Raspberry Beret

by Jenn (eating bender) on October 1, 2012

She wore a raspberry beret…

The kind you find in a second hand grocery store.

I’ve had my hometown artist Prince’s song stuck in my head since breakfast. Happy October!

To ring in one of my favorite months of the year – it’s officially pumpkin season, not to mention our two-year anniversary is just 16 days away – I decided to make myself an oatmeal parfait. Oatmeal is one of my favorite fall foods and the presentation nerd in me loves to dress it up with different layers of granola and peanut butter goodness. The result was delicious!

Listening to Prince is optional. Enjoying your parfait outside in the fall air is a must.

We had a great weekend of house hunting that brought us to some new neighborhoods. It still amazes us how quickly the good houses go here in Arizona. We looked at one nice home on Saturday morning that had been on the market for approximately 24 hours. By Sunday morning, it was under contract. It certainly makes us feel reassured that we are looking in the right places!

Another fun highlight came on Sunday during a round of golf, when I picked up my first eagle in several years! For those who don’t play golf, an eagle means that you shoot two under par on a given hole (on a par 3 this would also be called a hole in one). I happened to hit a lucky drive on a short par 4 that took a dramatic bounce and ended up just off the green with about 40-50 yards to putt. Somehow, I managed to sink it. I love when that happens.

I was pretty excited. The rest of the round was a challenge, but this was the bright spot.

Between house hunting, golfing and the Northwestern and Packer wins, twas a grand weekend.

Hope your weekend was a good one, too! What was the highlight?

Last but not least, happy birthday to my bear-y awesome sister-in-law, Susan!!

1 Erica October 1, 2012 at 11:43 am

I love that last picture! You look so happy/in your element! Just fabulous. Sounds like a great round of golf. House hunting is definitely an interesting experience- sending lots of good vibes your way
Erica recently posted..Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies & LaunchesMy Profile

2 Jenn (eating bender) October 4, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Thank you, Erica! :)

3 Lauren October 1, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Looks delicious! And I love when a song inspires a recipe. :)

4 Jenn (eating bender) October 4, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Me too! Thanks, Lauren. :)

5 natalie @ will jog for food October 1, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Awesome job on the eagle!!

House Hunting is tiring! But it’s so exciting when you find the right one :)
natalie @ will jog for food recently posted..What I Expected to ExpectMy Profile

6 Jenn (eating bender) October 4, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Thanks, Natalie! I think we might just have found it. :)

7 Cara (Twinthusiast) October 1, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Nice job Jenn! On the golf, I mean, but the parfait looks pretty delish too. Oh house hunting, such a simultaneously fun and frustrating process…
Cara (Twinthusiast) recently posted..Hold My HandMy Profile

8 Jenn (eating bender) October 4, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Thanks, Cara! I have definitely had my share of fun and frustrating this week!

9 emily (a nutritionist eats) October 1, 2012 at 2:38 pm

That parfait sounds great. My highlight of the weekend was my first Peruvian meal at my cousins house last night!
emily (a nutritionist eats) recently posted..daily eats: 9.26.12My Profile

10 Jenn (eating bender) October 4, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Yum! That Peruvian meal sounds insanely delicious!

11 Susan October 1, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Thanks for the nice b-day shout out! I’m proud to be associated with an eagle, football wins, the artist formerly known as prince, and the raspberry parfait. :) I will try to translate my birthday good vibes into house-hunting success for you.

12 Jenn (eating bender) October 4, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Haha! You’re very welcome. :) So glad your birthday was fun – and your translation definitely worked so far!!

13 Nicole @ The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie October 1, 2012 at 3:53 pm

This oatmeal parfait sounds so yummy!

I’m sorry to hear that you guys didn’t get that house, but I like that you’re staying positive and it will happen soon :)

And congrats on your awesome game of golf!
Nicole @ The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie recently posted..Currently: September 2012My Profile

14 Jenn (eating bender) October 4, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Thanks, Nicole!! Fingers crossed it *may* have happened. We’re under contract on a new (and I personally think even better) house. I guess everything happens for a reason – we’ll see how the inspection goes!

15 Jerry October 1, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Thanks Jenn. I enjoyed you sharing your golf experience with us. By your picture it looks like a great place to play a round of golf. Do you have any good tips on a golf swing for beginners?

Jerry recently posted..Winning Tips To Improve Your Golf SkillsMy Profile

16 BroccoliHut October 1, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Oh, Jenn–you and I are kindred spirits. I get “Raspberry Beret” stuck in my head pretty much every time I eat raspberries. Haha!

17 Jenn (eating bender) October 2, 2012 at 12:00 am

That is amazing. :) We really are kindred spirits!

18 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles October 1, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Good luck with the house hunting – I’m sure something will work out soon for you guys!

And an EAGLE?! Heck yes! I absolutely love golf (playing and watching), so I’m quite jealous that you were able to get a round in this weekend.
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Mexican RisottoMy Profile

19 Jenn (eating bender) October 4, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Thank you, Courtney! I love that you are a fellow golfer. :)

20 Karla October 1, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Mmm! Awesome breakfast, fabulous football weekend and an even better golf game! Looks like a winning few days, Jenn. :)
Karla recently posted..Last weekend, I conquered my first 10-mile race. One of the best…My Profile

21 Jenn (eating bender) October 4, 2012 at 4:54 pm

It’s been a good week! Hope you’ve been having a fabulous one, too. :)

22 Carlsbad Orthodontist October 7, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Wow. That’s an amazing breakfast. Can I use strawberry instead of raspberry? Great Job on these one I’ll try it out these weekend. I hope I could find sometime.