Nieces Pieces: Uncle Bobby and Aunt Jenn Meet Claire

by Jenn (eating bender) on September 6, 2011

We had an amazing Labor Day weekend! How could you not with the chance to see this adorable face?

The nieces pieces travel continued with a visit to Kansas City to meet Claire, Adam and Susan’s new baby girl! We immensely enjoyed the chance to play, sing, walk, sleep, coo, smile and dine with her!

It was a big weekend for our niece. Not only was she visited by multiple aunts, uncles, grandmas, grandpas and cousins who love her, but it was also a weekend for celebrating her baptism, which took place on Sunday!

Bobby and I were so excited to be a part of the festivities. Claire was at peace throughout the whole process. Everyone was very proud — the proof was in mom and dad’s smiles.

We went back to Claire’s house for a family get together after the ceremony. There was an abundance of great food, including a delicious cake with her name written all over it!

Everyone wanted to take a turn holding the guest of honor, who was wearing a rather adorable cupcake shirt and miniskirt, if this aunt who gave it to her does say so herself. 😉

Even the nieces pieces from San Diego popped in to give their congratulatory wishes!

The entire family was so happy for Claire. She was all smiles, too. The mark of a truly great weekend!

We were sad to leave, but look forward to watching her grow and seeing her via video chat until we get to hang out in person again. Happy two month birthday, Claire! (Technically, she celebrated the two-month mark yesterday.) We’re incredibly lucky to have you in our lives.

Hope you all had exciting weekends! How did you celebrate the start of September?

We had quite the heat wave a few days ago, but fall temperatures are starting to roll in. On top of that, our Northwestern Wildcats were able to pull off a victory against Boston College on Saturday! My favorite season is off to a great start.

1 Megan (Braise The Roof) September 6, 2011 at 9:52 am

I am so tempted NOT to even comment because of that last remark. We were ROBBED, I tell you. But your nieces are cute so I had to comment anyway. 😉

2 Jenn (eating bender) September 6, 2011 at 10:06 am

Haha! We’ll have to agree to disagree on the first part, but I wholeheartedly agree with your last sentence. 😉 And I will also admit that I was on edge the entire game. My eyes were glued to the screen from start to finish!

3 Heather @ Get healthy with heather September 6, 2011 at 9:59 am

Awww babies are so cute! I got to see my nephew yesterday… While he’s no baby anymore he’s such a fun toddler!

4 Erica September 6, 2011 at 11:40 am

Soooooo cute! Love the outfit! Yall look like naturals

5 Cara (Twinthusiast) September 6, 2011 at 3:46 pm

So fun! Wish we could have been there! :)

6 Melissa @ TryingToHeal September 6, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Ah, you and Bobby are looking like such naturals with those little ones!!! Can we expect one for you guys personally!?!?!? Haha…I kid; maybe. 😉

Looks alike a great weekend!

7 withasideofhope September 7, 2011 at 6:59 am

Aww! Babies are so cute! You and Bobby look so cute! :) I love your dress!

8 kathleen @ the daily crumb September 8, 2011 at 11:51 am

congratulations, jenn! what a beautiful baby :)

my husband went to northwestern (and up until about 4 months ago we still lived in evanston!) and he is a nu football junkie. needless to say he was over the moon on saturday.

9 munchkrennland September 9, 2011 at 10:35 am

At least one team got a win on Saturday! arrgh. Needless to say, we loved seeing you guys!! Aunt Jenn is super fun (obviously). :)

10 GetSkinnyGoVegan September 9, 2011 at 1:11 pm

What a cutie (the baby) and of course you too!

11 glidingcalm September 12, 2011 at 12:20 am

she is so adorable!!!!! I love the pictures of you and Bobby with her as well!