Jer-y Good Chocolate

by Jenn (eating bender) on January 31, 2010

Happy February Eve! :) If you happen to know where January went, please send me an email.

I announced on Twitter this afternoon that baking banana bread is fast becoming a Sunday tradition. This statement is certainly not a complaint on my end. In fact, Nicole’s recipe has become such a mainstay around here that Bobby requests it every time he sees the slightest bruise on a banana :)

The more I follow this recipe exactly – today, for example, I added in the required 4 bananas instead of my usual 2 or 3 – the more delicious it gets. Four is definitely the magic number. This bread is so moist, so sweet, so temptingly mouthwatering that we just can’t get enough!

One of the best things about Bobby when it comes to food is that you can always tell when he thinks something tastes good. He will probably turn a shade redder and come after me for telling you this, but every time he tries something tasty, he lets out a huge “MmMmMmMmmm…” :mrgreen: I don’t even think he realizes it until he sees me laughing at him.

I’m definitely more than OK with this fun fact. It’s easy to tell when he likes something and when he doesn’t. This in turn makes me a better cook – even if I’m sensitive during the times where he thinks something could taste better ;) It’s a learning process and I’m glad to have a tester along for the ride.

***

Another delicious part of my Sunday was when I tried Jer’s Handmade Chocolates.

I received this delicious box – along with several other small samples – to try and review from the lovely people at Jer’s as a “just in time for Valentine’s day” option to share with all of you.

When I opened the box, I loved the message inside:

I love it :) According to Jer’s, they are the “heavenly combination of all-natural gourmet chocolate and peanut butter, the only all-natural, high-end peanut butter chocolate brand on the market.”

Given such a confident statement, I wonder how these chocolates stood up to the taste test?

As you can see from the photo above, they certainly look scrumptious! I decided to try out the “Pretzo Change-O” for the blog. What can I say? I take one for the team ;) This chocolate is described as “crunchy baked pretzel bits and pieces combined with our signature all-natural peanut butter center, then smothered in a selection of premium milk, dark or white chocolates.”

This chocolate was a little piece of bliss for a sweet + salty girl such as myself. It was perfectly smooth in the center with a bit of crunch on the outside. Like an upgraded Reese’s peanut butter cup.

The people over at Jer’s can definitely be my valentines. Sorry, Bobby! Other flavors include buttery toffee and caramel. Big thanks for the samples! You can order your own by clicking here.

***

Another week and the start of a shiny, brand new month is upon us! I’d love to hear how 2010 is going for you so far. Let me know: how have your goals or resolutions been progressing?

Abrazos,

1 Nicole January 31, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Okay, definitely making banana bread tomorrow! So glad you like the recipe!

2 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Love it!

3 verbalriot January 31, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Oh wow, that PB chocolate looks SO GOOD! I mean, it is a match made in heaven :)

4 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Could not agree more :) It doesn’t get better than PB + chocolate!

5 Mara @ What's For Dinner? January 31, 2010 at 9:05 pm

You get way cooler samples than I do… you get chocolate, I get flax. Hmm…

miss you :)

6 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 9:32 pm

But I loooove flax!

7 snackface January 31, 2010 at 9:51 pm

There couldn’t be a better day of eats, right? Banana bread and chocolate!?! FAAAB.

Hmmm, I didn’t make any resolutions! I have one big goal, though: get a job. That’s enough worrying right there! Haha.

Have a fantastic start to February, sweet cheeks!! xoxo

8 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Good luck with the job search! Let me know if you ever have any questions. Not that I’m an expert, but I’d love to help out a fellow bloggie!

9 Julie @SavvyEats January 31, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Mmm….those chocolates look AMAZING. Jer could be my Valentine, too ;)

10 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 9:37 pm

He can be both of ours, if said Jer actually exists ;)

11 bobbi January 31, 2010 at 10:51 pm

need to make this, this week!!!! YUMMY!

12 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 9:38 pm

Can’t wait to see it if you do!!

13 Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce January 31, 2010 at 11:24 pm

those chocolates look divine! i love banana bread, and you’re right, the more nanners the better!

14 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 9:38 pm

Agreed! The more the merrier definitely works in this case :)

15 Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) January 31, 2010 at 11:50 pm

Banana bread = banana cake :-) Love.

16 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 11:40 pm

Could not agree more with that statement :)

17 Jessica @ How Sweet February 1, 2010 at 5:47 am

Those chocolates look amazinggg!

18 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 11:41 pm

I am tempted to go get more as I type this to you!

19 Erica February 1, 2010 at 6:54 am

I love banana bread and I haven’t made a loaf in forever. You may have inspired me…I do need to stop at WFs later (maybe some bananas will find their way into my cart :)). Great chocoaltes- pretzels and chocolate are awesome together

20 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 11:42 pm

I would have loved to inspire you! I know how amazing you are at baking :)

21 eaternotarunner February 1, 2010 at 8:38 am

Any chocolate with pretzels is good in my book ;-)

22 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 11:42 pm

Agreed, friend!

23 Angela @ A Healthy Fit February 1, 2010 at 8:45 am

Oooh, that looks so good. The bread and the chocolate. Salty sweet is the best combo ever!

24 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 11:42 pm

Salty sweet is my all-time favorite anytime!

25 brandi February 1, 2010 at 9:23 am

those chocolates sound fantastic! How fun to review those :)

and now I want banana bread. I think there may be some on the menu today!

26 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 11:43 pm

I’m all for banana bread on the menu! It would go well with the carb fest that we both enjoy, no?

27 Jenny February 1, 2010 at 9:37 am

my sweet tooth is screaming right now!! banana bread sundays sound perfect :)

sending lots of love to you on this beautiful Monday! xo

28 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 11:43 pm

Lots o’ love right back atcha, name twin!

29 Kristie February 1, 2010 at 3:33 pm

February already… it’s crazy! I didn’t really set any goals in stone other than wanting to just enjoy this year, stress less and be happy. So far? It’s been pretty great!

Those chocolates look mouthwateringly amazing but I think the banana bread almost beats them out! I’m a sucker for home baked goods, especially in the form of banana bread. My mom made some last week and it was gone by the next morning haha. Mmmmmmm.

30 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 11:44 pm

I’m so glad to hear that, Kristie! Hope the rest of 2010 is just as great :)

31 Stephanie February 1, 2010 at 3:46 pm

I do the MMMM thing too…my boyfriend laughs at me about it.
I think tonight’s corn bread night for us.
BODA weight loss

32 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 11:44 pm

I’m pretty sure that corn bread is my next favorite :)

33 Tiffany February 1, 2010 at 5:49 pm

I have no idea where January went, either. Now that February has started, my semester is really starting to pick up and sometimes I’d like January back. That banana bread looks amazing, and I am bookmarking that recipe!

34 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 11:45 pm

Agreed! Let me know if you try the banana bread!

35 adrienmelaine February 1, 2010 at 7:21 pm

That looks like heaven- well, both of them do- jealous Canadian right here..

36 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 11:45 pm

Oooh, but there are so many Canadian goodies I’m jealous of, too :)

37 Brittany February 1, 2010 at 8:57 pm

Banana bread is most definitely the best quick bread on Earth. I love it!!

After seeing that photo of the Pretzo innards, Jer’s can be my Valentine too.

38 Jenn (eating bender) February 1, 2010 at 11:46 pm

Get in line, Britt! Jer is a popular fella :) I wonder if he’s up for speed dating. Ha – have I taken this too far?

39 MarathonVal February 1, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Oh my, I am such a sweet + salty girl myself and now I’m craving chocolatey, salty chocolate covered pretzels. Shame on you! Ooooo now I have the urge to veganize that though…. yum I think I have a new project for the week :)

Thank goodness January flew by (the closer we are to spring!!), let me know when the uber busy Miss Bender has time in her schedule for a meet up! Seriously though, let me know when YOU are free since I know you are working round the clock and my schedule is flexible. In the meantime have a great rest of the week!

40 jenngirl February 3, 2010 at 8:16 am

I cannot believe it is already February! Time is flying!

Mmm! haha that banana bread sounds good, and I love that “fun fact” about Bobby. Definitely going to come in handy ;)

“Signature all-natural peanut butter center”? I’m sold.