Meeting Molly Moo

by Jenn (eating bender) on October 11, 2013

This past weekend, Bobby and I had the chance to meet the newest of the nieces pieces: Molly!

Of course, the younger sister of one Claire Bear deserves a nickname of her own, which is how Molly Moo was established. A sweet name for an even sweeter girl – as predicted, she captured our hearts immediately. Her expressions and smiles throughout the weekend were simply awesome.

We got an early start on Saturday with a walk to the park. Claire had a great time playing and yelling, “I’m running with the football!”

Football Saturday

We also spent some time on the swings…

…an activity we repeated a few hours later with Aunt Monica and Uncle Patrick!

The two sides of the family were both in town to celebrate Susan’s birthday…

…watch two football games at once (the NU vs. OSU game made Bobby and me a little crazy)…

…and celebrate Molly’s baptism!

Photo courtesy of Monica

Little sis did such an incredible job – she didn’t make a peep! Godfather Jim did well, too. :)

Big sis looked adorable in her flowery dress and pink cardigan. It’s hard to believe that it has already been more than two years since we were in town to celebrate her baptism.

Photos courtesy of Monica

After the ceremony, we enjoyed some delicious lunch and festive cake.

There were piggyback rides…

…and shoulder rides, too.

Of course, the trip was too short as always, but we enjoyed getting the chance to see family – and any time spent with the nieces pieces can’t be beat.

Happy (almost) two month birthday, Molly! Until next time, ladies!

Any plans for the weekend? I’ve got a very special celebration kicking off today!

1 Erica October 11, 2013 at 9:03 am

They make some cute kiddos!!!! Celebration?! I may have a race tomorrow…yikes

2 Jenn (eating bender) October 14, 2013 at 4:26 pm

They definitely do! Congrats again on rocking that race!

3 Megan (Braise The Roof) October 11, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Those are some seriously adorable little girls! I love that you got Claire into some football action – too cute! :)

4 Jenn (eating bender) October 14, 2013 at 4:27 pm

As her football-obsessed aunt, I was very excited that Claire was so eager to get in on the action. :)

5 Susan October 11, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Thanks for the great Molly Moo post, Aunt Jinn! haha… the skull cap cracks me up every time. (I think it’s safe to say that we’re retiring that hat.) It was so great to see you guys; I always wish you could stay longer!! Now if only there had been a different outcome for your game… argh. Boooo Buckeyes. But on a happy note, have an awesome time this weekend! :)

6 Jenn (eating bender) October 14, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Haha – it was a great hat while it lasted, though. :) Such a fun weekend. I know, if only re: the game. I sort of feel the same way about this past weekend’s game, if not more so…ah well. Hopefully we beat Minnesota this weekend!

7 Toronto Girl West October 12, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Molly is simply beautiful!!!! <3 All of your nieces pieces are!!!
Toronto Girl West recently posted..A Virtual Coffee Date IIIMy Profile

8 Jenn (eating bender) October 14, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Thank you, Karen!! I agree. :)

9 Cara (Twinthusiast) October 14, 2013 at 4:23 pm

That first pic of Molly is so, so beautiful. And so is Claire’s solo shot. Some of my fav pics of those girls! So glad you were all there together — we were there in spirit! :)
Cara (Twinthusiast) recently posted..Trick or “Eat”My Profile

10 Jenn (eating bender) October 14, 2013 at 4:31 pm

You and the girls were definitely missed that weekend! Can’t wait for all four lovely ladies to get together when Molly’s a little older. That will be so awesome to watch. :)