A Weekend in Minnesnowta

by Jenn (eating bender) on January 27, 2014

What a difference six months makes in aerial scenery. :) Last weekend we paid a visit to Minnesnowta for some family fun – including the chance to see two of our nieces pieces!

Claire Bear…

…and Molly Moo.

We joined Susan, Adam and the girls with Barb and John for a weekend of ice and snow adventures. In fact, we kicked things off with a visit to the local rink for Claire’s first skating lesson.

Considering I can barely stay upright on ice, my action shots turned out clearer than expected. 😉 Claire did a great job staying on her feet the entire time, and was also an excellent glider.

Her little sis was a great spectator, too.

Later that night, Bobby and Adam attended the Hockey City Classic (photo courtesy of Susan) for some freezing cold spectating of their own. Fortunately, the Gophers beat the Buckeyes!

But icy adventures were not the only winter activities on the agenda. Snow piled high in the backyard means sledding is a must – especially if it includes adorable pink and purple snowsuits.

The Bear showed off her skills for the boys – she even wanted to try snow surfing. :)

As for this aunt, well…I prefer no jumps and gradual hills, please (see also: wimp).

When we weren’t capitalizing on the break from polar vortices, we were inside playing games…

…making faces…

…or doing gymnastics.

We also had the chance to see even more family – Megan, Ann and Steven, as well as Annie, Jono, Aly, Brendan, Jeanne and Mark. We played the Logo board game, which was a lot of fun. Here are several of the ladies: Annie, Aly, Susan, Molly, me and Claire.

It was truly a fantastic weekend. We were sad to say goodbye to tower building and tummy time!

Hurray for Minnesnowta! Until we meet again.

What winter adventures have you been up to this year?

It has been an unusually warm one in Arizona. You’re welcome to come visit!

1 Cara (Twinthusiast) January 27, 2014 at 10:42 pm

The pic of you holding Molly is one of my fav pics of her so far – adorable. Glad it was a good trip (although holy smokes I am so glad I live in a warm climate!)
Cara (Twinthusiast) recently posted..Parenting Goals for the New YearMy Profile

2 Jess January 28, 2014 at 3:38 am

Your nieces are adorable! I love the pictures of the skating lessons, how crazy you can start learning so young. She looks way more comfortable on ice than I’ve ever been.
Jess recently posted..Happy Birthday to my Brother!My Profile

3 Jenn (eating bender) February 8, 2014 at 9:22 am

She was definitely more comfortable than I am, too! Thanks, Jess. :)

4 Erica January 28, 2014 at 8:32 am

Your family is so so beautiful! And those little girls melt my heart. I am not a winter person, thats why I live in SC :) Although we’re supposed to get ice and snow today- yikes!

5 Katie January 28, 2014 at 11:44 am

You went at the right time – right before Polar Vortex #2 descended. UGH it is COLD.

I love your Packer hat!!

6 Jenn (eating bender) February 8, 2014 at 9:22 am

Go Pack go! :)

7 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner January 29, 2014 at 7:08 am

I moved to Stevens Point, where we’ve already had 4 cold days with lows from -40 to -70 (with windchill). So….I’ve been staying inside.
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Meal PlanningMy Profile

8 Jenn (eating bender) February 8, 2014 at 9:22 am

Good call, haha! I hope it has warmed up at least a little bit!

9 Melissa @Tryingtoheal February 1, 2014 at 10:26 pm

What a great visit with the family and the girls! It looks like a wonderful (yet COLD) time! I hear you on the sled, little hills or nothing and I’m good! I hate speed!
Melissa @Tryingtoheal recently posted..Bird Banding TimeMy Profile

10 Jenn (eating bender) February 8, 2014 at 9:23 am

I’m glad that you feel the same way about speed! Can’t handle it, haha.

11 Susan February 7, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Yikes – can’t believe I forgot to comment! Whooooops. But as you already know, we had a wonderful time seeing you guys. :) Claire continues to practice her gymnastics, a la MN high schools on public television… haha. Now that’s quality programming right there.

12 Jenn (eating bender) February 10, 2014 at 11:13 pm

We had such a blast, too! Thanks again for the great photos you sent. Hurray for local gymnastics, haha! :)

13 Biz February 12, 2014 at 4:28 pm

OMG, I love that baby’s hair! I am so done with winter – I am much more a spring/summer person!
Biz recently posted..Some Days I Hate The “Sugars.”My Profile

14 Leucadia Chiropractor February 19, 2014 at 6:27 am

What great weekend you had. Your nieces are so cute, makes me want to pinch those chubby cheeks. Do you know how to skate? Isn’t it hard to learn?