That Post Where We Talk Wedding Details

by Jenn (eating bender) on August 29, 2010

I’m truly excited about this post. Ridiculously excited. [Insert adverb here] excited. As I mentioned earlier this week, I have been in Arizona since Wednesday knocking things off our wedding to-do list:

• Final dress fitting — CHECK!
  • Planning menu design — CHECK!
  • Finalizing wedding and reception music — CHECK!
  • Finalizing guest book — CHECK!

For those who asked, our wedding date is October 16, 2010 — less than 50 days away!

It has been a productive and relaxing time at home. Following the final dress fitting on Thursday, I debated and debated and debated with my Twitter friends about whether or not I should post a picture of me in my dress on any social media platform.

I am absolutely chomping at the bit to show you all because I love my dress so much. But I have decided it would be bad luck and that it is worth it to wait until October 16 for the big reveal. :)

Beyond the dress, there are a few other essential details that I can share with you! The first is our wedding invitations, which I am particularly proud of thanks to the handiwork of Mama Bender.

Korducki-Krenn Wedding Invitations

A few months ago, we made the decision to go DIY with the wedding invites. We found a wonderful store in Minnesota (where I am originally from) called Paper Depot that had quality papers in every color imaginable at a low price. After many hours of design and productive work (most of which, gratefully, were the creative sweat of my mom’s), we arrived at the final product.

Our wedding colors are eggplant and ivory. This wedding invitation is an eggplant purple, with a lighter purple and ivory seal on the outside, which my mom made gorgeous with rounded edges.

When you open up the envelope, all the contents are revealed!

[Note: Some details have been blurred for privacy reasons.]

On the left side is the announcement itself, which follows the same pattern as the seal on the outside, with an ivory backing and light purple main sheet – and rounded edges!

The right side is my favorite part. :mrgreen: Three sizes of note cards, all with a special message. They tuck into the side folder and line up with about 3/4 of an inch of text space each.

The messages are as follows:

1. All Roads Lead to Love: This card has directions and a map from the church to the reception venue and our house, where we are having a cocktail party on the eve of the wedding.
  2. Eat, Drink and Be Married: This card has specifics on the times and dates of the cocktail party, wedding ceremony and reception.
  3. Réspondez s’il vous plaît: The reply card!!

On both the envelope for the invitation and the reply card, we have personalized stamps featuring our engagement pictures. These can be made and bought off of

We made the reply into a postcard to save both on postage and paper – no envelope required!

Last but not least with the invitations is my pride and joy: the TIMELINE!!!

This was my major contribution. 😉 I created it in The Print Shop as an itinerary for guests. Since we have several locations for the wedding, reception and cocktail party, I wanted to make sure nobody was left out of the loop – but a little Clip Art made it more fun than a simple Word document.

You may also notice my note by the “dinner” box, which says, “Jenn suggests whipping out your camera to document the deliciousness.” Most of my family knows about my love of food photography!

Speaking of dinner…

Korducki-Krenn Wedding Menus

Around each table, we will have deep purple chargers – which my mom found at Target – ivory napkins and our DIY menus, which mimic the imagery of the invitations.

I got the idea for these menus from The Knot. In lieu of place cards for each person, we are providing them with table numbers. Once they arrive at their table, they will then find their names on what is called a “belly band,” which encircles the menu itself.

I’m salivating just thinking about the food. You can read more about dinner here: Wedding Menu.

I hope you enjoyed this glimpse into what I’ve been up to this past year! Since Bobby and I got engaged in May 2009, the entire planning process has felt like a wonderful blur. Time has flown by and we are now almost a month away from tying the knot. We would not have been able to do any of this without the help of my mom. She is amazing for so many reasons and I am truly grateful and doggone lucky to have her with me every step of the way. I love you, Mama Bender!

Much more to come. There are so many details to share!

I leave you with a thought and a question:

1. If you are planning a wedding and have a blog, leave a link in the comments with your wedding posts! I love to read about what other people are doing/have done.
  2. What are you up to this weekend? Hope you’ve been enjoying yourself!

1 BroccoliHut August 29, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Eee! Love the invitations, particularly the personalized stamps:)
No wedding for me, but I love reading about the planning process!

2 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 6:52 am

Thank you!! The stamps are definitely my favorite, too. :)

3 Hangry Pants August 29, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Dress: I’ll show you mine, if you show me yours. :)

4 Hangry Pants August 29, 2010 at 7:30 pm
5 VeggieGirl August 29, 2010 at 7:33 pm

Exciting, beautiful, special… GAH IT’S SO SOON!!! :)

6 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 6:58 am

7 Karla August 29, 2010 at 7:44 pm

AHH! I am SO excited for you Jenn!! And I have to tell you how lovely, classy and chic your invites are. The menus look fabulous too. You and your Mom should be so proud of your handiwork!

Totally random: I sat next to Bobby’s doppelganger at church today :) He goes to Fordham Law!

Super pumped to see you soon, my dear!

8 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 6:55 am

Thank you, miss! So funny about Bobby’s doppelganger. :) Can’t wait to see you!

9 Mary (A Merry Life) August 29, 2010 at 8:02 pm

I love this! How exciting! I really like the idea of the wedding timeline. I wish I had gotten that at other weddings I’ve been to!

And your stamps are too cute. Your wedding is going to be so amazing! :)

10 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 6:55 am

Thanks, Mary!! You rock :)

11 Erica August 29, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Everything is so beautiful and unique! I absolutely love love the invites! Eat, Drink, Be Married- what is cuter than that? AH!

Weekend was good. Pretty low key. On work travel now- booo

12 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 6:56 am

Thank you!! Oh, and…HAPPY BIRTHDAY again! :)

13 TorontoGirloutWest August 29, 2010 at 9:06 pm

I love how everything turned out!!!!

I’ll reveal my invites closer to the wedding. I love how they came out – we hired someone who gave us what we wanted to a T. Bamboo paper and all! :)

And we have a wedding website but it’s password protected. I’ll PM you the deets on Twitter!

14 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 6:57 am

Can’t wait to see them!! Would love to see your wedding website, too!! :)

15 MarathonVal August 29, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Oh my gosh Jenn, I LOVE all of the details but especially the invitations…. I can’t believe your mom made them by hand, they look spectacular!…. and I also love, love, love the deep purple chargers. It’s going to be stunning!!

16 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 6:58 am

Thank you, Val!!! I can’t wait to share more! I squeal with excitement at least once a day, haha! :)

17 nopial August 29, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Isn’t it spelled “Répondez s’il vous plaît”?

18 Jenn (eating bender) August 29, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Ha, tried to figure that out as we went and when you Google it, it comes up both ways. Since no one in my family speaks French, we couldn’t know for sure. I’m not too worried about it – it was more for fun than anything else. 😉

19 Melissa August 29, 2010 at 9:50 pm

tehehehe….your wedding is going to be BEAUTIFUL!!! and SO ARE YOU!!!! Not that you aren’t already of course. 😉

20 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 6:58 am

Thank you, lovely! :)

21 Marianne August 29, 2010 at 11:52 pm

Looks like everything is coming together! Can’t wait to see pics from the day, so we can see this amazing dress of yours. Oh, and the delicious food 😉

22 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 6:59 am

Thanks, Marianne!!

23 jassy August 30, 2010 at 1:47 am

i love the wedding invites!!! it’s creative…nice! :)

24 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 6:59 am

Thank you! :)

25 Jessica @ How Sweet August 30, 2010 at 4:35 am

Oh so exciting! Those invites are so cute!

26 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 6:59 am

Thanks, Jessica! :)

27 Lauren August 30, 2010 at 5:06 am

Oh wow, it’s getting so close! But you seem very prepared. The invites looks incredible! I love how they truly resemble your personality.
Good luck with the final weeks and remember to enjoy this time. As crazy as it is, you will never have a chance to be at this place in your life again.

28 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:00 am

Thanks, Lauren! You are so sweet and the reminder to enjoy this time is truly important. I appreciate it!

29 emily August 30, 2010 at 5:59 am

Jenn! Love the handmade invites…they are gorgeous! I love the right side with the pull-out cards. Best wishes for your wedding day! :-)

30 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:01 am

Thank you, Emily!!

31 Julie @SavvyEats August 30, 2010 at 6:13 am

Everything is so cute! A few weeks ago, I updated our wedding page with a bunch of our pictures and details:

32 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:02 am

Hurray for the Savvy Wedding! :) I love it!

33 cookeatburn August 30, 2010 at 6:30 am

Jenn, those invitations are INCREDIBLE! Seriously – they are so awesome! And then I saw the stamps… definitely the best wedding invites I have ever seen.

Also, did you know we share the same middle name? I don’t think I knew! :)

34 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:03 am

Thank you, Kristie!! That really means a lot. I did know about our middle names, only because I remember way back in the day that you used to comment as “Kristie Lynn!” Gotta love it…twin. 😉

35 Little Bookworm August 30, 2010 at 7:20 am

Everything looks beautiful! :)

36 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:03 am

Thank you!

37 Jenn August 30, 2010 at 7:49 am

I am in LOVE with your timeline! What a great idea :) So excited for you guys!

38 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:04 am

Thanks, Jenn!! Can’t wait to see you – will email you soon. :)

39 Shannon August 30, 2010 at 9:18 am

Loved reading this post!! you are going to have a very special day :)

40 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:04 am

Thank you, Miss Shannon!!!

41 Jess August 30, 2010 at 9:20 am

I think DIY wedding stuff is always so much more fun and personal than having someone else do it all for you. And I am obsessed with your stamps! Seriously what a cute idea!

42 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:04 am

Thanks, Jess!! I’m so glad you liked everything! :)

43 Natalie (The Sweets Life) August 30, 2010 at 1:17 pm

wow Jenn everything looks AMAZING and so professional! I can’t wait for the actual wedding posts (AND pics of that dress :))

44 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:05 am

Thank you, Natalie! I can’t wait for those posts, either. 😉

45 luckytastebuds August 30, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Jenn, what a fabulous job you guys have done with the invitations! You make wedding planning sound like such a breeze and so much fun….perhaps you’d have a career as a wedding planner!! :) hehehe The stamps are a beautiful touch – who would have thought of that?

This weekend I’ve moved in to Boston! Come visit me here girlie!! :)

46 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:07 am

Thank you, Michelle! Hearing from you made my day. :) I don’t know if I could plan all of this again, but it’s been fun while it lasted, haha! It’s my mom who deserves the credit!

Congrats on the move to Boston! We need to catch up soon…and I would love to come and visit!

47 Jessie (Bites and Pieces) August 30, 2010 at 1:49 pm

How exciting! I love the stamp idea, they are adorable!

48 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:07 am

Thank you, Jessie!

49 Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) August 30, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Oh wow, Jenn, your wedding will be here in no time!

Love the invitations! I love the messages/titles on all the notecards! So cute!

The eggplant and ivory color combo is beautiful!

Personalized stamps! How fun!

I love the timeline! It’s so fun and creative!

I love the color contrast between the deep purple chargers and the ivory napkins and menus!

The “belly band” around each menu makes it look really elegant!

I love all the attention to detail! You and Mama Bender did a great job!

50 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:17 am

Thanks, Foodie, for all of your thoughtful and kind comments about our wedding details! :)

51 Megan (Braise The Roof) August 30, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Those invitations are awesome! I’m very impressed that you guys put those together on your own. Congrats (50 days early)!

52 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:18 am

Thank you, Miss Megan! :) Hope you’re having a great week!

53 dianacheung August 30, 2010 at 6:36 pm

omg how fun!! Are any bloggers going to your wedding?

54 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:43 am

Yes, a couple!! :)

55 eatingbirdfood August 30, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Wow Jenn. The invites, the timeline, the menu – everything looks absolutely beautiful. I love that you and Mama Bender did the DYI projects. Hand crafted items are so special!

I’m very excited for you and Bobby!!!

56 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:25 am

Thank you, ma’am!! :)

57 Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) August 31, 2010 at 2:28 pm

How exciting, the big day is literally just around the corner! I love your invites and stuff, and the personalised stamps are so cute.

58 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:26 am

Thanks, Stacey!! :)

59 Katie @ Health for the Whole Self September 1, 2010 at 5:28 am

I’m pretty much obsessed with your invitations!!! They’re amazing!!!

60 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:33 am

Thank you, Katie!! :)

61 Vicky @ eat live spin September 1, 2010 at 3:43 pm

I actually got married this past weekend… the “to do” list is endless. Great invitations!

62 Vicky @ eat live spin September 1, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Side note… we actually rented a mansion for the weekend (shown on my blog). All of our friends stayed there with us for the weekend and we had the wedding reception at the mansion too. We had herb plants on all the tables for guests to take home and our meal was family style… it was seriously the best food I have eaten… we actually told the chef that we wanted the leftovers (which we had for dinner the past two nights). It was a fantastic weekend… just a warning: you will be exhausted for many days after the big event! I am STILL recovering!

63 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:33 am

Congrats on your wedding! What a wonderful idea for the entire day – and the food! So yummy! Good to know about the recovery – I will prepare myself. 😉

64 John September 1, 2010 at 8:01 pm

It’s been said before but everything looks great! I didn’t realize you could get personalized stamps. Cool extra feature. It’ll be great to see all the pics next month after following your journey so long!

65 Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2010 at 7:28 am

Thanks, John!

66 Erika September 2, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Your wedding will be a great one! I love the invites and the stamps are so cute – what a great idea! :-)

67 Rachael September 2, 2010 at 5:03 pm

One of my housemates is always proclaiming the punk credo – DIY for Life! Even away from the punk world, there’s something so satisfying about creating things for yourself – the invites look great!

68 Lindsay {Designer Wife} September 3, 2010 at 3:55 am

Awww, I love it all… but that Timeline is just AMAZING!!

Hubs and I also got married in October – it’s my favorite month!! I wish I would have kept a wedding blog… what I would give to go back and read some of my thoughts, lol.

Can’t wait to see the dress – so exciting!! Happy planning :)

69 Annelies September 3, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Hey fellow-getting-married-on-the-same-day-friend. It is coming up so soon. You are excited whereas I’m kinda stressed (and grateful for all the friends willing to lend a hand). October 16th, here we come! Last weekend was the bridal shower and this weekend is packing. Your invitations are lovely. Enjoy checking more things off your to-do list.

70 Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 3, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Congratulations!! That’s such exciting news! And it’s awesome it’s all coming together :)

71 tara September 3, 2010 at 7:46 pm

uh oh

the french part of the invitations is incorrect.
it should read repondez s’il vous plait, not reSpondez.
too bad!
thought you should know

72 CaSaundra September 4, 2010 at 7:45 am

Sounds like everything is coming together wonderfully–I cannot wait to see how it all plays out and comes together on the big day! :-)

73 Monique@She's Going The Distance September 5, 2010 at 10:23 pm

ooooh it’s so close!! :) Good luck with all the planning!!! Hope the AZ heat’s treating you well :) I’m still struggling in it and I’ve lived here almost two months now haha.

74 Jessie September 6, 2010 at 3:38 pm

What beautiful wedding invitation, Jenn! I’m so impressed with all the hard work you must have put into planning! I love your eggplant and ivory wedding colors, and of course I’m chomping at the bit myself to see your wedding dress 😉 So close!!

75 What Kate Ate September 6, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Love the DIY invites! No wedding yet!

76 Sweet and Fit September 8, 2010 at 9:52 pm

the invitations are beautiful! I remember when you first got engaged! I just got engaged a few weeks ago and am feeling really overwhelmed with what lies ahead!