Pane e Vino

by Jenn (eating bender) on October 17, 2012

Thank you for the anniversary wishes yesterday!

We had a wonderful night of celebrating and your sweet comments made it extra special. That, and an excellent restaurant recommendation from Mama Bender, who knows her way around the Arizona eatery world better than we do (for now). :)

After a brief furniture adventure, Bobby and I made our way to Pane e Vino, an Italian restaurant in Scottsdale with a cozy atmosphere and friendly staff.

We were immediately seated in a corner booth and given menus to peruse.

Obviously, when eating at a restaurant called Pane e Vino, it’s necessary to enjoy pane…

…e vino. A Ruffino Chianti, to be exact, which was smooth and delicious.

There were so many great menu options that Bobby and I decided to share our entrées. He chose the petti di pollo alla toscana, a chicken breast with sweet sausage, roasted wild mushrooms, sun dried tomato, gorgonzola and white wine sauce. It was served with Brussels sprouts, carrots and potatoes on the side. And it was phenomenal. The meat was tender and full of flavor from all the other ingredients. A definite hit.

Let’s just say that my choice was by far the most decadent. The ravioli di zucca is a butternut squash ravioli served with a walnut Gorgonzola cream sauce. Yes. A Gorgonzola cream sauce. This was the kind of dish you wish you could triple and take home with you. The butternut squash filling was amazing, but it was the sauce that made it unique and unbeatable. I think Bobby agreed!

At this point in the meal, we were plenty full, but who can refuse a complimentary dessert with an anniversary candle? After making our wishes, Bobby and I dug into this scrumptious bread pudding, full of chocolate chips, raspberries, mango and coconut. It was served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream drizzled in caramel and was the perfect ending.

We will definitely be dining at Pane e Vino again. Great ambiance and incredible food!

Another year has officially begun. As I mentioned in my last post, we’re heading to Vegas soon for a bonus celebration. Bobby has never been and the last time I went was with Jill in 2010.

Any tips from Vegas lovers on must-see shows and places to eat?

Abrazos,

1 Angie October 17, 2012 at 2:48 pm

The Sugar Factory is a great place to grab a bite and sim a yummy sugary maritini-made with real candy! The tables on the patio give a great view of the Bellagio water show! Have fun! Love your blog!

2 Jenn (eating bender) October 18, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Fantastic tip, Angie – how did you know I have a ridiculous sweet tooth? :) I will definitely have to check out The Sugar Factory! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, too!

3 Ari @ Ari's Menu October 17, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Those raviolis!!!! Oh man, butternut squash and gorgonzola are, like, my two favorite things! Yummm! Glad you guys had a good night!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..The GrindMy Profile

4 Jenn (eating bender) October 18, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I know, right?! I need to recreate these sometime soon. I’m feeling a blogger dinner party with a spotlight on ravioli… :)

5 Erica October 17, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Yayy! Great anniversary dinner! The raviolis look amazingggg!! I”ve only been to vegas once- for work! SO I”m not much help!! :)
Erica recently posted..Coastal Cupboard- Southern Brunch Cooking ClassMy Profile

6 Jenn (eating bender) October 18, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Haha, that’s OK! I’ll just have to be spontaneous once we get there. ;)

7 Melissa @TryingtoHeal October 18, 2012 at 9:10 am

Ahhh…you two look so wonderful! And I love where you went for your anniversary dinner! it looks delicious!
Melissa @TryingtoHeal recently posted..The Overwhelming Life We LiveMy Profile

8 Jenn (eating bender) October 25, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Thank you so much, Melissa! :)

9 Madison M October 18, 2012 at 10:50 am

Such a beautiful couple! And that dress looks amazing on you, Jenn!
Madison M recently posted..Vegetarian “Meatballs” with SpaghettiMy Profile

10 Jenn (eating bender) October 18, 2012 at 2:04 pm

You are very sweet – thank you, Madison! :)

11 Nicole @ The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie October 18, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Oh my… That ravioli… Lets just say I might need to convince the hubby we need to go there on our next fancy date night ;)

Definitely stop by Serendipity 3 to get a frozen hot chocolate! That’s my fav! And I saw Beatles LOVE when I was there last time and it was good, but La Rev is the one I have been wanting to see for a while – I’ve heard amazing things! Have a blast!!
Nicole @ The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie recently posted..Apple Cinnamon Crumb MuffinsMy Profile

12 Jenn (eating bender) October 18, 2012 at 1:32 pm

You definitely need to go there for date night – it was incredible! :) And scratch my request in my last email to you because these Vegas tips are AWESOME. I love Serendipity in NYC and didn’t realize they had one in Vegas – and we are always up for a Cirque show. Thank you so much, Nicole!

13 Lauren @YoungNester October 18, 2012 at 4:49 pm

That dessert looks amazing! Happy anniversary!

14 Jenn (eating bender) October 25, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Thank you, Lauren!!

15 Cara (Twinthusiast) October 18, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Love the last pic – as brilliant as your wedding day! ;)
Cara (Twinthusiast) recently posted..All Things PumpkinMy Profile

16 Jenn (eating bender) October 25, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Aw, thank you! :)

17 glidingcalm October 19, 2012 at 10:46 am

happy anni!!!!!!! Man, that restaurant sounds amazing!! Would love to try that ravioli dish!! And I love that picture of you both! That would be a great one to frame!!

Vegas sounds fun! I have never been either, but I definitely remember you posting about your last trip! cant wait to follow your travels there!! I would want to see some kind of class vegas show if I was there…..not sure which though!
glidingcalm recently posted..Jams…. and coconut flour, what the eff!My Profile

18 Jenn (eating bender) October 25, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Thank you, GC! Great idea on the frame – I feel like I never get physical pictures anymore thanks to digital cameras so that would be a nice change of pace! :)