Homeowners

by Jenn (eating bender) on November 13, 2012

The past few days have been a whirlwind. After signing the final paperwork, we received a call Friday morning with big news: our house was officially “our house!”

I had to impatiently wait most of the day to pick up the keys because of work projects, but it was worth it. After an initial walk through the new place, Bobby arrived and the excitement really began!

We’ve been fortunate enough to meet and chat with the previous owners, who have been extremely welcoming and helpful during the transition. They kept the house in perfect order and so beautiful, which is how we fell in love with it in the first place! And they’ve gone above and beyond to make us feel like part of the neighborhood already. We were given an invitation to a block party upon move in and after meeting many of our new neighbors, it’s obvious that everyone here is community- and family-oriented, friendly and fun. We are truly thrilled to be residents!

To celebrate our new home ownership, we made a trip to Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers (straightforward restaurant name, right?), which we had visited after making our first offer on a house! I started out with another Papago Orange Blossom, which was just as delicious as last time.

For dinner, I went with the truffle burger, which had caramelized onions, tomatoes, baby greens, gruyere cheese and truffle oil. You really can’t go wrong with any burger on the menu – they are all bursting with ingredients and flavor. On the side, I had the sweet potato tots.

We’ve been moving boxes ever since – big THANK YOU to my parents and brother for making multiple trips back and forth with our stuff – and are having various pieces of furniture delivered throughout the week. I’ve taken the before pictures and will be sure to share the final results once our interior is no longer strewn with boxes. Mama Bender has also been instrumental in the organization process. She is extremely handy and looks fierce with her tool belt in tow. We truly appreciate everything she has done so far, and I’m hoping to learn a thing or two!

Bobby and I also enjoyed our first meal in the new house on Sunday. It was super impressive – those turkey sandwiches don’t just make themselves, you know…

In reality, I can’t wait to use our new kitchen! It was one of the major selling points for me.

Bobby and I feel so fortunate to have closed on our new home here in Arizona. We have loved our time staying with my family, but it’s also thrilling to have our own roots here for the long haul – and now we get to repay them for their hospitality with unlimited meals. :)

I’ll cheers to that! And cheers to the journey ahead.

What’s one thing you are excited about this week?

I’m excited to watch our house transform into our home.

Abrazos,

1 Cara (Twinthusiast) November 13, 2012 at 9:03 am

I can hear those keys jinglin’! My, I will never tire of gazing upon those countertops and cabinets…
Cara (Twinthusiast) recently posted..Money Savers, Toddler EditionMy Profile

2 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Yay! I can’t wait until you’re all here!

3 Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) November 13, 2012 at 9:04 am

Beautiful kitchen! I would be so stoked for that!

One thing I’m looking forward to is Friday night to drive down to SF & visit with my old foreign exchange student, Jasmin from Germany. She’s now a flight attendant, so I get to meet up with her once or twice a year — can’t wait!
Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) recently posted..Brew Review: Calicraft Brewing Oak TownMy Profile

4 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Thanks, Kelli! That is so cool about your old foreign exchange student. Have a wonderful time with her in San Fran!

5 Kate November 13, 2012 at 9:23 am

Congratulations Jenn and Bobby! Oh, what a feeling. And what a beautiful house – that kitchen is FABULOUS! Have a blast getting settled!

6 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Thanks so much, Kate! It is definitely a great feeling. :)

7 Kelly @ Kelly the Culinarian November 13, 2012 at 9:46 am

Your new kitchen makes me deeply regret my decision to leave Arizona. This of all the new recipes you’ll have the space to try out there!

8 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 7:28 pm

You are welcome back to AZ anytime, Kelly! :) Thanks for the kind words!

9 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles November 13, 2012 at 9:53 am

Woohoo!! What an exciting time for you and Bobby. LOVE that kitchen. It puts my tiny San Francisco studio kitchen to shame. :)
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Blog Updates (Blogspot Tips)My Profile

10 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Aw, thank you, Courtney!! :)

11 Karla November 13, 2012 at 10:05 am

What a STUNNING kitchen and home, Jenn! I’m so excited for you an Bobby and know that you’ll be settled in no time. You crack me up about the turkey sandwiches. I give you major props for not going to Subway or something–totally what I would have done! :)

I’m excited about preparing for my first trip back to NYC next week. Hooray!
Karla recently posted..Monday Motivation: Pin It!My Profile

12 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Thank you so much, Karla! Believe me when I say that there was also a trip to Subway over the course of the weekend. :) So cool that you’ll be heading back to NYC! Hope you have an amazing time!

13 Ari @ Ari's Menu November 13, 2012 at 10:30 am

THAT KITCHEN!!! I WANT TO COOK IN IT!!!! So excited for you :)
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Spicy “Spaghetti” & Meat SauceMy Profile

14 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 7:33 pm

I want you to come and cook in it! A party sometime soon is a must. :) Maybe after holiday madness?

15 natalie @ will jog for food November 13, 2012 at 10:34 am

That’s a beautiful kitchen!! So happy for you guys :)
natalie @ will jog for food recently posted..Week 19 – This is the Week!My Profile

16 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Thank you, Natalie! :)

17 Erica November 13, 2012 at 11:19 am

ahhhhhhhhhhh! The kitchen is BEAUTIFUL! And sweet potato tots? Want!! I’m excited to get my hair done on Friday
Erica recently posted..More Football, More ChiliMy Profile

18 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Thanks, Erica!! I could eat those tots every day but it probably wouldn’t be smart. ;) Excited to see your new ‘do!

19 Lauren @ Sassy Molassy November 13, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Ah, congrats! Looks like a beautiful kitchen and a fun neighborhood!!
Lauren @ Sassy Molassy recently posted..Weekend NeededMy Profile

20 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Thank you so much, Lauren!!

21 Shel@PeachyPalate November 13, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Congratulations!!!!! The kitchen looks amazing! Can’t wait to see more pics :)
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Can’t believe it’s not butterMy Profile

22 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Thank you, Michelle! Can’t wait to share more once we’re all unpacked!

23 Megan (Braise The Roof) November 13, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Wow, that kitchen is gorgeous. Congrats again!
Megan (Braise The Roof) recently posted..Baked Brussels Sprout and Sweet Potato HashMy Profile

24 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Thanks, Megan!!

25 Emily November 13, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Congrats!! Your kitchen is beautiful!!
Emily recently posted..Safe runningMy Profile

26 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Thanks, Emily!! Hope all is well in Chicago!

27 Erin November 13, 2012 at 5:35 pm

This week, I’m definitely excited about your and Bobby’s color coordinated outfits! Squee! Are there laws in AZ (like in NV) about how much grass you can have on your property? That may be outdated information, but I see to remember a law in NV or at least LVN where you could only have one lawn and the rest of the yard had to be rock.

28 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Haha – you crack me up! It was totally unintentional but my mom caught it and of course, had a good laugh. :) Gotta love synchronization! And I’m actually not sure about the laws – I think that you can have grass but you have to be prepared to pay ridiculous amounts in water upkeep! We’re very glad the majority of the front/backyard is rock.

29 BroccoliHut November 13, 2012 at 7:04 pm

What a gorgeous kitchen!! I can’t wait to see what kind of meals come from it :)
Congrats again!
BroccoliHut recently posted..Dinner Tonight: Baked Potato BarMy Profile

30 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Thanks, Caroline!! :)

31 Marianne November 13, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Awesome kitchen. I’m officially jealous. Enjoy it!
Marianne recently posted..The ParkerMy Profile

32 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Aw, thank you, Marianne!!

33 Susan November 13, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Mmmm… tots… yum. Oh, uh… I mean, HOOORAAAAY!!! In all seriousness, we’re super excited and happy for you (as you already know). :)

34 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Haha yes I do know – and we truly appreciate your support!! The tots were really good though…let’s not take too much attention away from them. ;)

35 Irina @ Chocolatea Time November 14, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Wow what a beautiful kitchen!! Definitely the definition of a dream kitchen for me. I can only guess how beautiful the rest of the home is. Congratulations on this huge milestone!
Irina @ Chocolatea Time recently posted..Recovering Runner’s Rice Crispy TreatsMy Profile

36 Jenn (eating bender) November 14, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Thank you so much, Irina! :)

37 Nicole @ The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie November 15, 2012 at 11:16 am

Congratulations to you and Bobby! You kitchen is stunning – I can already tell that you’ll have an awesome time whipping up some delicious food in there :)
Nicole @ The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie recently posted..Black Bean & Sweet Potato Turkey ChiliMy Profile

38 Shannon November 15, 2012 at 11:50 am

looks like one amazing kitchen :) congrats, and i’m so glad you’ve had such a great experience with the old owners, and new community!
Shannon recently posted..Saffron Rice & An Edible MosaicMy Profile

39 Shayne December 2, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I know this is belated, but *congratulations*, Jenn! I recently moved to Phoenix (well, Scottsdale) myself, and I can see now why you love it so much! That kitchen is absolutely gorgeous — I can’t wait to see all the delicious things you make in it! Best wishes for your first holiday season in your new home. :)
Shayne recently posted..starts and summitsMy Profile

40 brandi December 5, 2012 at 7:39 am

just catching up on blog posts and wanted to say congrats again! that kitchen is gorgeous :) i can’t wait to see more of the house!!

ps: i’ve already seen Breaking Dawn part 2 TWICE in theatres. i will see it again with anyone who wants to go. ;)

41 Jenn (eating bender) December 6, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Thanks so much, Brandi! I can’t wait to share more pictures of the inside soon. And I only wish you lived closer – I’ve seen Breaking Dawn twice in theaters, too, and have plans to see it again tomorrow!! Want to fly into Chicago last minute? I’m here visiting for the weekend. :) Otherwise, we’ll just have to have a Twilight marathon someday when we meet in person, haha!

42 brandi December 6, 2012 at 7:21 pm

um, seriously? I would if I could :) How fun would that be?! And yes. Twilight marathon one day. Count me in! If you ever want to come to Virginia….I already own the first 4 movies, and I’ll be buying this one when it comes out. Or I can bring them to you, too ;)