Quinoa-Stuffed Roasted Green Peppers

by Jenn (eating bender) on March 9, 2012

Thank you all for the kind comments on the new site design! I literally can’t stop smiling when I look at it, and have been making some fun changes and additions that I hope you’ll enjoy!

• Guest Bender: I (finally) updated this page to include every guest post.
  • Writing: I combined this page with My Portion to have everything in one place.
  • Photos: I created this new page to document my #FebPhotoADay, and more.

In the next week, I will also be creating a blogroll and updating the recipe, review and workout pages. Just as a reminder, if you were previously subscribed via email, you can resubscribe via the form to the right of this post. Again, I’m sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully all the kinks of transferring will be smoothed out soon!

Let’s get to the eats, shall we? :)

I am so excited to share this recipe with all of you. Last night was my first time ever 1) making my own quinoa and 2) stuffing peppers. The result was a delicious and filling dinner!

If you try the recipe, please let me know! I’d love to hear what you think.

Have you ever stuffed peppers before? What are your favorite stuffing ingredients?

1 Nicole Navratil March 10, 2012 at 9:08 am

Ahh! These look delicious! Love the teriyaki for flavor.

Happy quinoa day! :)

2 Jenn (eating bender) March 11, 2012 at 10:10 am

Thanks, Nicole! You were so right about the water – in fact, I actually meant to thank you for that in the post and am sorry it slipped my mind while drafting! Adding it in right now. :)

3 Raquel @ Toned, Tan, Fit & Techie March 10, 2012 at 10:55 am

This was the first recipe I did on my blog that I just recently started! I love Quinoa!
I used black beans and quinoa and it came out great!
I have also done Quinoa Veggie Sushi!
You shoudl try that some time!

4 Jenn (eating bender) March 11, 2012 at 10:15 am

YUM! Both of those look amazing, Raquel! I will definitely be trying them out. Thank you for sharing – I’m excited to read more of your blog. Congrats on starting one!

5 Erica March 10, 2012 at 11:23 am

Gorgeous! The use of stir fry sauce in the recipe is awesome- great short cut! I don’t make stuffed peppers (because Josh doesn’t like peppers :( But, I do make stuffed zucchini and squash- I usually do a marinara/turkey or bean mixture

6 Jenn (eating bender) March 11, 2012 at 10:18 am

I’m going to have to try stuffed zucchini and squash sometime. It always looks/sounds so amazing, especially with turkey and marinara!

7 BroccoliHut March 10, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Delicious!! I am always looking for new uses for quinoa–it’s such a superfood!
BTW, I love the new look.

8 Jenn (eating bender) March 11, 2012 at 10:19 am

We just bought a bulk bag of it at Costco yesterday – a new obsession that we are completely excited about! Thanks for the comment on the new look, too. :)

9 Chelsea March 11, 2012 at 9:56 am

Hi Jenn! I am a first time commenter, but I love your blog! It’s so inspiring to stumble on people who love cooking as much as I do. I’ve added you to my links on my own blog designsondinner.wordpress.com. :)

I’ve never cooked with Quinoa before, but I love stuffed peppers, and I’m excited to try this stir-fry stuffed recipe! Some of my favorite stuffed pepper ingredients are boca meat, pasta, and veggies, red beans and rice, and tuna, cheese, and tomatoes. Stuffed peppers really are a perfect meal.

10 Jenn (eating bender) March 11, 2012 at 10:28 am

Hi Chelsea! Thank you so much for reading and for adding me to your blogroll. I can’t wait to check out your site! Your stuffed pepper ingredients sound amazing. I’m really looking forward to making them more often. Thanks for sharing!

11 Melissa @TryingtoHeal March 11, 2012 at 1:30 pm

MMMmmm…stuffed peppers! I haven’t had them in a while but need to! I like to stuff mine with various beans and spices/salsas/dressings and different grains like farro and couscous!! Yours looks really great though!

12 Jenn (eating bender) March 11, 2012 at 10:44 pm

You’re the second person to say beans and it sounds SO GOOD! Definitely adding that to the ingredients list for next time. :) Hope you had a great weekend, lady!

13 Paige @ Running Around Normal March 11, 2012 at 3:58 pm

I haven’t eaten stuffed peppers in so long! Thanks for the recipe :)

14 Jenn (eating bender) March 11, 2012 at 10:45 pm

You’re welcome! Let me know if you try ’em. :)