The Best Birthday Card Ever {Video}

by Jenn (eating bender) on June 4, 2011

Happy weekend! Hope yours is off to a fun start.

Bobby is currently taking the Level II CFA exam, an event he has been preparing for diligently since February. I have no doubt that we will rock the test but if you could send some good luck vibes his way, I’m sure he would be very appreciative. :)

We’ll be celebrating with a delicious meal and, as I’m sure you could probably guess, a hearty bottle of wine once he is finished for the day. Until then, I wanted to share a video I’ve been meaning to post since my birthday, otherwise known as the best card ever (I may be biased).

Bobby went through three years of content on my blog to put together a photo slideshow of our lives. Yes, I was dumbfounded when I watched. I was incredibly impressed that he read every post, downloaded hundreds of pictures and put them all together. He’s a keeper!

The video is quite long, but it definitely serves as a time capsule of where this blog — and its writer — have been. There were events and photos that I didn’t even remember taking!

If you’re interested, you can check it out below. Minute 8:00 is particularly creative!

Kudos to my amazing husband. It truly was the best birthday card ever!

Hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable Saturday! What are your plans this weekend?

1 Joelen June 4, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Happy (Belated) Birthday! I love the video your husband made… so sweet! It was great seeing at the NRA show a few weekends ago. Let’s touchbase soon!

2 cbrady3 June 4, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Aww that video is so sweet and funny! It really is those thoughtful time consuming gifts that are the best.

And my brother is taking the CFA today also for the second time. It’s a KILLER test so I’m totally sending good vibes your way!

3 Jenn (eating bender) June 4, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Ooh! Good luck to your brother, too! After following along with the studying for the past 4+ months I agree — it’s killer. Especially all those formulas!

4 Erica June 4, 2011 at 1:55 pm

oh my gosh, how cute is he? I love how he even captured the “little things” like the little spoons, special baked goods, coffee cocoa (duh!) etc. And of course I love the family pictures, the big moments (gosh, I remember reading about your engagement, your wedding, the honeymoon (and the accident!)changing jobs). Too too cute! Love it! Wishing him the best of luck today ! And hope y’all celebrate it UP tonight! For me, this weekend=frozen yogurt, body step, pool time, date with the man, brunch with friends, little work around the house :)

5 Karla June 4, 2011 at 2:36 pm

WOWOW! What a keeper and what a fun birthday present/time capsule. Thanks for sharing, Jenn! Such a fun and accomplished lady you are πŸ˜‰

Solid, solid work Bobby and best of luck on your exam today!

6 Megan (Braise The Roof) June 5, 2011 at 1:37 am

You definitely have a keeper. :) Have a great weekend! Let’s catch up soon!

7 Sarah S. June 5, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Wow Bobby has talent :) I love the video, its super cute. My very favorite part about blogging is being able to go back and read through the archives and re-live great memories! You have definitely had a lot of great ones the past few years :)

8 MarathonVal June 5, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Aww what a sweetie. I hope I get to meet Bobby sometime soon!!! He seems like such a great guy, and what a good match for you. He must be SO incredibly proud of you and all of your amazing accomplishments!!

9 Mama Pea June 5, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I REALLY want some Coffee Cocoa right now…

10 Laura @ prettylittlewords June 6, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Haven’t been able to watch this yet, but I’m majorly impressed! What a sweet hubby! :)

11 Shannon June 7, 2011 at 7:14 am

cute :) hope the test goes well!!

12 Jill Felska June 7, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Hey truly outdid himself with this one! Love the video – such an amazing birthday surprise!

13 Jill Felska June 7, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Why is it that I can’t post a comment on your blog without a typo? I must just be waaaay too excited to say whatever it is I’m leaving every single time! πŸ˜‰

14 Jenn (eating bender) June 7, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Haha, I love it. :) Excitement is always a good thing!

15 So Very Domestic June 8, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Pizza is a hands down fave around here too. Yum!

16 Smore June 10, 2011 at 7:35 am

This is such an excellent idea for a card! So creative! I love it!

17 VeggieGirl June 15, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Haha, the coffee cocoa tribute is too cute! :)

18 glidingcalm June 24, 2011 at 3:12 pm

i totes want some coffee cocoa right now too!! and wow that musta taken foreveeeeeeer! bravo BKrenn!

19 Jenn (eating bender) June 26, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I told him he must have been crazy to read all those posts, haha! :)