A Good Year

by Jenn (eating bender) on December 31, 2012

champagne toast

It’s hard to believe we’ve reached the end of 2012. I’m usually all about the reflection and goal-setting posts this time of year, but unfortunately a mean stomach bug has left me favoring a warm bed and ginger ale over my 2013 planner and notepads.

One thing I can say without looking back through posts and photos is that 2012 has been a year of transition for Bobby and me. We started the year in a Chicago apartment and ended the year in a new home in Phoenix. We both left companies we loved to join new teams, take on new projects and explore new sides of our professional selves. Every change both big and small came with excitement and challenges – not necessarily bad challenges, just some important decisions that needed to be made. As we tackled each one together, we grew stronger and more certain about who we are as individuals and as a couple. We’re still learning and things are still changing around here every day, but it’s a wonderful feeling, being settled and knowing that this is where we want to be.

I am going to spend the next few days gathering my thoughts for a more goal-oriented, New Years-y post, but wanted to check in and say thank you for another incredible year. Blogging continues to be such a treat for me, and even as my posting frequency and style continues to evolve over the years, the fact that you are still here, reading this post right now, means so much. The sense of community that we’ve created is truly something special, and I feel lucky to be a part of it every day. Here’s to another year of blendship.

Wishing you all a very happy new year. I’d love to hear what you have planned to kick off 2013!

I’ll end this post with some thought-provoking poetry courtesy of Mama Bender (and T.S. Eliot):

For last year’s words belong to last year’s language.
And next year’s words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.

-T.S. Eliot

Abrazos and ginger ale-filled champagne flutes,

Signature

1 Karla December 31, 2012 at 2:37 pm

What an awesome quote to keep in mind as we stroll into 2013! You and Bobby have certainly had an exciting 2012 and I foresee big things for you in the new year as well. :)

I hope you feel better very soon, Jenn, and can’t wait for fun adventures with you very soon!

2 Jenn (eating bender) December 31, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Thanks, Karla! It’s been a big year for both of us, and I’m excited to see what 2013 has in store…particularly the part that involves you and me in the same city. :) Happy New Year!

3 Erica December 31, 2012 at 3:32 pm

oh no! Feel better chicky! It has been an amazing year for you. I am so happy for you and Bobby!!
Erica recently posted..pv.body & Disney Sneak PeakMy Profile

4 Jenn (eating bender) December 31, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Thanks, Erica! Same to you and your amazing family!

5 Cara (Twinthusiast) December 31, 2012 at 4:39 pm

‘Twas a good year, indeed. (I too, was far too depleted for a serious New Yearsy post, haha). Love to you in time of cannons.
Cara (Twinthusiast) recently posted..Winter Wonderland in MinnesotaMy Profile

6 Jenn (eating bender) December 31, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Hahaha – the love in time of cannons comment totally cracked me up. :) And to you!

7 joelle (on a pink typewriter) January 1, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Coincidentally I also shared a T.S. Eliot quote on my blog today!! How funny.

I’m kicking off 2013 with a 30-day Paleo challenge. :) Plus writing some goals (my fav to do in the new year), like running a hal.
joelle (on a pink typewriter) recently posted..2013My Profile

8 Jenn (eating bender) January 2, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Awesome! Great minds. :) I am off to read about your 30-day Paleo challenge. It sounds intriguing!

9 Erin January 1, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Awwh, sure hope you feel better soon Miss Jenn! xo

10 Jenn (eating bender) January 2, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Thanks, Erin! We are on the mend. :) xo

11 Elizabeth January 3, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Here’s to 2013!!
Elizabeth recently posted..13 Food Resolutions for 2013My Profile

12 Jenn (eating bender) January 4, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Cheers to that! Happy new year!