Otherwise Engaged

by Jenn (eating bender) on August 5, 2012

This weekend I’ve been…otherwise engaged.

When I wasn’t sleeping, I was eating food. Delicious food. From Dutch baby pancakes to pulled pork sandwiches, it’s been another successful weekend of meals here in the Bender household.

My mom also recreated the Cucumber-Citrus Skinny Margarita. She did an amazing job!

When I wasn’t eating, I was watching the Olympics…

…or pretending to be an Olympic-caliber golfer. I’m going for Rio 2016. Not really (I wish), but I’m pretty excited that golf is going to be added to the roster.

Check out this gigantic hawk’s nest spotted on the 17th hole today. Incredible!

And when I wasn’t golfing, I was otherwise engaged, jumping up and down on the course.

Why, you ask? Because at approximately 8:01 a.m. Arizona time, I received the call that every best friend dreams of getting. The call that can easily bring you to tears because you’re so happy. The call where your best friend announces she is officially going to marry the love of her life.

That’s right. The garter and bouquet toss winners at my wedding are getting hitched! While I could pretend that their catching talents had something to do with it, the truth is that Sam and Alex have been destined for this day since they first met in the fall of 2005.

Congratulations to two of the most incredible people I know. I am so excited for what’s to come in the next year and beyond. Cheers to a lifetime of happiness! Let the planning begin. :)

1 Sarah August 5, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Oh my. You are going to have some penance to pay for those light saber photos.

2 Jenn (eating bender) August 5, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Haha! I’m bracing myself for the revenge of the Sith… :) Yes, this is my way of openly admitting that I am a Star Wars nerd.

3 Erin August 6, 2012 at 12:26 am

Awwh that’s so sweet! Your love for their love really shows :)
Erin recently posted..Sunday snugsMy Profile

4 Jenn (eating bender) August 8, 2012 at 11:11 am

Thanks, Erin. :)

5 Lauren August 6, 2012 at 5:40 am

Oh my gosh how funny that they are getting hitched! That is the cutest picture of them! Sounds like such a good weekend and hope you are well my dear!

6 Jenn (eating bender) August 8, 2012 at 11:11 am

I am so excited for their wedding! Thanks, Lauren! :)

7 Susan August 6, 2012 at 10:23 am

Congrats to Sam and Alex – what great news! (When I saw the post title, I was wondering/hoping that would be the case. :)) That’s awesome. On an unrelated note, I think Claire & I need to hit up the Benders for some of that delicious food! Yum.

8 Jenn (eating bender) August 8, 2012 at 11:20 am

Yay! I am so excited. :) And trust me when I say that you and Claire (and Adam, for that matter) are welcome to the Benders for a meal anytime!

9 Erica August 6, 2012 at 11:59 am

I want that pancake! Congrats to your friends- just fantastic!
Erica recently posted..Shrimp Pad ThaiMy Profile

10 Jenn (eating bender) August 8, 2012 at 11:20 am

Thanks, Erica! :)

11 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner August 6, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I remember when I got that call, too! It’s so much fun being part of a good friend’s fairytale. Enjoy all the planning!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Saturday is CoveredMy Profile

12 Jenn (eating bender) August 8, 2012 at 11:21 am

It really is incredible. Thanks, Chelsea!

13 Megan (Braise The Roof) August 6, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Congrats to Sam and Alex! I love how excited you are for your friend, too. You’re such a sweetheart, Jenn. :)
Megan (Braise The Roof) recently posted..So Much SalmonMy Profile

14 Jenn (eating bender) August 8, 2012 at 11:33 am

Thanks, Megan – it’s truly impossible not to be excited for these two! :)

15 BroccoliHut August 6, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Aw what a cute couple! Best wishes to them both!a

16 Jenn (eating bender) August 8, 2012 at 11:33 am

Thanks, Caroline!

17 Samantha August 6, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Thanks to my best friend Jenn for the well wishes! And thanks to all of you too!!

18 Jenn (eating bender) August 8, 2012 at 11:33 am

I’m so excited!! :)

19 emily (a nutritionist eats) August 6, 2012 at 10:17 pm

My husband would be so happy if I liked golf as much as you did. :)
So wait, did they really meet at your wedding or were they already together? So sweet!
emily (a nutritionist eats) recently posted..japanese breakfast fried riceMy Profile

20 Jenn (eating bender) August 8, 2012 at 11:35 am

Haha! It takes some time to love and is a constant roller coaster every time you play, that’s for sure. 😉 And no, they actually met our freshman year of college – but I thought it was awesome that they both caught the garter/bouquet at our wedding!

21 Irina @ Chocolatea Time August 7, 2012 at 11:13 am

Congrats to your friends!!! At our age it’s so exciting to see friends get engaged and married. It’s all I see on Facebook these days :)

My dream is to watch the Olympics (live in person) one day…definitely on the bucket list!
Irina @ Chocolatea Time recently posted..Frames From The Weekend 8/3 – 8/5My Profile

22 Jenn (eating bender) August 8, 2012 at 11:36 am

It is definitely one of the Facebook trends – that and babies, of course. :) I would love to watch the Olympics in person one day, too! I wish they were coming to Chicago in 2016!

23 Dr. Mark August 7, 2012 at 1:34 pm

You didn’t help aim the bouquet in any specific direction, did you? :)
Dr. Mark recently posted..A World Gone Crazy Over WheatMy Profile

24 Jenn (eating bender) August 8, 2012 at 11:36 am

Haha – I’m never telling!

25 glidingcalm August 7, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Congrats to Sam and Alex!!

And MAN, some things never change– I am still drooling over the Bender household eats…after what 4 + years? I’ve also never had a Dutch baby pancake. I think that’s a problem!

Hurray for golfing and family time- looks like perfection!
glidingcalm recently posted..Pics from the week….My Profile

26 Jenn (eating bender) August 8, 2012 at 11:37 am

Thanks, GC! You are welcome to come over to the Bender house for a meal anytime!!

27 Krystal August 9, 2012 at 2:26 pm

DM!!! :) Just stumbled across your blog and I thought I recognized that cactus – wish I was there!
Krystal recently posted..The Way to a Man’s Heart…My Profile