Chez Bobby

by Jenn (eating bender) on March 20, 2011

My husband went crazy in the kitchen this weekend! I wish I could take full credit for the meals that follow, but the bulk of the chopping (which, let’s be honest, is often the most tedious part of the whole process) goes to Chez Bobby.

It all started last night…with a pizza party!

We picked up a whole wheat crust from Boboli after receiving coupons in the mail (thanks, Laurie).

When I was in middle school, Mama Bender used to pick up a few of the smaller-sized crusts at the grocery store every week. I remember how excited my friends were to come over to my house and make their own pizzas. It definitely made me feel like the “cool” friend! šŸ˜‰

I love making homemade pizza with Bobby (in fact, I was shocked to find that the last time we made it was May 16, 2010). It’s like a blank canvas. And since I happen to have snagged someone who is willing to chop veggies, we like to pile ours high with good taste!

It starts out deceivingly flat with the addition of tomato sauce.

Then starts to grow when you add the meat. This time around, we chose chicken sausage.

Once the veggies are ready, there’s no turning back. The pizza officially becomes monstrous! Last night, we went with spinach, tomato, yellow pepper, mushroom and onion.

Finally, we added mozzarella cheese. Extra for Bobby!

Bake at 450* for 8-10 minutes. We needed a little extra time because of all the ingredients!

Slice and serve. Bet you can’t stop at one piece. :)

Following our pizza feast, we went out to see The Lincoln Lawyer. Bobby and I both enjoyed it – not the movie of the year, but definitely entertaining. The book would probably be even better because some of the scenes seemed a little rushed and not detailed enough. That said, I was pleasantly surprised by Matthew McConaughey. I’m used to seeing him typecast in romantic comedies and this movie proved he can do well in other roles, too.

This morning, Chez Bobby returned to fix up a fancy breakfast.

Scrambled eggs with leftover spinach, mushroom and yellow pepper. Topped with Mexican cheese blend and salsa, then served up in a Flatout wrap (which I am very partial toward eating).

My contribution (after Bobby did the chopping) was the potatoes, which I cooked in rice wine vinegar and white wine and herb marinade.

This combination is our favorite Sunday morning breakfast. Served with Coffee Cocoa, of course.

Now I’m staring out the window into the rain. I suppose it’s fitting that the first day of Spring brings rain with it! At this point in the year, I will take that over snow any day.

How are you spending the first day of Spring?

Bobby and I are meeting up with Jill later in the day for a fun excursion on Michigan Avenue.

1 VeggieGirl March 20, 2011 at 11:17 am

Fabulous homemade pizza!

My first day of spring = spending it with Suave Slava and other friends outdoors and at a dinner outing.

2 lawfullyweddedwife March 20, 2011 at 11:18 am

Wow everything looks so good! You’re so lucky, my husband stays far far away from the kitchen unless he’s getting a snack!!!

3 Erica March 20, 2011 at 11:22 am

Wow! Great job Bobby!!! Who needs to go out to brunch when you’ve got a meal like that?? We’re actually spending the day taking care of Frank. He had some complications yesterday…Poor guy!

4 Lee March 20, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Love all those veggies on your pizza. When Jason and I do pizza, his side always has like triple the cheese too.

First day of spring was spent Half-Marathoning. And then sleeping.

5 Jess @JessCantCook March 20, 2011 at 4:24 pm

I spent the 1st day of spring buying a new vacuum and testing it out, so much fun šŸ˜›

You have to try making your own pizza dough, we did it friday night and grilled the pizza – it’s ridiculously good! And I promise it’s easy, if I can do it anyone can!

6 Jenn (eating bender) March 26, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I will definitely have to try making my own dough sometime. I think I’ve been scared it would turn out way wrong – it’s helpful to know that others have tried and made it through to the other side. :)

7 Jess March 20, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I used to love making our own pizzas at my house growing up. I miss it!
And I really want to see the Lincoln Lawyer, thanks for the review!

8 Jenn (eating bender) March 26, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Yeah! Hope you had a chance to see the movie – would love to hear what you thought!

9 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 20, 2011 at 6:16 pm

This is exactly what I would put on my own homemade pizza! :) I spent my first day of Spring enjoying the end of spring break. Back to the real world tomorrow!

10 BroccoliHut March 20, 2011 at 7:53 pm

What a beautiful pizza! You two can come make Seth and me some pizza anytime:)

11 Mom March 20, 2011 at 8:40 pm

The pizza looks yummy ….. especially the extra cheese…way to go Bobby! See I had my cooking moments, just few and far between :)

12 Jenn (eating bender) March 26, 2011 at 12:06 pm

You absolutely did. :)

13 Laurie Shulman March 21, 2011 at 9:10 am

Looks delish! Now I’m hungry!!

14 Cara (Twinthusiast) March 21, 2011 at 11:57 am

Go Bobby!! (I will forward this to Jim for tips on how to be a good husband…;)

15 Jenn (eating bender) March 26, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Haha, love it. :)

16 Jennifer @ keepitsimplefoods March 21, 2011 at 12:55 pm

LOVE make-at-home pizza night!

17 Kaits Pursuit of Health March 21, 2011 at 5:50 pm

You successfully made my mouth water with all those delicious looking foods. I miss making homemade pizza with my family!

18 Monique March 21, 2011 at 9:25 pm

What a thoughtful hubby :) And I reallllly want to start making some of those coffee cocoas soon. You keep posting about it and I honestly just need to do it on my own :)

19 Jenn (eating bender) March 26, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Ooh, please do – and let me know what you think!!!!! :)

20 CaSaundra March 22, 2011 at 8:49 am

Wow–it looks like bobby is on a roll for sure! Pizza parties are the best too–I agree :-)

21 Megan (Braise The Roof) March 22, 2011 at 10:39 am

I love homemade pizzas, too! Chicken sausage is a great idea on pizza- I don’t know why I haven’t put those two together before!

22 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 22, 2011 at 12:03 pm

I love that the last time you had homemade pizza was on my birthday! šŸ˜‰
That looks so good. I have been meaning to make pizza lately but Ive been so lazy. Our weather has been rainy and cloudy for days and days now and I heard we are supposed to get 10cm of snow tomorrow. :( The winter that never ends!

23 Jenn (eating bender) March 23, 2011 at 3:02 pm

This is DEFINITELY the winter that never ends. I can’t wait for warmer temperatures – and more sunshine! That would definitely up my motivation for many things. :)

24 carolinebee March 23, 2011 at 6:42 am

WOW rock on Bobby! I need to snag those Boboli crusts- i bought the raw dough at WF a while ago, and didn’t roll it out well enough, hha it was like…MAJOR thick crust, not in a good way! šŸ˜€

25 Jenn (eating bender) March 26, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Haha! That’s exactly what I’m afraid of with making my own crust! Maybe someday I will get up the courage. :)

26 Sami March 23, 2011 at 1:29 pm

I want my husband to be just like Bobby!

27 Jenn (eating bender) March 23, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I <3 this comment. :)

28 Grace @ Personal Trainer Chicago March 26, 2011 at 10:44 am

That pizza looks so delicious and nutritious at the same time because of the veggies which covered it. And those potatoes for the breakfast must be a hit! Thanks for sharing this. :)

29 Jenn (eating bender) March 26, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Thank you, Grace!

30 Laura @ prettylittlewords March 31, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Bahaha — who only eats one piece of pizza!!! I seriously have to keep myself from eating the whole thing šŸ˜€