Avenge Is Sweet

by Jenn (eating bender) on May 17, 2012

I can’t believe it’s Thursday already! I’m gearing up for an insanely busy weekend that consists of staying in my apartment most of the time. What’s that? You think that’s an oxymoron? Well, I’m not so sure I will be able to just walk around my neighborhood…

Source

The NATO Summit is here. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all about people being able to protest if they want to protest. But I heard on the radio that the Chicago police bought two sound cannons. Offices are encouraging their employees to wear casual clothes and backpacks rather than suits and briefcases. My building is taking its own precautions. There could be anywhere from 10,000 to 50,000 people. It promises to be an interesting weekend.

I doubt we’ll need any superhero involvement over the next four days, but that didn’t stop me from seeing The Avengers in 3D with my friend Lauren on Tuesday night.

I became a fan of all the characters through my brother. Thanks to him, I’ve seen the Iron Man movies, Captain America, Hulk and Thor. Needless to say, I was pretty well versed in all of their histories before this movie began.

Overall, I really enjoyed it! The movie is long – two hours and 20 minutes – but it moved quickly from scene to scene and there were never any parts that I felt dragged on for too long. The plot was entertaining, though I have to say a few of the special effect villains had Lauren and I laughing rather than scared out of our wits. I’m guessing that wasn’t the goal. ;) That said, the fighting was exciting and being able to see it in 3D was even better. It’s amazing how much 3D movies have improved from back when we were wearing those painful red and blue glasses.

I would definitely recommend The Avengers if you are a fan of superhero films.

Before the movie, we went to Noodles & Company for dinner. I had my favorite Med Salad, made with romaine, mixed greens, tomato, cucumbers, red onion, olives, cavatappi pasta, spicy yogurt dressing and feta.

Tonight I’m meeting a very special friend for dinner. We’re having a long-time favorite: sushi! Until then, it’s time to get to work. Hope you all are having an amazing week.

Are you a fan of superhero movies? If so, who is your favorite?

I could pretend that my brother is the reason I watch these movies, but I really do love them all on my own. I have a lot of favorites, but I really enjoy the X-Men movies and am looking forward to The Amazing Spider-Man this summer.

Bonus: Even if you aren’t a fan of the movies, what superpower would you want?

It’s always a toss up between flying and invisibility for me. Then I have to remember that I’m afraid of heights, and the choice seems easy. Though I think invisibility could lead to a lot of trouble…

Abrazos,

1 Erica May 17, 2012 at 10:21 am

Glad you enjoyed the movie! Those protests sound kind of scary- hope they stay in control!! I want to see the movie, but I’ve only seen Iron Man. I think I need to see the rest before I see it. Enjoy your sushi. Oh oh and I’d definitely want to fly
Erica recently posted..Shrimp in Tomato Sauce (Giveaway)My Profile

2 Jenn (eating bender) May 17, 2012 at 2:18 pm

You and me both! It will be interesting to see what happens. I’m a little nervous but am sure everything will turn out just fine!

3 Val May 17, 2012 at 11:08 am

The Avengers is definitely the perfect summer blockbuster. Flying is a good one but I might take something like time travel or tele porting. Is that weird? You never hear about those being super powers!
Val recently posted..19 Ways to Boost Your Daily Dairy IntakeMy Profile

4 Jenn (eating bender) May 17, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I like your thinking, Val! I think those could totally be superpowers – and I would love to time travel. :)

5 Val May 17, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Ha, right?!
Val recently posted..19 Ways to Boost Your Daily Dairy IntakeMy Profile

6 Caroline May 17, 2012 at 11:35 am

I’d fly. I’m a little afraid of heights, but I don’t think I would be if I could fly! I’d love the idea of being able to go wherever I want to go whenever I want. It would make living away from home, long distance relationships, and traveling the world way easier.
Caroline recently posted..Incentivize your workoutMy Profile

7 Jenn (eating bender) May 17, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Very good point! As long as I knew I wasn’t going to fall, the fear of heights would probably go away. And it would be amazing to travel the world that way. :)

8 Irina @ Chocolatea Time May 17, 2012 at 11:58 am

Ahh the NATO Summit is going to be such a pain this weekend! I’m gonna stay faaar away from the city to avoid all the troubles although it would be kind of interesting to see the protestors! Rumor has it some of them have been throwing cow manure at passerbys so watch out!

9 Jenn (eating bender) May 17, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Cow manure?! That is insane! It will be interesting to see how everything goes. I will let you know of any crazy happenings I see…from my apartment window. ;)

10 Melissa @TryingtoHeal May 17, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I still have yet to see that movie yet, but I know Whit wants to see it again so I’m sure it’s going to be booked into an upcoming weekend. :)

And if I had a superpower, it’d be to fly for sure. Or run forever. :)
Melissa @TryingtoHeal recently posted..Comment on Tugging Strings: Is It the End? by GinaMy Profile

11 Jenn (eating bender) May 18, 2012 at 10:06 am

You’ll have to let me know if you see it! More importantly…CONGRATS AGAIN! I’m so happy for you!

12 healthy ashley May 17, 2012 at 5:08 pm

It’s so crazy that you’re in the middle of all that!

I’d want never-ending energy as my super power :)

13 Jenn (eating bender) May 18, 2012 at 10:07 am

Oooh – I love that one! Genius. :)

14 BroccoliHut May 17, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I’m not necessarily a superhero movie fan, but Seth likes them so I’ve seen my fair share. I was surprised by how much I liked the Iron Man movies!
BroccoliHut recently posted..Tofu Salad with Soy-Peanut SauceMy Profile

15 Jenn (eating bender) May 18, 2012 at 10:08 am

The Iron Man movies are by far my favorite! I think they are the least “superhero-esque” because he is such a unique character. Robert Downey Jr. is a master at that role, and so funny, too!

16 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner May 17, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Oh, your ‘Avengers’ title is so much better than mine! :) Invisibility and reading minds could lead to a lot of trouble, so I’m going with teleporting. I could visit anywhere I wanted to without the hassle of getting there!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Thursday ThingsMy Profile

17 Jenn (eating bender) May 18, 2012 at 10:09 am

I liked your title because it made me think of The Hunger Games. Yes, I am THAT big of an HG nerd. :) Love the idea of teleporting – it’d be faster than flying, too!

18 Wendi May 17, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Wasn’t the movie pretty amazing?! I didn’t know a thing about The Avengers going into it (I was wondering why Batman, Spiderman and the ‘S’ sporting Superman himself weren’t invited to the party until my friend had to explain it to me lol) but I really liked it. It didn’t hurt that I got to stare at Chris Hemsworth and Evans for over two hours ;)

If I could have any superpower, I think it would be to become invisible–then I’d get to sneak into movie theaters everywhere and see my fav flicks like this one, and any others again and again lol. Stay safe in all of the crazy riots girly.
Wendi recently posted..Pour Some Sugar On MeMy Profile

19 Jenn (eating bender) May 18, 2012 at 10:11 am

It was definitely amazing! I laughed out loud at your Chris Hemsworth and Evans comment. :) Gotta love ‘em! Invisibility would be really cool – I’d settle for a cloak, of sorts…hm, where did I get that idea from? Haha!

20 Wendi May 19, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Hahahaha! Love it, girl!
Wendi recently posted..10 Things…My Profile

21 julie May 18, 2012 at 6:19 am

girrrrrrl its gonna get crazy near you this weekend! i smell a sold staycation coming up for you! i’m not such a fan of superhero movies but i am a fan of good looking men pretending to be superheroes hahaha

22 Jenn (eating bender) May 18, 2012 at 10:12 am

Haha – best superhero comment ever. I love it. :) Staycation is definitely necessary over here!

23 Shanita C. Crosby May 19, 2012 at 3:59 am

Practical posts and more are the reasons why i always visit your website. So simple yet functional and interesting. Great!
Shanita C. Crosby recently posted..HerSolution Gel ReviewMy Profile

24 Susan May 20, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I’m sure Adam will love The Avengers…maybe I’ll plan a movie date. I liked the X-Men movies, and I think I could go for some of the mind control stuff, a la Professor Xavier or ol’ whats-her-face…the one who killed him…(too lazy to retrieve this info…haha). Something like that would come in handy when dealing with annoying people. :)

25 Jenn (eating bender) May 20, 2012 at 2:24 pm

You definitely should – I think you’d enjoy it! Mind control would be verrryyy interesting, indeed. I like it! And I think you are referring to good ol’ Jean Grey. Alright, I admit it…I had to look it up. :)

26 Christina May 22, 2012 at 9:06 am

We went to see Avengers Saturday on our date night! I was impressed at how good it was :) I thought all the humor and connections to the other movies was great. and the obvious cameo by Stan Lee.. he always seems to make an appearance in his comic’s films. and I love when the movie-maker powers that be reward those who sit through the credits.. and Avengers had two of those rewards!

I too am a fan of X-Men .. have you seen First Class? There is suppose to be a sequel to it soon. Ken is excited for the new Batman.

And I think super speed would have advantages and should help me stay in shape!
Christina recently posted..NPBC – Confessions of a Jane Austen AddictMy Profile

27 Holly Bunning June 28, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Aw; this was a really good post. Finding the time and actual effort to produce a really good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a whole lot and don’t manage to get anything done. Georgetown Affordable Roofing, 803 Serenada Dr., #B, Georgetown, TX, 78628, US, 512-686-4012