Greetings Thanks for the sweet comments about the wedding planning. I know some of you asked to see pictures of the dress. Although I can’t post them, I’d be happy to send them to you “offline” if you’re interested. Just let me know – I don’t want to throw ’em at you unless you’re actually curious!
The weekend is only 9 hours away! We’ve got plans to celebrate Bobby’s birthday. I can’t believe he’s turning 23. I know that to some of you that seems young and to some it is “older,” but to me it seems like just yesterday he was turning 22 and we were about to start our senior year of college. Now we’re both working people with no school to return to, classes to attend or homework to do. The time has gone by so fast that it makes me VERY grateful to have this blog, in order to go back and reflect!
Speaking of reflection, I’ve realized this week that we are roughly 1.5 weeks away from the official start of FALL!! Like many of my fellow bloggers, fall is my absolute favorite season. When you think about it, there is a lot to look forward to:
- Slightly cool (but not frigid) temperatures perfect for warming sweaters
- Beautiful leaves and environment – I need to get to the suburbs to see this!
- The chance to eat fall-ish foods – pumpkin oats, Thanksgiving dinner (technically!)
- GREAT holidays – Halloween, Thanksgiving, “The Christmas Season”
- Halloween candy…
And I’m sure more that I’m missing! The reason I bring this up is because I have found myself participating in a couple of these rather fall-ish activities this week. For example…
You Might Know Summer Is Ending IF…
And another? Well, alright…
2) You’ve been able to wear long sleeve sweaters on your walk to work and haven’t arrived sweating profusely. I loooove sweaters so much. In fact, I hope to check out Ann Taylor LOFT this weekend because they have some incredibly cute ones right now. Check ’em out!
3) You’ve been doing some fall holiday research for work, including writing some fun tweets! I love the social media component of my job! It allows me to get creative in 140 characters or less
4) Last but not least, I took some time recently to go back through my archives and see where I was at last year in terms of blogging about fall. Here are some of my favorite posts if you’re interested!
Choosing is as hard as a butternut squash! (The BSI!!)
I loved reading those! Especially the video with awkward Bobby JK, BK!
I’m looking forward to seeing what we can all come up with for this upcoming season. The holidays are a genuinely all-around happy time (and I don’t say that to be cheesy, I firmly believe it!) so I’m sure there will be a lot of great recipes and good times. Have a great weekend, everyone!