Blueberry Bagel Breakfast

by Jenn (eating bender) on August 15, 2011

Yesterday a giraffe stuck his tongue out at me.

I’d call that the mark of a good weekend. :)

This morning, I followed up a good weekend with a delicious, “Welcome to Monday” breakfast.

I received these new Thomas’ Blueberry Bagel Thins as a free sample and couldn’t wait to try them.

I was already a fan of the original Bagel Thins, so a blueberry infusion seemed perfect for breakfast.

I decided to combine sweet with savory, so I whipped up a batch of scrambled eggs (two eggs, one egg white) and topped them with reduced-fat shredded Colby Jack cheese.

The end result was quite delicious, if I do say so myself! The blueberry thins taste like a real blueberry bagel would but are obviously much lighter and a perfect egg accompaniment. I look forward to trying them with almond butter and jam, as well.

Of course, no morning meal would be completely without a serving of Coffee Cocoa.

Busy week ahead! August may officially be half over (crazy), but it has proven to be more hectic than ever. Luckily there has been plenty of fun involved, such as the trip we took to the Lincoln Park Zoo yesterday for Bobby’s summer work outing.

It was my first time visiting and I was amazed by all of the animals they have – especially since the zoo provides free admission. Bobby and I both agreed that we will definitely be back to explore more.

Hope your weekend was equally fun and exciting! What was your favorite part?

Cheers to the start of another week!

1 Megan August 15, 2011 at 10:47 am

WHAT? It was your first time visiting?! Girl, you don’t hang out with me enough- I’m usually there once a week during the summer! :) Glad you had a fun weekend!

2 Jenn (eating bender) August 15, 2011 at 10:50 am

I know!! I’ve been living in the Chicago area for six years — pretty pathetic! I will definitely be back and would love to go with you sometime. :)

3 Erica August 15, 2011 at 12:45 pm

So fun!! I really want to try that bagel flavor- I’ve heard nothing but good things. Josh’s family was in town- the whole weekend was great!!

4 Jenn (eating bender) August 15, 2011 at 10:45 pm

You definitely need to give it a try – you’ll love it! Glad to hear you had such a great weekend! :)

5 Marianne August 15, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Blueberry with egg…very interesting. I’m all over the salty/sweet combinations, but I guess since I’m not an egg person I just can’t quite see how it would work.

My weekend was awesome because it was birthday weekend, and I went to Victoria to visit my friends. Much fun was had!

6 Jenn (eating bender) August 15, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I can definitely see why you’d be hesitant if you’re not an egg person. 😉 Glad to hear you had a great birthday weekend!!

7 BroccoliHut August 15, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Seth would LOVE to eat breakfast at your house–one of his favorite breakfasts is a blueberry bagel with eggs, cheese, & turkey bacon!

8 Jenn (eating bender) August 15, 2011 at 10:47 pm

You two are welcome to come over for breakfast anytime! I’ll make a tofu scramble as well. :)

9 withasideofhope August 16, 2011 at 7:23 am

What a fun day! :) Those blueberry bagel thins look amazing. I love blueberry bagels. They are my favorite!

10 Jenn (eating bender) August 16, 2011 at 11:18 pm

Thanks, Hope! They were delish!

11 jessgobananas August 16, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Those animals totally brightened up my day :)

12 Jenn (eating bender) August 16, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I am so glad to hear I/they could make your day brighter! :)

13 Janet Scragg August 16, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Aunt Marcia had an apartment across the street from Lincoln Park. Laura, David and I loved to take the train with Mom( Grandma) to Chicago to spend the weekend. The Zoo was a definite highlight!

14 Jenn (eating bender) August 16, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Great story! Thanks for sharing, Aunt Janet! :)

15 Kim Bee August 17, 2011 at 12:10 pm

New follower. Great blog you have here. Love this post. I haven’t been to the zoo in ages.

16 Paige @ Running Around Normal August 17, 2011 at 1:52 pm

That was your first time to the Chicago zoo? I love the pic of the giraffe:)
I’ve been wanting to try that flavor of the bagel thins. I finally jumped on board and tried my first ones (the cinnamon raisin flavor) and loved em!

17 jassy August 21, 2011 at 2:25 am

hey…why aren’t you attending this year’s HLS? :)

18 Brittnie (A Joy Renewed) August 21, 2011 at 6:27 am

I have been reading your blog for a while now but just now commenting! Anyways that breakfast looks really yummy. I like mixing savory with sweet sometimes. I have been looking for the blueberry bagel things in grocery stores near me but have yet to find them. Glad you had fun at the zoo!

19 Kate @ FittingintotheWindyCity September 17, 2011 at 11:33 am

i <3 the lincoln park zoo, especially it's free-ness. we run through there every so often for a change of scenery. especially love the photo booths in the monkey house!