Good morning, everyone!
I received the clip of my interview with Dr. Kristi Funk yesterday. I’d like to give a big thank you to the people who work on Yoplait’s Save Lids to Save Lives program, who made this interview possible.
As I mentioned in my last post, I was only able to get to a few of the GREAT questions you asked because of the timing of the interview. If there is any question you still have after watching this video, please leave it in the comment section. I will combine them with those from my initial post on this topic to create a list of follow-up questions for Dr. Funk to answer.
The video is pretty long, but very informative. Don’t mind the fact that I was very nervous and did absolutely NO introduction! What a broadcast journalist major I am, right? 😉 Sheesh! I promise I tried to cut out the “ums” as the interview progressed…
Questions that will be addressed in the video:
- What age women should first start checking/getting checked for breast cancer?
- When should you perform self-exams to ensure you don’t mistake a gland for a lump?
- Is there a genetic connection that plays into early detection?
- Dr. Funk’s personal beliefs on lifestyle and diet and their role in prevention
- Are women with larger breasts more likely to “miss” the signs of cancer?
- Information on Dr. Funk’s Pink Lotus Breast Center (click link for even more info!)
The video is below (in case you can’t see it in Google Reader). I hope you enjoy it!
I’ll be back later with some foodie fun