A Quarter Century

by Jenn (eating bender) on May 10, 2012

Yesterday was an excellent day. I turned 25 and my phone turned back time.

That, my friends, is a POP phone – very business appropriate. I first came across it in a SELF Magazine fashion spread with Emmy Rossum. Basically, you attach it to your cell phone or anything with a headset plug in and are then able to hear out of it and talk into it. I am nothing if not nostalgic for retro technology (remember my Clueless phone?) so naturally, I LOVED it.

The ever-awesome Sam decided it would make a great birthday gift. Thank you, Sam! I’ve already been using it on my calls today and can’t help but smile wondering what people would think if they saw me walking down the street with it. Only a matter of time.

I also went on a birthday run. The weather was gorgeous, one of those days where it’s a bit chilly but the sun is shining and warm. Spring and fall are my favorite seasons in Chicago. Summer is great, but humidity-free heat is better.

When I got back, Bobby surprised me with an amazing card and gift, plus plans for a delicious dinner. Our beloved pizza was on the menu. The usual: chicken sausage, spinach, red pepper, mushroom and CHEESE.

It was extra delicious on a Wednesday night.

Especially when we decided to pair it with some wine: Columbia Crest H3 Merlot.

We also watched several episodes of How I Met Your Mother. It was a very relaxing way to celebrate a quarter of a century. I don’t really feel much older, but it’s still fun to say. I’m not sure what the next year will bring. Perhaps I’ll make a 25 in 25 list and see what happens. :)

The weekend is almost here! What are your plans?

Abrazos,

1 clare @ fittingitallin May 10, 2012 at 3:04 pm

happy belated birthday!

2 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Thanks, Clare! :)

3 Erin May 10, 2012 at 3:17 pm

What a great birthday Jenn! That phone is absolutely killing me! Man I haven’t heard a dial tone in who knows how long :) Happy 25! Gosh you’ve done so much already, isn’t that amazing!? xo Erin
Erin recently posted..Crunchy creamy dessert bowlMy Profile

4 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:18 pm

What’s a dial tone? ;) Thanks, Erin! You’re fantastic. <3

5 Melissa @TryingtoHeal May 10, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Happy birthday to one of my greatest friends! I’m glad you had a great day and watch your mail; I’ve got a little something coming your way!!!
Melissa @TryingtoHeal recently posted..Comment on Here or There? by BizMy Profile

6 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Thanks, Melissa! I’m excited! :)

7 Becky May 10, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Hey Jenn! That phone is great! Hope you had a wonderful bday. Doug and I went for a jog last night around that same area… I kept an eye out for you bc I know our running paths overlap! It was a nice night for a run. Should be a good wknd here, but we are heading back to MN in just a few hours for some family time!
Becky recently posted..Pesto Pasta SaladMy Profile

8 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I’m always looking for you when I’m out running now! Hope you had a great weekend in Minnesota. I’m sending you a message tonight to see if we can get together soon!

9 Elise May 10, 2012 at 3:52 pm

happy birthday jenn!
Elise recently posted..Philly: Corner Bakery and MarketsMy Profile

10 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Thanks, Elise!

11 Cara (Twinthusiast) May 10, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Yay! So glad you had a great birthday. :) Love the phone.
Cara (Twinthusiast) recently posted..Strawberry Fields ForeverMy Profile

12 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Thanks, Cara! So great to talk to/see you all today! An epic wrestling match. :)

13 Lauren May 10, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Sounds lovely! Happy Birthday hun. 25 is SUCH a great age. I wish I could have stay 25 forever!
Lauren recently posted..Random Expectations and SplurgesMy Profile

14 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Thank you, Lauren!!

15 emily (a nutritionist eats) May 10, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Happy Birthday Jenn! Pizza and wine is a great way to celebrate your birthday!
emily (a nutritionist eats) recently posted..entertaining: springtime brunchMy Profile

16 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Thanks, Emily! :)

17 Erica May 10, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Ahhhhh! Thats what it is! Cool. What a great day- the pizza looks yummy. I will be celebrating my fist mother’s day this weekend
Erica recently posted..Weekend & Overnight Slow Cooker OatmealMy Profile

18 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Happy Mother’s Day!!

19 BroccoliHut May 10, 2012 at 7:54 pm

That is one fantastic looking pizza! Yum!
This weekend Seth and I are headed up to New York for a wedding. I am so excited, as it has been 10 years since I last visited NYC, and of course, I love weddings too :)

20 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Awesome! Hope you two had a blast!

21 Julie May 10, 2012 at 8:10 pm

OMGGGGGGGG HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Julie recently posted..country bumpkin & all over the country!My Profile

22 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:24 pm

AND SAME TO YOU!!!! :) Happy birthday, Julie!

23 Katie May 10, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Happy birthday!! I saw those phone headsets over Christmas a couple years ago and have wanted one ever since. I should buy one for myself for my birthday this year. I deserve it. :)
Katie recently posted..Book Review: InsurgentMy Profile

24 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Thanks, Katie! You should definitely buy one for your birthday. :)

25 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner May 10, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Happy, happy birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Hope you enjoy your next trip around the sun. :)
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Chocolate Banana BreadMy Profile

26 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:25 pm

“Trip around the sun.” I love that! Thanks, Chelsea! :)

27 Molly May 11, 2012 at 9:04 am

i bought one of those phones recently! I love it! it works so well and i feel like such a goober/amazing person while using it in public.

28 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Haha I really can’t wait to use it in public. :)

29 Caroline May 11, 2012 at 12:12 pm

happy birthdayy!! I love that phone it’s so cool! Definitely brings back memories : )
Caroline recently posted..DIY: creative memoriesMy Profile

30 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Thank you, Caroline! Glad the phone could bring back some memories for you, too. :)

31 Susan May 11, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Awesome phone! It sorta makes me think of Zack Morris’s giant cell phone on Saved by the Bell…haha…in a good way, of course. I’m glad you had a great b-day celebration (to continue tonight, correct?) Well, I know I’ll be continuing the celebration when I have one or four glasses of wine in your honor next week. :)

32 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:27 pm

That’s what it reminded me of, too! It was definitely a fun celebration and I hope you enjoy many glasses of wine this week. Have a blast! :)

33 Megan (Braise The Roof) May 11, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Happy birthday again, Jenn, I’m glad you had a good day! And yes, this humidity-free heat is AMAZING. I’ve been trying to get out of the office as often as possible today. :)
Megan (Braise The Roof) recently posted..Low-Tech Zucchini ChipsMy Profile

34 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Thanks, Megan! Still can’t get over how amazing this weather is. If it could just stay like this all summer…hey, a girl can dream. :)

35 lynn @ the actor's diet May 12, 2012 at 11:04 am

ha! i have one of those old fashioned phone connectors too. but i never use it!
lynn @ the actor’s diet recently posted..CarnivoreMy Profile

36 Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Haha – awesome! What color do you have? I am going to attempt to use it in public sometime. :)

37 glidingcalm May 14, 2012 at 3:35 pm

pizza and wine! what a perfect bday dinner! I love that phone piece too!! I’ve seen it in gold, but that purple is so cute!

and I agree, Chicago is BEAUTIFUl in the Spring! :)

happy birthday again, Bender!
glidingcalm recently posted..Feeling the love! (+ 2 books)My Profile

38 Melanee May 21, 2012 at 11:45 pm

I can hardly believe you have such wisdom, grace, humor, and talent at the tender age of 25. How fabulously exciting, and yes! You should write a 25 at 25. Even if it’s just for yourself. There is something so rewarding about a birthday journal. Happy May Jenn!