This Time Tomorrow…

by Jenn (eating bender) on June 15, 2012

I will (hopefully) be drinking butterbeer and visiting Hogwarts castle.

We are off to Orlando for a trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Celebrating my brother’s graduation, 19th birthday (this Sunday, which also happens to be Father’s Day) and time spent with my husband and family. I. Can’t. WAIT.

I’ve never been to Universal Studios, so it promises to be quite the treat. It’s only too bad they no longer shoot shows like What Would You Do and Double Dare. That would have been amazing. We’ll be there for the first leg of our trip and then it’s off to an old favorite.

The last time we were in Disney World was probably 10 years ago, when my brother was nine and I was 15. It’s going to be very cool to return as two adults and experience it from a whole new perspective. Bobby and my parents are super excited, too.

I’ll likely be snapping a million pictures on Instagram but am taking a break from blogging to truly enjoy a rare vacation (ah!). Be back next week with all the adventure. Let the magic begin!!

1 Michelle@PeachyPalate June 15, 2012 at 7:55 am

Universal is amazing you’ll love it, beats Disney for sure! Make sure to take on all the big rides! It’s been 7 years since I was there so I’m sure it’s even more amazing!
Michelle@PeachyPalate recently posted..All the goodness of banana breadMy Profile

2 Jenn (eating bender) June 15, 2012 at 8:35 am

Ah, so cool! I hear of people who love Universal more than Disney and then the other way around. It will be fun to compare them!

3 Cassie (bake your day) June 15, 2012 at 8:02 am

Fun! Can’t wait to follow along on IG!

4 Jenn (eating bender) June 15, 2012 at 8:35 am

Yay – thanks, Cassie! :)

5 Jess @JessCantCook June 15, 2012 at 8:07 am

Have fun!! I’m so jealous, I really want to to Harry Potter world! I’ve actually never even been to Disney believe it or not.
Jess @JessCantCook recently posted..Book Review: DivergentMy Profile

6 Jenn (eating bender) June 15, 2012 at 8:34 am

Ooh you should definitely put it on your list! I have a feeling that Disney is “fun” as a kid but AMAZING as an adult because you can actually remember everything! And, if I’m being honest, I’m pretty excited to buy a beer in Germany at Epcot. ๐Ÿ˜‰

7 brandi June 15, 2012 at 8:25 am

um…you might die on the hogwarts ride. it is the BEST ride i’ve ever been on. EVER. i want to ride it a million more times.

and the butterbeer is so good. don’t get the frozen! just regular. tastes like a melted cream soda float…and magic.

8 Jenn (eating bender) June 15, 2012 at 8:32 am

Yeessssss you just made me more excited and I didn’t think it was possible! I am giddy when I think about the Hogwarts ride. Everyone I know who has been there is obsessed with it! And THANK YOU for the butterbeer tip. I laughed out loud at the magic comment. I am totally prepared for it to taste like glitter and happiness. :)

9 brandi June 15, 2012 at 8:34 am

oh yeah. if the park hadn’t been about to close, i would have ridden that ride at least 5 more times. it’s so fun. i screamed the entire time and loved it.

and….i want a butterbeer dispenser in my house. it’s ridiculously good.
brandi recently posted..Fresh Strawberry MojitosMy Profile

10 Jenn (eating bender) June 15, 2012 at 8:42 am

This is all good to know. I thought we’d have some time to explore the rest of Universal but I have a feeling I’m never going to want to leave. :)

I’ll be sure to drink an extra butterbeer for you, too!

11 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City June 15, 2012 at 9:44 am

I can’t wait to go to Florida this January and check out the Harry Potter theme park!! I swear that going to the park was part of my motivation for signing up for the Disney Marathon ๐Ÿ˜‰
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Intuitive TaperingMy Profile

12 Jessica S June 15, 2012 at 10:30 am

Have fun! I can’t wait to hear your thoughts about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter; it’s one of my life goals to go there someday! ๐Ÿ˜› Have a great time with your family!

13 emily (a nutritionist eats) June 15, 2012 at 11:00 am

Have a wonderful trip!! I’ll love the instagram pics I’m sure!
emily (a nutritionist eats) recently posted..daily eats: 6.13.12My Profile

14 Caroline June 15, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I loooved Double Dare! haha
Have so much fun!
Caroline recently posted..Remember whenMy Profile

15 lynn @ the actor's diet June 15, 2012 at 4:42 pm

have fun! i was just recently in orlando for 3 days but was too theme-parked-out from disney to go to harry potter world. so pace yourself! and if you want to see any disney food posts for inspiration, i have a recap at the bottom of this post:

have fun! drink butterbeer for me!
lynn @ the actor’s diet recently posted..Random Thoughts and GiveawayMy Profile

16 Irina @ Chocolatea Time June 15, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I’m so jealous! I haven’t been back to Disney World for over a decade and would love to go as an adult. It will be an entirely new experience! Plus…how can I go on living without visiting HP world? Unacceptable…

Have a great time!!!
Irina @ Chocolatea Time recently posted..Back To My RootsMy Profile

17 BroccoliHut June 15, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Aah! How exciting! Seth and I went to Disneyworld for a spring break very early in our relationship and we had SO much fun! HP world was not quite ready when we went though (we missed it by a few weeks)…guess we’ll have to go back then ๐Ÿ˜‰
BroccoliHut recently posted..Pinteresting Dayโ€”Part IIIMy Profile

18 Katie H. June 16, 2012 at 8:44 am

Have so much fun! I was just there in March, and my hubby and I reveled in HP dorkitude for the day :-)
Katie H. recently posted..New Themes: Blog Simple and SkylarkMy Profile

19 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner June 16, 2012 at 9:43 am

Ahh! You have no idea how incredibly jealous I am. I would like lots of details when you return! Hope you have a magical time. :)
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Friday Night FirelightMy Profile

20 Wendi June 17, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!!!! I am so very jealous girlfriend! You will have an absolute blast!! I went to the Harry Potter park last summer and was in Potter heaven! It was like stepping into the books or walking directly onto the set of one of the films. They did such a great job in getting all of the details. Be sure to have a butterbeer for me hun :)
Wendi recently posted..Happy Dadโ€™s DayMy Profile

21 Melissa @TryingtoHeal June 18, 2012 at 10:45 am

AH! Have so much fun! I’m jealous!

22 Living, Learning, Eating June 21, 2012 at 10:38 am

I went there two Christmases ago and loved it! I also love Disney World sooooo much! You’re so tough to head over in summer, though!

Oh, and by the way – your header is tres adorbs.

Living, Learning, Eating recently posted..Hey, It’s OkayMy Profile