My Big, Sparkly Announcement: Part Two

by Jenn (eating bender) on July 3, 2012

Nearly two and a half years ago, I made a big, sparkly announcement that changed my life.

Going into business with Jill has been one of the most incredible adventures I’ve ever experienced. The successes we’ve had with POP! Social Media and DreamChamps are my proudest professional moments. But more impressive, I think, is the fact that our partnership – and beyond that, our friendship – is stronger than ever.

Yesterday I made my big, sparkly announcement…part two. I won’t repeat the entire post here (though I’d love for you to read it on Pursuing Our Passion), but the bottom line is that I have made one of the hardest decisions of my life.

I am heading down a new path. One that feels right, even if it is bittersweet. I am pursuing a dream that you are all very familiar with. In short, I am stepping full force into my new role as “writer.”

It’s an ambiguous title in some ways – but it also encompasses everything I want most.

While I am still a firm believer and supporter in our business missions, I also recognize that it’s time for me to move on. Being my own boss has allowed me the great fortune of being able to explore this writing passion of mine in ways that I may never have had the courage to do otherwise. With Jill’s support, as well as that of family and friends, I am further pursuing my writing dream.

Whether doing freelance work or continuing to work on my book, I feel really good about what’s next. As I said in my announcement post:

Two and a half years ago, I took a leap that felt absolutely terrifying. My stomach churned, my heart pounded and I had more gray hairs appear than I’d care to admit.

These signs were how I knew I was on the right track.

I truly appreciate the support you’ve shown for my writing on Eating Bender, and look forward to sharing more about this terrifyingly exciting new stage of my professional life.

1 Kristie July 3, 2012 at 10:09 am

I’m so excited for you! And when you get your book(s) out, you can count on me to buy one! :)

2 Jenn (eating bender) July 4, 2012 at 10:43 am

You rock, Kristie! Thank you so much for the support. I know I’ve said this before but I really would love to see you soon!

3 Erica July 3, 2012 at 10:17 am

You are SO amazing! I love how you follow your dreams. I believe your passion in each of your ventures is what had made and will make you so successful.
Erica recently posted..Sweet & Salty Granola & Wedding ShowersMy Profile

4 Jenn (eating bender) July 4, 2012 at 10:44 am

Thank you for the kind words, Erica – they mean so much to me!

5 Irina @ Chocolatea Time July 3, 2012 at 10:19 am

How exciting!! The biggest decisions are always the hardest, but once the decision is made it becomes clear as day that the choice you made was the right one. Best of luck to you! You have many supporters by your side :)
Irina @ Chocolatea Time recently posted..A Change of SceneryMy Profile

6 Jenn (eating bender) July 4, 2012 at 10:49 am

I couldn’t have said it better, Irina! After I began telling people it really felt like it all became clear and felt right. Thank you for the kind words and support! :)

7 Millie Snyder July 3, 2012 at 10:21 am

Jenn! How exciting, just reading this I am proud of you! I love & truly believe in the quote, “you are your own compass”. I know at some moments in life it is hard to accept that with the situations you encounter or the circumstances you’re in, but if you pull through that dark, hazy tunnel… you will see a light. And it will surprise you, may even shock you, but it will make you happy. And that’s life… so here’s a props to you for really LIVING your life!
Millie Snyder recently posted..Call For CourageMy Profile

8 Jenn (eating bender) July 4, 2012 at 10:51 am

Thank you so much, Millie! I so agree with everything you said. As hard as the decision was, I know that long term I will not regret it and that even if this new path comes with its own set of challenges and setbacks, I ultimately made the best choice and am SO happy about that. I truly appreciate your kind words!

9 Morgan @ Life After Bagels July 3, 2012 at 10:32 am

as always you continue to inspire me … I hate being scared, I hate leaping … but you always make it seem worth it

Morgan @ Life After Bagels recently posted..Comment on Time For A Regroup by Meredith @ DareYouToMy Profile

10 Jenn (eating bender) July 4, 2012 at 10:53 am

You are so kind, Morgan – thank you! It is an incredibly terrifying feeling but I am nothing but optimistic that yes, it will indeed be worth it. Your support means a lot to me. Hope all is well with you! :)

11 Cara (Twinthusiast) July 3, 2012 at 10:40 am

Cara (Twinthusiast) recently posted..Surfer Dude Pool PartyMy Profile

12 Jenn (eating bender) July 4, 2012 at 10:54 am

Onward, ho! :)

13 Erin July 3, 2012 at 10:47 am

Jenn, I don’t know many that are as gifted at the art of suspense as you! :) Excited to hear more…
xo Erin
Erin recently posted..Stila lip (and cheek) stainMy Profile

14 Jenn (eating bender) July 4, 2012 at 10:55 am

Haha Erin! I try, I try. 😉 Basically my new role will be tackling as many different writing assignments as I can. I have a part-time freelance job to get me started, and I am also continuing to work on my book and take on other projects as they come. It’s an exciting – albeit terrifying – new path! Love ya!

15 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City July 3, 2012 at 11:16 am

Congratulations! I wish you the best :)
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Flexible MorningMy Profile

16 Jenn (eating bender) July 4, 2012 at 10:56 am

Thank you so much, Lindsay!

17 Joy July 3, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Yay! Can’t wait to buy your book
Joy recently posted..Welcome to MiamiMy Profile

18 Jenn (eating bender) July 4, 2012 at 10:56 am

Ahhh – thank you, Joy! Just reading those words makes it all feel real. I am going to do whatever it takes to make it a reality! :)

19 glidingcalm July 3, 2012 at 7:14 pm

HURRAY!!!! so happy you are following your dreams and heart!! can’t wait to hear more more more!!

HAPPY FOURTH! love you!
glidingcalm recently posted..Fresh ‘n Lean MealsMy Profile

20 Jenn (eating bender) July 4, 2012 at 10:57 am

Thank you so much for the support, as always, GC!! I can’t wait to share more as the work begins. Happy Fourth to you, your fam and the boy! Love youu!

21 BroccoliHut July 3, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Eee! So excited for you, Jenn! I know you’ll be a success–you’re so talented and hard-working. A winning combination, for sure!
Un abrazo para ti :)

22 Jenn (eating bender) July 4, 2012 at 10:59 am

Thank you so much, Caroline! Your kind words and support mean the world to me. Gracias por el abrazo, tambien! < --I hope that's right, I'm a bit rusty! :)

23 Lara July 3, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Wonderful! I am so happy for you, and so inspired :)

24 Jenn (eating bender) July 4, 2012 at 10:59 am

Thanks so much, Lara! You know you inspire me, too, and I truly appreciate your support!

25 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner July 4, 2012 at 10:39 am

Best of luck on your new adventure!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Cabin Weekend Recap, Part 3My Profile

26 Jenn (eating bender) July 4, 2012 at 10:59 am

Thank you, Chelsea!! Happy Fourth of July!

27 emily (a nutritionist eats) July 4, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Congratulations Jenn, what an exciting next step! You really are an inspiration to us all to follow our dreams!
emily (a nutritionist eats) recently posted..fourth of july foodMy Profile

28 Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife July 6, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Congrats, Jenn! That’s so exciting! :)
Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife recently posted..Red, White, and Blue MuffinsMy Profile

29 Susan July 7, 2012 at 10:24 am

Making my belated comments, per usual…(you know how I like to make an entrance! haha)… :) As you already know, we’re proud of your courageous decision-making. You’re an excellent role model for the Bear, K Mo, C-line, and many others!

30 Lauren July 7, 2012 at 3:48 pm

So happy for you Jen. Congrats on this exhilarating new adventure!

31 Caroline July 9, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Best of luck, Jenn! You’ve been such an inspiration for me these past couple of years and I can’t wait to follow along on your new journey!
Caroline recently posted..By the lakeMy Profile