Stranger Things Have Happened

by Jenn (eating bender) on February 4, 2012

Thank you all for the sweet comments on my February photo from yesterday. I am glad you also enjoyed Lauren’s guest post as much as I did. She is simply inspiring.

I’m currently in St. Louis with my family for the weekend – and I get to meet a certain cutie for the first time today – but had to stop by to share the next installment of #FebPhotoADay: stranger.

This “stranger” is incredible! She performed during the halftime show at the Northwestern basketball game and by the time she was finished, had the whole crowd on their feet. Her talent? Balancing on a unicycle well above the ground, for starters. Balancing one bowl on her head was also enough to amaze me – until she began flipping piles of bowls on top of the first one!

She started with one or two at a time, as in the picture above, but by the end had at least six or seven bowls piled all the way up her shin, which she would then toss with what looked like the greatest of ease into the growing collection of bowls on her head. Amazing.

I don’t know what it takes to develop a skill such as this one, but I can imagine that a lot of practice and strength are involved. I give her a lot of credit for not only tackling the physical requirements, but the mental ones as well. By the time you’ve nailed down the former, all it takes is the latter – in the form of intense concentration and believing in yourself 100% of the time – to be successful.

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend so far! What are you up to on your days off?

1 Erica February 4, 2012 at 11:34 am

Wow! Thats nuts. How does one start doing something like that???I got my hair done yesterday, working out & shopping today, dinner with friends tonight & super duper bowl tomorrow (go pats). Enjoy your time with the cutie

2 Jenn (eating bender) February 6, 2012 at 7:58 pm

That was my question exactly!! Sounds like you had a fun weekend. :)

3 Clare @ Fitting It All In February 4, 2012 at 4:23 pm

You’re in my hometown! Wish I were there to meet you.
Also, that girl travels to different college basketball games. She used to do half time at Notre Dame games all the time!!

4 Jenn (eating bender) February 6, 2012 at 7:59 pm

If we are ever there at the same time we will definitely have to meet up! And that’s awesome about the girl – she is truly talented!

5 skip @ ccberries chocolate strawberries February 4, 2012 at 9:05 pm

right now not too many days off (guess why..).. but in the off hours I’m designing several chocolate tempering machine kits for home use, one converts a Kitchenaid mixer into a chocolate tempering machine, a whole lot of parts coming from all over the world. Chinese technical manuals are even worse than the ones for general consumers.

6 Jenn (eating bender) February 6, 2012 at 7:59 pm

I can imagine things are busy where you are right now – good luck!!

7 Beth @ Running on Cloud Nine February 6, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Both babies are super cute – Morgan and the Dutch Baby!

8 Jenn (eating bender) February 6, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Ha! Agreed – thank you, Beth! :)