Nine Is Fine

by Jenn (eating bender) on November 16, 2012

Things are starting to come together around here. We’ve had an exciting week of furniture delivery – since I took that “part-time job” as Craigslist poster back in September – and after one particularly amusing scene where Mama Bender and I somehow managed to hoist a mattress up the stairs (those things are heavier than you might think…), the house is starting to feel like home. We still have a lot of boxes to unpack, but I can say from experience that unpacking is a lot more fun!

Today also marks a milestone for the two of us – nine years of dating! We can’t decide whether that makes us say, “Wow!” or something more like, “Wow! We feel old!” It’s hard to believe it’s been nine years. You mean we don’t still look like teenagers?

No, I guess not. You mean we’re not still crazy (read: nerdy) college kids?

No, I guess not. Though the facial expressions are still pretty applicable. ;)

Looking back through pictures, I realize that even though nine years seems to simultaneously be a long time and no time at all, so much has happened. We’ve lived in five different cities in three different states. We’ve traveled to Guatemala, China, California, New York, Florida and others I’m sure I’m missing, in addition to driving 1,760 miles across the country. We took jobs we loved out of college (Bobby) and jobs we didn’t love so much (me). We’ve supported each other through big decisions like taking – and passing – three CFA tests (Bobby) or leaving said first job to start a company with no business background (me again).

We’ve also eaten at Benihana more times than I can count. But I digress.

And now, we’re homeowners. It has been an amazing journey so far and I can only imagine what the next nine years will bring. Tonight, we celebrated our (dating) anniversary with plenty o’ pizza. It’s our last night as temporary residents in the Bender home, but certainly not the last time we will be enjoying these delicious pies. Pepperoni, mushrooms and a lot more veggies!

Mama Bender was also sweet enough to bring out some champagne to celebrate.

Tomorrow night will be our first time staying at the new address. A movie night is in the works. :)

What are your weekend plans?

I’m so excited to see my friend Sarah, who is in town to compete in Ironman Arizona. Yes, she is that awesome. I haven’t seen her since my wedding, so it will be a fun reunion. Wish her luck!!

Abrazos,

1 Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) November 17, 2012 at 12:20 am

woohoo congrats on being together for 9 years!
Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) recently posted..Wine of the Week: Murphy-Goode ChardonnayMy Profile

2 Jenn (eating bender) November 21, 2012 at 10:09 am

Thanks, Kelli! :)

3 Jess@atasteofconfidence November 17, 2012 at 12:25 am

I love the fact that you guys met as teens. Definitely so much to celebrate this year!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Doin’ the jiveMy Profile

4 Jenn (eating bender) November 21, 2012 at 10:10 am

Aw, thank you, Jess! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

5 Karla November 17, 2012 at 7:29 am

Happy dating anniversary! Such an exciting time for you both. :) Cheers to nine years! *Clinking champagne glass.*
Karla recently posted..Monday Motivation: Pin It!My Profile

6 Jenn (eating bender) November 21, 2012 at 10:11 am

Thank you, Karla! And thanks for your sweet email yesterday. :) Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and look forward to catching up next week!

7 Kristie November 17, 2012 at 8:38 am

Those are some sweet pictures from when you were first dating :). My dating anniversary is only 2 days before yours (well, or 363 days behind, if we count from when it started)! It’s fun to remember the dating years I think – especially when so much changes in the years to come. Can’t wait to see some of your furniture finds!

8 Jenn (eating bender) November 21, 2012 at 10:50 am

Thank you, Kristie. :) I think it’s fun to remember the dating years, too. Happy belated to you and Chris!

9 Cara (Twinthusiast) November 17, 2012 at 8:58 am

Love it. Although the Krenn boys really don’t look all that different as time goes on – ageless perhaps? Heading up to OC to watch the ND game and see our friends’ two year old. Have fun unpacking and talk tomorrow!
Cara (Twinthusiast) recently posted..A Genetic Disposition Toward StripesMy Profile

10 Jenn (eating bender) November 21, 2012 at 10:51 am

If they are ageless then I am in trouble because I am seeing more greys every day (no really – I was just lamenting this fact last night). Can’t wait to see you!

11 Erica November 17, 2012 at 10:42 am

Happy Anniversary! You two are so sweet- love!! The pizza looks fantastic.

Last night, Kay, Josh & I went to dinner. Today, I taught Step and the rest of the weekend is kind of open.
Erica recently posted..More Football, More ChiliMy Profile

12 Jenn (eating bender) November 21, 2012 at 10:52 am

Aw, thanks, Erica! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

13 Elise November 17, 2012 at 12:07 pm

hoisting a mattress up the stairs definitely makes me think of friends. PIVOT!! PIVOT!!! [please tell me you know which episode im talking about]

btw, im not sure how far Phoenix is from Tucson, but im randomly going to be there on monday the 26th for the day. if you happen to be free let me know.
Elise recently posted..Just two sconesMy Profile

14 Jenn (eating bender) November 21, 2012 at 10:55 am

Hahaha yes, I know exactly which episode you are talking about! Love that show. :) How cool that you’re going to be in Tucson! Unfortunately it’s three hours from Phoenix and we still will have Bobby’s parents in town, so I don’t think I can make the drive. :( But please let me know if you ever come back – we really need to meet in person someday! Have a great Thanksgiving.

15 Kate November 17, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Congrats on 9 years together! Such a special day. I just love when people celebrate their “dating” anniversary even after they’re married. Honestly, I think ours is just as significant as our wedding since it’s also the day my husband proposed!
Kate recently posted..Super Charge MeMy Profile

16 Jenn (eating bender) November 21, 2012 at 11:00 am

Thank you, Kate! I love when people celebrate it, too. :) How cool that your husband proposed on your dating anniversary, as well! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

17 Shel@PeachyPalate November 17, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Happy Anniversary!!! Have a great first night in the new home!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..The finer details of FatMy Profile

18 Jenn (eating bender) November 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Thanks, Michelle!! Hope you’re having a wonderful week!

19 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles November 17, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Congrats on nine years – that is so great!

We’re heading to a Friendsgiving tonight, and I can’t wait to eat comfort food! :) Have a great weekend.
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Finally FridayMy Profile

20 Jenn (eating bender) November 21, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Thank you, Courtney! Hope you had a great Friendsgiving and a happy Thanksgiving tomorrow! :)

21 Michelle November 21, 2012 at 6:57 am

I just became a new follower of your blog :) Nine years of dating! woohoooo
Michelle recently posted..Travel Wednesday–SwitzerlandMy Profile

22 Jenn (eating bender) November 21, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Hi Michelle! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting – I’m so glad you found my blog! Can’t wait to check yours out, too. :)

23 julie November 21, 2012 at 11:24 am

i haven’t commented in a while but i’ve been following and SO happy for you & bobby!!!! you guys are going to build an amazing life in your new home and i’m so excited for you! xoxo happy thnaksgiving!!

24 Jenn (eating bender) November 21, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Thank you for the sweet comment, Julie! I’m still following you, too, of course. :) Hope you have an incredible Thanksgiving. I’m thinking of you! xoxo

25 BroccoliHut November 27, 2012 at 8:42 am

Happy nine years! I’m glad to hear that it’s OK to still recognize a dating anniversary even after marriage–December 1st marks 3 years for us :)

26 San Diego Chef November 30, 2012 at 7:12 am

Wow such an adorable couple. Nine years of dating is really something to celebrate and the pizza looks so yummy. What’s your secret for staying strong for nine year?