Refresh + Fly

by Jenn (eating bender) on February 21, 2012

It’s hard to say goodbye when a sidewalk of palm trees is begging you not to go.

Granted, I know palm trees are not native to Arizona, but through sheer willpower heavy machinery they made it there and like them, I was tempted to stay rooted to the spot.

I even tried to think like a plant by drinking this Cucumber Refresher from True Food Kitchen.

Well, not really, but it was delicious! We stopped at the restaurant again for lunch after enjoying it so much last week. The Cucumber Refresher was made with cucumber – surprise! – and honey lemonade. I definitely hope to recreate it at home sometime.

Though it’s always sad to leave my family and the warmth of Arizona, I was happy to return to Chicago and see the smiling face of the guy featured in the majority of these photos. :mrgreen:

Today’s #FebPhotoADay is “a favorite photo of you.” I chose a photo of photos! This canvas was created by Mama Bender and features a collage of shots from our wedding. There is a replica of it here in Chicago. A favorite, indeed.

Hope your week is off to a great start! What’s new on your end for the last week in February?

Can’t believe March is around the corner!

1 Chicalogy February 21, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Your pictures are amazing and I love the joy that your blog brings! Although Arizona looks beautiful, Chicago is happy to have you back!

2 Jenn (eating bender) February 21, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Thank you so much for the sweet comment! I’m looking forward to checking out your blog! :)

3 Erica February 22, 2012 at 4:43 am

Always good to be back with the man! That cucumber drink sounds fabulous! Nothing too new and exciting going on here!!

4 Jenn (eating bender) February 22, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Always a good thing, for sure!

5 Melissa @TryingtoHeal February 22, 2012 at 8:33 am

Omg, cucumber water is my favorite and I know I’m going to be making it constantly this summer with all my work out in the desert! I seriously love the stuff…same with lemon infused water. so freak’n easy to do at home!

And i love those palm trees in AZ! Idk if you’re going to be visiting at all this spring, early summer but I’ll only be living about 3 hours away so I think we should visit!!!

6 Jenn (eating bender) February 22, 2012 at 8:31 pm

I need to make fruit-infused waters more often. It would hopefully inspire me to drink more water, which I also need to do! :) I will absolutely be visiting in spring/summer, so next time I will definitely let you know and we can make something happen!

7 Megan (Braise The Roof) February 22, 2012 at 9:28 am

I can’t believe it’s almost March, either! I love the collage that your mom made- so classic and beautiful. Hope you’re having safe travels back to Chi!

8 Jenn (eating bender) February 22, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Time goes by way too fast – and thank you! :)

9 BroccoliHut February 22, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Love that collage! Such a great way of displaying the photos.
My last week of February will be tests + Eating Disorder Awareness Week events. Then it’s spring break for me!

10 Jenn (eating bender) February 22, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Sounds like a great week ahead! And I am insanely jealous of your spring break! :)

11 Katie Martin March 29, 2012 at 2:52 pm

It can be hard to be so far from the rest of your family, even when your new life you’ve made for yourself is going so well. I can definitely understand your struggle with only getting to visit for a little while and then not wanting to leave. That cucumber drink looks really yummy though- very refreshing and light. Once the weather starts warming up I’ll have to figure out a way to make it myself.
Also, your photo collage is so beautiful. It looks like you had a very lovely wedding indeed. Whose idea was it to make a collage of the pictures?
Katie Martin recently posted..Seattle Times: In Person: Andrew Stout plows new ground with Full Circle FarmMy Profile