really want to see her response!

9 Sara August 5, 2009 at 9:09 am

Kashi Go Lean is one of my favorite cereals! I had some with fruit and yogurt today. :) Love your mug and I’m excited for your interview with Hungry Girl.

10 verbalriot August 5, 2009 at 9:37 am

I love that mug so much, every time I see it on your blog, I wish I was drinking out of it right now! :)

Your internship sounds amazing, so glad you get to combine your passions together in your work.

11 jenngirl August 5, 2009 at 9:41 am

I hate that for Stephanie Meyer! So horribly sad, I hope it gets cleared up.

Yum cereal, I agree, upping the portions is they key to satiety :)

12 justine August 5, 2009 at 9:48 am

I missed the interview. I will have to go back and check it out!! I love your mugs. So cute. I love seeing other peoples breakfast. Is that weird? haha

13 justine August 5, 2009 at 9:55 am

Oops guess you haven’t interviewed her yet. I cant wait to see it though!!

14 sarah August 5, 2009 at 10:09 am

That mug is awesome! So true.

15 gina (fitnessista) August 5, 2009 at 10:19 am

your internship sounds amazing and i can’t wait to see that interview!
interesting about stephanie meyer…. hopefully they get to the bottom of it- what a mess
delicious-looking bfast my friend! i have yet to try your famous coffee cocoa
enjoy your day!

16 Shelby August 5, 2009 at 11:19 am

Ahh, can’t wait for the interview!!!

I hope Stephenie gets her name cleared!!! That is such a harsh accusation!

17 Allison August 5, 2009 at 12:04 pm

I was just drinking out of the mug you sent me this morning! :)

18 Melissa S. August 5, 2009 at 12:22 pm

yay for breakfast!!!! can’t wait to see the interview!!!

19 MarathonVal August 5, 2009 at 12:29 pm

Coffee cocoa was my thing back in the day… I’m talking like, 10 or 11 years ago haha. I’m not sure why I ever got away with it, it tastes sooooo good! Where did you find the adorable coffee mug?

20 missyrayn August 5, 2009 at 12:41 pm

Your mug is awesome! I used to need some sort of caffeine to wake up and would have loved that mug.

Plagerism is a huge deal. I’ve never read her books but I hope that the rumors are false.

BTW I totally agree that the extra portion of cereal is key. I can’t eat just one portion or I starve before lunch.

21 lookingforserenity August 5, 2009 at 12:46 pm

I LOVE Kashi go lean :) yumm yum yum :)

22 Alison August 5, 2009 at 12:46 pm

The Meyer accusation is ridiculous – in fact, Meyer copyrighted her draft of “Forever Dawn” (the precursor to Breaking Dawn) before Scott did. Several websites have looked at Scott’s works and say the idea of plagiarism is a real, real stretch.

23 Rosey Rebecca August 5, 2009 at 12:47 pm

I love your mug!! I hope the interview goes well!!

I’m having an awesome giveaway on my blog if you want to check it out!!

24 buffmuffy August 5, 2009 at 1:00 pm

EEK that is awful that Stephanie is being accused of something like that :(

25 janetha August 5, 2009 at 1:46 pm

stoked for the interview and i love that mug!

26 luckytastebuds August 5, 2009 at 6:59 pm

ahhh I can’t wait to read all about the interview!! hahah You know what, the two of us eat the same breakfasts. hahaha I totally do the mix of kashi go lean with the puffs, because like you said, without the higher protein, my stomach is growling in NO time!!! Except I use soy milk instead of almond milk. 😛 So yummy!

27 Eat Chic August 5, 2009 at 7:42 pm

What a cute coffee mug! Being a college student myself (in Chicago no less!) I can relate to the need for caffeine!

28 indieconquers (Run Study Eat) August 5, 2009 at 8:23 pm

personally I can’t understand why anyone would want to claim Meyer’s work as their own! I really find her writing to be a typo-filled disgrace—and that is coming from another person who hopes to have her writing published one day.

29 broccolihut August 5, 2009 at 10:02 pm

Ooh! Can’t wait to hear all about the interview.
Loving the GoLean representation here–it’s STILL my fave cereal. I agree on having more than one serving of cereal. I always have to have at least 2 cups’ worth to keep me full.

30 Penny August 6, 2009 at 2:00 am

1. I love your coffe cup.

2. I had not heard about the claims against Stephenie Meyer. I followed the link, read the article, and I must say, it’s pure rubbish. Sounds to me like a writer is trying to cash in on her success by sueing her. Shame on him.
(I am fiercely protective of all things Edward.:-) )

31 Emily August 6, 2009 at 6:54 am

lovee kashi golean!!! and coffee is most definatly liquid gold!!

have a beautiful day!!!

32 Gina August 6, 2009 at 7:03 am

So I was looking up information about Greek yogurt, and I found your blog! Your post about Fage Greek yogurt was great, thanks for helping me answer some of my questions :)

Oh, I LOVE Guy form Food Network! How fun.

33 Mara @ What's For Dinner? August 6, 2009 at 7:41 am

Yeah, I’m with Rose on this one… your life right now sounds pretty awesome and I can’t WAIT to see you on Saturday!!!

34 Lizzy August 6, 2009 at 9:12 pm

Jenn! i’m a new reader and i love coming to your blog and reading what you have to say. I did want to ask. Where did you get your coffee mug? i absolutely adore it!