Guest Bender: Chocolate-Covered Katie

by Jenn (eating bender) on February 9, 2010

As I stare out my window – ready to seize the day at 7:00 a.m., of course – at the inches of snow piling up on Chicago streets, I can’t help but smile.

My readers are AMAZING!!

I just had to get that out there :) So glad you enjoyed Quinn’s post yesterday.

Today’s post is a bit more chocolate-covered. Katie takes the idea of creating something “delicious and nutritious” to a whole new level. I can’t wait to try these recipes!

Also, stay tuned for a chocolate-covered announcement at the end of this post! Just in time for a certain holiday coming up this weekend.

***

Chocolate-Covered Living

Hi to all the other readers of Jenn’s awesome bloggie!

My name is Katie, and I write a blog called Chocolate-Covered Katie.

A huge “thank you” to Jenn, whose health blog was one of the first I read and loved, for letting me do a guest post!

The aim of my blog is to show that good health and good taste can go hand-in-hand.

One shouldn’t have to choose between delicious and nutritious.

You can have your (chocolate!) cake and eat it too.

For example, there’s no need to choke down wheatgrass shots when you can get your green veggie servings from:

Decadent, chocolatey, melt-in-your-mouth Brownie Batter Pancakes.

(Above, Brownie Batter Pancakes with fresh strawberries and almond milk)

Or, why eat boring bran flakes when there’s just as much fiber in a decadent Chocolate Mudslide?

Steer clear of the mushy canned peas!

Instead, opt to get your veggie servings in the form of rich, creamy Chocolate Ice Cream.

And yes, it is possible to maintain a healthy diet and still eat Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough every single day!

Or, for that matter, Chocolate-Peanut Butter Sandwiches  :)

So put down the wheatgrass and nobody gets hurt!

After all, life’s more fun when it’s Chocolate-Covered.

:) :) :)

***

I’ll take one of everything! Thanks so much for sharing these great recipes with us, Katie.

**Chocolate-Covered Announcement**

If you’ve been reading for a while, it’s possible you may have heard me talk about the chocolate-covered wonder that is CCBerries. If not, no worries :) You can read more about my obsession by clicking here or here. The berries they use are incredibly fresh and the chocolate is 100% real.

The reason I’m telling you all of this is that the owner contacted me recently offering up a discount for Eating Bender readers – just in time for Valentine’s Day! These make a great gift whether it’s for your significant other, a good friend or a family member. Seriously – I ask for these by name from my mom on special occasions. They beat cake, pastries, etc. any day!

If you’re interested in getting some, all you have to do is enter “bender” as the discount code.  The coupon code must be added to the cart just after you press “Buy Now” in order for it to work — the space to enter it in is on the left hand side of the screen. You’ll get a 10% discount off of your order!

I’m not getting any freebies here – I just love these darn strawberries and was thrilled that the owner decided to offer this option for everyone! If you do order them, let me know what you think!

Here’s hoping you have a fun-filled, chocolate-covered day :)

Abrazos,

1 Mara @ What's For Dinner? February 9, 2010 at 8:21 am

Katie AND Bender in the same post?! *swoon* :) I’m going to get the courage up to try one of the raw baked goods soon… They always look so good!

Jenn, i’m SO looking forward to seeing you!

2 Heather February 9, 2010 at 8:48 am

Mmm those chocolate peanut butter sandwiches look amazing.. .not to mention the chocolate covered strawberries!!

3 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is February 9, 2010 at 8:49 am

Chocolate covered strawberries are one of my most favorite foods! We love them in my house, and many times my hubby surprises me with them. Maybe I should surprise him with them this time?? ;)

And Katie, you know I love allll your chocolate covered creations. :)

4 eaternotarunner February 9, 2010 at 10:57 am

Those strawberries do look amazing! I love all of katie’s creations…yum :-)

5 coconutjo February 9, 2010 at 11:46 am

I love all things chocolate! This post spoke to me :)

6 Skip (ccberries.com) February 9, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Hey Jenn, your family has ordered a lot of berries over the years… so the discount code is no problem (there sure a lot of orders for Friday delivery this year)

for a diet buster brownie http://blog.ccberries.com/2009/12/11/chocolate-marshmallow-brownies/ <<< i think these made my dad diabetic.. but he used to eat a tray a day.

for when to temper chocolate http://blog.ccberries.com/2009/08/23/when-to-temper/

and how to temper http://blog.ccberries.com/2009/08/22/how-to-temper-chocolate/

Good luck with the wedding contect (I voted)

Skip

7 Cassie February 9, 2010 at 2:54 pm

that raw cookie dough looks to die for! everything is better with some chocolate :)

8 ksgoodeats February 9, 2010 at 6:31 pm

I LOVE all of the CCK recipes! They look delicious!! Plus they’re so creative :)

Whenever I see chocolate covered strawberries I ALWAYS think of you (Jenn) and your love for that company!

9 Jenn (eating bender) February 10, 2010 at 7:41 am

Aw, that makes me so happy! Thanks, K :)

10 Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce February 10, 2010 at 12:02 am

i love both of you guys and your awesome blogs!!!

11 Ashley February 10, 2010 at 9:10 am

completely agree about those cookie dough bites… have been going through a good amount myself :)

12 Chocolate-Covered Katie February 10, 2010 at 9:19 am

13 Brittany February 10, 2010 at 9:28 am

I love all things chocolate covered- especially Miss Katie!

I agree with K- chocolate covered strawberries make me think of you!! I’d never had a cc strawberry until Isaac bought me one from Godiva for my V-day/B-day present one year. Let’s just say I feel in love. :)