Is This Real Life?

by Jenn (eating bender) on November 8, 2012

Post title courtesy of David After Dentist, who also led me to this video. So cute! Now where was I?

Oh yeah. A funny thing happened last night!

One minute I was at the Bender home, minding my own business, and the next I was in an office with Bobby and a notary, walking through the details of our settlement statement.

One minute we were doing our best to remember everything the notary said, and the next we were signing our names and initials so often that our hands cramped (in the best possible way).

One minute we were signing house documents, and the next we were (basically) homeowners.

Homeowners! I can’t believe it. We officially close on Friday and you can bet we’ll be celebrating. I can’t wait to show you around the new place once we’re settled in. We’ve got fun plans. :)

On the eats front, we made a delicious brown rice stir-fry with both soy and teriyaki sauce.

The combination was bursting with flavor, especially when paired with shelled edamame, red pepper, onion, mushroom and shrimp. The organic brown rice was a Trader Joe’s find.

And for a sweet end to the evening, I tried Oikos Greek frozen yogurt for the first time.

This yogurt is incredible. I have only tried the blueberry but if the other flavors come even close to this one, it could be dangerous. They aren’t cheap by any means. Must find coupons.

What are you celebrating this week?

Hopefully the next time you see us, we will have keys in our hands!

Abrazos,

1 Erica November 8, 2012 at 10:38 am

CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Wahoooooooooooooo! So so exciting

That video is freaking hilarious
Erica recently posted..Baked Cinnamon & Sugar Pumpkin Donut HolesMy Profile

2 Jenn (eating bender) November 8, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Yay, thank you! And I’m glad you appreciated the video as much as I did! :)

3 Shel@PeachyPalate November 8, 2012 at 11:01 am

Congratulations!!! Hope everything closes up nicely! :) Can’t wait to see pics of the new home!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Never enoughMy Profile

4 Jenn (eating bender) November 8, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Thank you so much, Michelle! I can’t wait to share more details. :)

5 Karla November 8, 2012 at 11:04 am

YAYAYAY!! Congrats, Jenn and Bobby! To that, I have to say, this: http://i.imgur.com/w9Hp9.gif
Karla recently posted..4 Free Ways to Make a Difference After Hurricane SandyMy Profile

6 Jenn (eating bender) November 8, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Haha – that is an amazing and very approriate GIF! Love it. :) Thank you so much for the support, Karla!

7 janetha November 8, 2012 at 11:09 am

Woohoo! Congratulations!
janetha recently posted..let’s talk small talk.My Profile

8 Jenn (eating bender) November 8, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Thanks, Janetha! :)

9 Cara (Twinthusiast) November 8, 2012 at 11:15 am

Ahhhhhhhh!
AHHHHHHH!!!!
Oh, and I’m celebrating hopefully no one else in my house being sick ;)
Cara (Twinthusiast) recently posted..Eighteen on Election DayMy Profile

10 Jenn (eating bender) November 8, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Hahaha AHHHHH!! Thank you for your call – it made me even more excited. :) Here’s to hoping your whole house is feeling better by the weekend! Oh, and just in case you didn’t see that video I linked to at the beginning, I think it’s a must for you. Might be a good quick “show” for the girls, too. I couldn’t stop laughing! http://www.davidafterdentist.com/blogs/from-davids-dad/6494807-twins-dancing-to-dads-guitar-warning-super-cute

11 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles November 8, 2012 at 11:21 am

Congratulations, Jenn! I can’t wait to see pictures. :)
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..obsessed. part two.My Profile

12 Jenn (eating bender) November 8, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Thank you so much, Courtney! :)

13 Melissa @TryingtoHeal November 8, 2012 at 11:47 am

GAHHH!H!H!H!!!!! I can’t wait to see a tour of the house and how you decorate it!!! How exciting!!!
Melissa @TryingtoHeal recently posted..Recipe Wednesday: Vegan Banana Walnut Chocolate BreadMy Profile

14 Jenn (eating bender) November 8, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I can’t wait to give you an in person tour someday (soonish)!! :)

15 Lauren November 8, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Awww CONGRATS girl! Being a homeowner is a wonderful accomplishment! It made me feel so grown up when we singed for our house. :)

16 Jenn (eating bender) November 13, 2012 at 11:08 am

Thank you, Lauren!! I certainly do feel like a grown up now. :)

17 natalie @ will jog for food November 8, 2012 at 12:50 pm

So happy for you both :)
natalie @ will jog for food recently posted..Week 18 – Full of EmotionsMy Profile

18 Jenn (eating bender) November 13, 2012 at 11:08 am

Thanks, Natalie! :)

19 BroccoliHut November 8, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Yay, how exciting!! Congratulations!! I can’t wait to “take the tour.”
We moved into our house about three weeks ago, but with the wedding and our upcoming honeymoon, I’m not ready to show it to the world quite yet…

20 Jenn (eating bender) November 13, 2012 at 11:09 am

I’m so excited to see more of it – the pictures so far are gorgeous!

21 Shannon November 8, 2012 at 4:07 pm

congrats!!! very exciting, and belated birthday wishes to mama bender :)
Shannon recently posted..Fall Chicken EnchiladasMy Profile

22 Jenn (eating bender) November 13, 2012 at 11:09 am

Thank you, Shannon! :)

23 Caroline November 8, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Ahhh, congratulations!!! So exciting! I can’t wait to hear all about it!
Caroline recently posted..What to expect at your first hot yoga classMy Profile

24 Jenn (eating bender) November 13, 2012 at 11:09 am

Thank you, Caroline!!

25 Ari @ Ari's Menu November 8, 2012 at 5:51 pm

YAY!!! Congrats Jenn!! So exciting! I want to see your new hood!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Animal Cracker Cookie ButterMy Profile

26 Jenn (eating bender) November 13, 2012 at 11:10 am

I can’t wait to have you and Nicole over for a cooking party! :)

27 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner November 8, 2012 at 9:37 pm

How splendid! Congratulations to you both.

Also, when I got my wisdom teeth out this summer, the Greek chocolate frozen yogurt saved me.
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Thursday ThingsMy Profile

28 Jenn (eating bender) November 13, 2012 at 11:11 am

Thanks, Chelsea!! I may have finished that fro yo in record time. :)

29 Marianne November 8, 2012 at 9:53 pm

So exciting! Congrats!!
Marianne recently posted..Spooky BrewsMy Profile

30 Jenn (eating bender) November 13, 2012 at 11:11 am

Thanks, Marianne!!

31 maggie @ say yes to salad November 8, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Congrats! We bought our first apartment earlier this year. It’s so exciting. Good luck with the closing :)
maggie @ say yes to salad recently posted..Happy Four More Years! + November UpdateMy Profile

32 Jenn (eating bender) November 13, 2012 at 11:12 am

Congrats to you, too, Maggie! Thank you!

33 Megan (Braise The Roof) November 9, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Congratulations, I’m happy for you two!
Megan (Braise The Roof) recently posted..Baked Brussels Sprout and Sweet Potato HashMy Profile

34 Jenn (eating bender) November 13, 2012 at 11:15 am

Thanks, Megan!!

35 Jess@atasteofconfidence November 9, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Congrats!

I haven’t clicked over to your blog lately from reader, I love the layout & typewriter! Writers unite! haha.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..What my iTunes most-played list says about meMy Profile

36 Jenn (eating bender) November 13, 2012 at 11:15 am

Thanks, Jess! And yes, writers unite! Glad you like the layout. :)

37 Irina @ Chocolatea Time November 9, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Ahhhh CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I can’t wait to see what this wonderful dream home of yours looks like!!
Irina @ Chocolatea Time recently posted..Weekend Getaway: Saugatuck, MichiganMy Profile

38 Jenn (eating bender) November 13, 2012 at 11:15 am

Thank you, Irina!!!! :)

39 glidingcalm November 13, 2012 at 10:07 am

CONGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS! so exciting!!!!

ALSO, the dinner looks delicious as usual! i must try that froyo!

love you!
glidingcalm recently posted..2 Treats from Hawaii!My Profile

40 Jenn (eating bender) November 13, 2012 at 11:16 am

Thank you, GC!! I appreciate your support, as always! <3 you!

41 David After Dentist November 14, 2012 at 11:52 am

Congratulations on the new house! Great blog too…

Thanks for the credit and the link!