Two Years Ago…

by Jenn (eating bender) on October 16, 2012

…I woke up in my family’s house on a warm, cloudless day. (Much like today, in fact.)

…I got a little more dressed up than usual. (Mainly because my “usual” is pajamas…shh.)

…I spent a whole day hanging out with my awesome friends. (Miss them.)

…and crazy cool family. (Three of whom were present in this picture but not yet born.)

Two years ago…

…I said, “I do.” (Well, technically, I said, “I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.”)

…I got a little “wild.” (Go U! NU!)

…I got A LOT teary-eyed. (If you’re curious as to why, check out this post.)

…I helped cut the cake. (Nicely, I might add.)

…and I tore up the dance floor. (Haleakala style.)

Because two years ago today…I married my best friend.

And I’ve loved every single one of the 730 days since. (Wait, make that 731. Thanks, leap year!)

Happy anniversary to my wonderful husband, Bobby! I’m so glad I’m sharing this journey with you. Two years have taken us from Chicago to Phoenix, from San Francisco and Napa to the Grand Canyon to Vegas (three days!), from tandem bicycle accidents to 9-mile scenic hikes to…? (What happens in Vegas…well, we don’t know because we haven’t been there yet.)

I can’t wait to see what the next lifetime brings.

Abrazos y besos,

1 deva by definition October 16, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Happy Anniversary :-) You and your husband make for a wonderful couple!
deva by definition recently posted..Cyclones Power Play 5kA Recap!My Profile

2 Jenn (eating bender) October 16, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Thank you, Deva!! :)

3 Erica October 16, 2012 at 12:35 pm

BEAUTIFUL bride, amazing couple! Happy Anniversary to you two!
Erica recently posted..Coastal Cupboard- Southern Brunch Cooking ClassMy Profile

4 Jenn (eating bender) October 17, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Aw, thank you, Erica!

5 Shannon October 16, 2012 at 1:12 pm

happy anniversary :)
Shannon recently posted..Amica 19.7 BostonMy Profile

6 Jenn (eating bender) October 17, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Thanks, Shannon!

7 Ari @ Ari's Menu October 16, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Awwww, happy anniversary!!!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..NYC Marathon Training Week 17My Profile

8 Jenn (eating bender) October 17, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Thanks, Ari! :)

9 Cara (Twinthusiast) October 16, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Happy two years! What an amazing, awesome wedding it was. (So glad the girls and Claire were there too, even if they were the size of a penny or so.) Have a fabulous time in Vegas!
Cara (Twinthusiast) recently posted..All Things PumpkinMy Profile

10 Jenn (eating bender) October 17, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Thanks, Cara! I’m glad they were there, too. :)

11 Megan (Braise The Roof) October 16, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Happy anniversary, you two! How has it been two years already??
Megan (Braise The Roof) recently posted..And Gosh Darnit, People Like Me {recipe}My Profile

12 Jenn (eating bender) October 17, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I have no idea! Thanks, Megan. :)

13 BroccoliHut October 16, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Happy anniversary, Jenn! You two seem like such a loving couple–I wish you all the best in the years to come :)
BroccoliHut recently posted..Sopa de Ajo Blanco {from the Boo, the Bear, and the Goji Berries}My Profile

14 Jenn (eating bender) October 17, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Thanks so much for the sweet words, Caroline! :)

15 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner October 16, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Happy Anniversary, Jenn! All those pictures are phenomenal. I also think it’s cool that we both celebrated our two-year anniversaries within the same month. October is a great wedding month! :)
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Plumb PlumsMy Profile

16 Jenn (eating bender) October 17, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Thanks, Chelsea! October really is a great wedding month and I think it’s so cool that we were married around the same time. It looks like you had an amazing time in Chicago – you made me nostalgic and I’ve only been gone a month! :)

17 Lauren October 16, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I can not believe it’s been 2 years! CONGRATS and happy anniversary!!! <3 <3

18 Jenn (eating bender) October 17, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I can’t either! Thank you so much, Lauren! <3

19 Irina @ Chocolatea Time October 16, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Happy Anniversary!!! You two are a beautiful couple :) I wish you many many many more amazing years together
Irina @ Chocolatea Time recently posted..Starved RockMy Profile

20 Jenn (eating bender) October 17, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Aw, thank you, Irina! You are very sweet and definitely made us smile. :)

21 Jess October 17, 2012 at 6:31 am

Happy Anniversary!!! You looked stunning! So wonderful you found and married your best friend- so special! :)
Jess recently posted..Being Thrity – good for not only the weight of your wallet!My Profile

22 Jenn (eating bender) October 17, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Thank you so much, Jess! Your comment really made us smile. :)

23 Melissa @TryingtoHeal October 17, 2012 at 10:45 am

Ahhh! Happy anniversary!!! I was so happy to have been there to celebrate with you and Bobby!
Melissa @TryingtoHeal recently posted..The Overwhelming Life We LiveMy Profile

24 Nicole @ The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie October 18, 2012 at 12:35 pm

GOREGEOUS photos Jenn! Congrats to both you and Bobby! You guys will have a blast in Vegas to celebrate!
Nicole @ The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie recently posted..Apple Cinnamon Crumb MuffinsMy Profile

25 Erin October 20, 2012 at 6:44 pm