Spring Forward

by Jenn (eating bender) on March 11, 2012

Losing an hour is never fun when there already isn’t enough time in the day. But an extra hour of light during the evening was pretty fantastic, so I’m not complaining (too much). :)

We’ve had a busy weekend that included a wonderful trip to visit my Dzia Dzia (grandpa) in Milwaukee, along with two aunts, uncles and cousins. Top that off with some freelance work and plenty of updates to this here blog, and 47 hours flew by fast.

Below are this week’s #MarchPhotoADay results. I left out the goofy grin from March 5 because I figured you got enough of that one already. The rest of the challenges were:

• 5pm
  • Something you wore
  • Window
  • Red
  • Loud
  • Someone you talked to

March 6: At 5:00 p.m., I stopped and read a book. Unfortunately the pages faded a bit…

March 7: Fruit cocktail blush, $2.00 flats and inspirational sweatpants were “somethings I wore.”

March 8: This tiny “window” allows me to see who is at the door. :)

March 9: Very timely. Saying goodbye to my familiar “red” and hello to new possibilities!

March 10: Extremely “loud” but incredibly worth it. The Vita-Mix making a reappearance for March! This smoothie was made with orange juice, banana, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries and a scoop of Jay Robb tropical protein powder. Yum!

March 11: My Dzia Dzia is “someone I talked to” up in Milwaukee! This is him with my grandma before they were married. Stunning couple, no? I love my grandma’s dress.

I also joined a site called Instagrid, which is awesome because it allows you to create a profile and automatically loads all the pictures you take via Instagram in real time.

What was a highlight from your weekend?

Mine was seeing extended family. It’s always fun to get together and hear about what’s new while also sharing memories from the past. I found out that my cousin Natalie is also writing a historical fiction novel (she’s in sixth grade, which makes it even cooler). I also found out some funny stories about Papa Bender that may come in handy someday. 😉

1 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 11, 2012 at 10:40 pm

My highlight was definitely getting a massage and drinking mimosas with one of my best friends. :)

2 Jenn (eating bender) March 12, 2012 at 9:43 pm

I cannot think of a better way to spend a weekend! :)

3 Alyse March 12, 2012 at 1:36 am

The site looks great! Congrats on your redesign :) I love that photo of the book. What in the world is that? A sculpture?

4 Jenn (eating bender) March 12, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Thank you, Alyse! Yes, it’s a copper structure that turned green like copper likes to do, haha. They have them sprinkled all over a bridge in the South Loop of Chicago. There are books, animals…you name it!

5 Jen @nutcaseinpoint March 12, 2012 at 8:28 am

Got a new desk slash a-crapload-of-other-stuff! My wallet hurts a bit, but I’m happy!

6 Jenn (eating bender) March 12, 2012 at 9:45 pm

I love that wallet-hurts-but-I’m-happy feeling. And new desks! Where’d you get it?

7 Jen @nutcaseinpoint March 13, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Well, mine is new-to-me. It’s my boyfriend’s old one that he BARELY used. Of course, he wanted to upgrade so he can properly set up all this gadgets and other technology-looking-things.
Jen @nutcaseinpoint recently posted..Le woof!My Profile

8 Christina March 12, 2012 at 8:50 am

I LOVE the new design for your site!! Even the font.. I love changing fonts… makes a difference to the tone of how its read, if that makes sense.

Highlight from the weekend: staying up til 3am playing a computer game with my hubby… not so much a highlight: making myself go to bed at a “regular” time last night when I was not sleepy (because of the 3am venture the night before)

Glad you had fun with your family this weekend! And how awesome that your cousin is writing a historical fiction novel.. one of my favorite genres!

9 Jenn (eating bender) March 12, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Thank you, Christina! I totally get what you’re saying about fonts. What computer game were you playing with the hubs?

I’m so glad to hear you like historical fiction! It’s one of my favorites, too. :)

10 Christina March 15, 2012 at 11:18 am

We are currently addicted to Star Wars The Old Republic MMO (massively multiplayer online) … seriously.. I find myself cooking whatever takes the least amount of time for dinner and not blow drying my hair after showering so we can get on and play longer in the evenings lol

It’s fun and what I consider part of our “quality” time together 😉
Christina recently posted..Weekend Update 3/10My Profile

11 Megan (Braise The Roof) March 12, 2012 at 10:03 am

That is such a cool city shot! I really need to start photographing Chicago more. I should make that a resolution or something. :) It was a fun weekend, but I definitely missed that extra hour of sleep!

12 Jenn (eating bender) March 12, 2012 at 9:47 pm

We should go on a Chicago photography adventure sometime and be tourists for a day!

13 Erica March 12, 2012 at 11:04 am

I love the name you use for your grandpa! SO cute. I never knew there were so many options until I had a baby and Josh’s parents were trying to decide what to be called. The “red” day was just perfect for your transition!

14 Jenn (eating bender) March 12, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Aw, thanks! It’s Polish for grandpa and is pronounced “Ja Ja,” believe it or not. Gotta love us crazy Poles with our impossible to understand spelling. :) And my mom has already claimed “Nanny.”

15 Shannon March 12, 2012 at 1:52 pm

love the new look! I know i’m a few posts late, but hopefully you’ll forgive me 😉 those stuffed peppers look great, too! i was dog-sitting, so had fun watching/playing with the little man!

16 Jenn (eating bender) March 12, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Consider yourself forgiven. :) Thank you so much! Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend!

17 Melissa @TryingtoHeal March 12, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Ah, what a cute pictures of your grandparents! I’m glad you got to talk to her!

Highlight of my weekend was definitely spending time with Whit and seeing The Lorax…I might have cried. Such a sap.

18 Jenn (eating bender) March 13, 2012 at 12:36 am

I really need to see this movie! I’ve heard nothing but good things. Glad you had such a fabulous weekend!