Same Weekend, One Year Apart

by Jenn (eating bender) on August 25, 2013

Yesterday our friends Nicole and Lance invited us to hang out on their boat at Canyon Lake. It was our first time on an Arizona lake and actually, our first time on a lake that was not located in the Midwest. Bobby and I both agreed that it was one of the most beautiful places we’ve ever visited.

IMG_8596

The views on all sides were breathtaking. They aren’t kidding when they say the lake is in a canyon! Massive rocks surrounded us and the lake itself was cool and deep (130 feet on average).

IMG_8602

We had an absolute blast tubing…

IMG_8554

…and wakeboarding. Bobby managed to get up every time!

IMG_8614

Me…not so much. But I tried. And I’m definitely feeling it today!

IMG_8574

Once we all had fully exhausted ourselves, Nicole and Lance took us to Cornish Pasty Co. for lunch. This place has a fun story and boasts incredible food. My rosemary steak pasty was full of roasted red potatoes, brie, roasted red peppers and fresh rosemary, with a side of mustard cream sauce.

IMG_8599

Nicole and I also tried a pair of Boddingtons, an authentically British ale.

IMG_8598

It was only after I got home that I realized exactly one year ago, I announced our big move. Coincidentally, my feelings this weekend last year looked a lot like this…

IMG_8613

We didn’t know exactly what we were jumping into when we decided to move across the country, but we knew it would be exhilarating. Living in Arizona has so far provided us with amazing experiences and memories – not to mention wonderful friends.

I’m feeling very lucky, indeed.

What have you been up to this weekend?

Can’t believe it’s almost Labor Day! Where has the summer gone?

Abrazos,

Signature

1 Erica August 25, 2013 at 12:28 pm

So beautiful!!!! Glad yall made the leap!

2 Jenn (eating bender) August 28, 2013 at 11:50 am

Me too! :)

3 Kristi @ lifesprinkles August 25, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Looks like so much fun! I LOVE Cornish Pasty! :)
Kristi @ lifesprinkles recently posted..Friday Favorites: 8/23My Profile

4 Jenn (eating bender) August 28, 2013 at 11:51 am

It was seriously SO delicious! I hope they open one a little further north someday!

5 Cara (Twinthusiast) August 25, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Wow, what a gorgeous place.
Cara (Twinthusiast) recently posted..Back to โ€œSchoolโ€My Profile

6 Jenn (eating bender) August 28, 2013 at 11:54 am

We’d love to take you and the girls there someday!

7 Kelly @ Kelly the Culinarian August 25, 2013 at 8:19 pm

The summer totally got away from me! I can’t believe it’s almost over. We’re planning on making up for lost time this weekend.

8 Jenn (eating bender) August 28, 2013 at 11:55 am

I hope you have a great weekend! What do you have planned?

9 Kelli H August 26, 2013 at 12:47 am

I love wakeboarding! We used to have a wakeboarding boat. Such great memories. :) Tubing was always funny/terrifying!

How’d you like the Bodington’s? It’s definitely not something I can drink.
Kelli H recently posted..Chocolate Espresso MousseMy Profile

10 Jenn (eating bender) August 28, 2013 at 12:05 pm

I am determined to get up on a wakeboard for more than two seconds someday. :) Tubing is definitely terrifying!! I actually didn’t mind the Boddington’s – wasn’t my favorite but it went well with the Cornish pasty!

11 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner August 27, 2013 at 4:00 am

This may be the first time that I’m drooling over the nature pictures instead of the food pictures. So beautiful!
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Another Wonderful WeekendMy Profile

12 Jenn (eating bender) August 28, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Haha, I love it! I was definitely drooling, too. :)

13 Megan (Braise The Roof) August 27, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Wow, how lucky are you to live near such beautiful scenery? Chicago misses you guys, but I’m glad to see that you’re soaking up the AZ life! :)

14 Jenn (eating bender) August 28, 2013 at 12:08 pm

We miss Chicago, too!! But it has definitely been fun to check out all that our new home has to offer. :)

15 Leucadia Chiropractor September 20, 2013 at 8:06 am

OMG! That place is sure breathtaking! I will definitely go there one day! Is wakeboarding fun? I want to try it someday.