My First Foray Into Restaurant Week {Poll}

by Jenn (eating bender) on February 24, 2012

I need your help.

Tonight is the first time I will ever be participating in Chicago’s Restaurant Week. It’s been a long time coming, and our restaurant of choice is Japonais, which touts itself as contemporary Japanese cuisine and sushi. I’m thrilled.

But I need your help.

The pre-fixe menu has a lot of great options, and I’d love for you to help me choose what to order.

If you could pick one shared appetizer…

one shared entrée…

and one dessert course…

…what would you choose for each?

Here are the polls:

I can’t wait to share pictures and details from the meal. I have a feeling it will be delicious!

Today’s #FebPhotoADay takes a look inside my bathroom cabinet.

It’s easily the most organized area of our apartment, thanks in part to the baskets and containers I picked up from Target when we first moved in. As a side note, I also just noticed that the first perfume bottle is Tommy Girl circa high school, and I honestly can’t remember the last time I used it. Not really sure why it gets to make the foreground. I’m a With Love…Hilary Duff girl, myself.

Do perfumes expire? More importantly, what is your favorite perfume/scent to wear?

I’m not kidding about Hilary being my favorite, but I also love scented lotion. My current favorite is the Limited Edition Blueberry Body Butter from The Body Shop. You can see it peeking out of the top in the pink basket. With Love… is in front of it. :)

Happy Friday!

1 Mellissa February 24, 2012 at 9:46 am

Perfumes typically last a year or two before they start to change how they smell and look. I would toss that Tommy Girl 😉 I really like to wear a different perfume everyday, in my current rotation: DKNY Golden Delicious, Versace Bright Crystal, Gucci Guilty, Escada Tuscan Sunset.

2 Jenn (eating bender) February 24, 2012 at 9:50 am

Haha – I literally just tossed it. 😉 RIP, Tommy Girl. I have DKNY Golden Delicious, too! I haven’t tried those others before, but perhaps I’m due for a date with a department store (and coffee grounds). Thanks, Mellissa!

3 Mellissa February 24, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Adding that Sephora has a sampler that you can buy with 7 or 8 mini samples and then you trade in your certificate for one full bottle of your favorite. This is how I always buy perfume now.

4 Jenn (eating bender) February 26, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Ooh – this is a fantastic tip. Thank you!!

5 Anneliese February 24, 2012 at 9:59 am

I LOVE Abercrombie 8. I’ve been wearing it since sometime in high school–almost 10 years now! Every once in awhile I look for a new fragrance, but always return to my first love.

6 Jenn (eating bender) February 26, 2012 at 11:02 pm

That’s awesome! I’m like that with a lot of the products I use, too. Every time I try something else I always end up back where I started! :)

7 Cara (Twinthusiast) February 24, 2012 at 11:02 am

Tommy Girl – hilarious! You’re probably too young to remember Sunflowers, but that was pretty big when I was in junior high. I actually hate wearing perfume (migraine-inducing for me) but love J.R. Watkins Natural Lavender Lotion for a hint of scent. Have fun at your fancy pants dinner!

8 Jenn (eating bender) February 26, 2012 at 10:58 pm

I am going to have to see what Sunflowers is all about. 😉 I’m also not familiar with that lotion brand. Where do you buy it?

9 Cara (Twinthusiast) February 27, 2012 at 8:40 am

You can buy it at Rite Aid or Target :)

10 Megan (Braise The Roof) February 24, 2012 at 11:34 am

Ok, so Japonais. I’ve been there a few times, so here’s my advice: skip the sushi. It’s not bad by any means, but I don’t think it’s their forte. They DO do seafood incredibly well, though, so take advantage if you’re in a fish mood! Of course, get whatever you think looks good, just my two cents. :)

11 Jenn (eating bender) February 24, 2012 at 11:41 am

That’s great advice because I likely would have been tempted toward the sushi without a second thought! If it’s not their forte then I will definitely be looking closer at the other options. Thank you! :)

12 Erica February 24, 2012 at 12:59 pm

13 Jenn (eating bender) February 26, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Haha – noted! :)

14 BroccoliHut February 24, 2012 at 7:59 pm

I really love my Lilly Pulitzer fragrances. I’ll admit that I was initially drawn to them for their pretty packaging, but they smell so nice too!

15 Jenn (eating bender) February 26, 2012 at 10:56 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever smelled a Lilly Pulitzer fragrance – I’m going to have to look next time! Are they sold anywhere in particular?

16 Christina February 28, 2012 at 10:03 am

I use to have Tommy Girl .. and the Tommy Girl Shimmer one too… Gap Blue mist spray and Sunflowers add to that list as well. I don’t know what it is about holding on to old perfumes… maybe just the time it represents… I know the latter two had connections to when I was younger I had an older friend who I wanted to be just like her… and she wore Sunflowers and I bought Gap Blue when shopping with her… oh! ambitions of youth!
I have DKNY Be Delicious but rarely wear it anymore.. still love it.

I alternate between Twirl by Kate Spade and I Fancy You by Jessica Simpson.

I promise I’m not a fragrance addict lol I struggle with wanting to find my ONE signature fragrance.

— formerly Heels and Meals ..(yeah, I decided for the change lol)

17 Jenn (eating bender) February 28, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I think you are spot on about the nostalgia! I still remember when an older girl I was “lucky enough” to hang out with bought this specific lip gloss from L’Oreal. Needless to say I absolutely had to have it the next time my mom and I were at the store! Thanks for your fragrance suggestions. They sound great! Congrats again on the name change. :)