White Pizza with Bacon, Basil and Tomatoes

by Jenn (eating bender) on February 9, 2015

White Pizza - Nicole's Baby Shower

I am so excited to participate in a virtual baby shower for an amazing blog and real life friend today: Nicole of The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie! Kudos to Ari for the awesome idea.

Bump Buds

Nicole was the first new friend I made upon our move to Arizona, and she is also the person responsible for introducing me to many of the friends I’ve made since. That alone gives you a glimpse of the caring, warm-hearted person she is. She is my book club co-founder, trusty rock jumping partner and so much more. We’ve often commented about how likeminded we are, and so when we found out we were both pregnant and just four weeks apart, it was all the more exciting to be able to share in the journey together. I can’t wait to meet her little boy or girl!

Knowing that Nicole is a huge fan of pizza (seriously, just check out some of her creations like Chicken Enchilada Pizza, Thai Chicken Pizza or Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza, among many other delicious possibilities), I thought it would be fitting to make one that featured our shared love of goat cheese. Then it hit me: four cheese white pizza! Four cheeses, a pizza that incorporates the family name with a pun … what’s not to love? And so, a recipe was born.

I think my favorite part was watching the cheese transform. Oh how I love cheese.

The drizzle of fig balsamic added a whole new dimension of flavor. You could use any balsamic vinegar, but I am a big fan of how the fig blended with the rest of the ingredients.

I hope you enjoy this pizza, Nicole! Thanks for being the reason I posted a recipe for the first time in months. :) Check out all of these other scrumptious-looking drink, brownie and pizza recipes from your other virtual baby shower guests!

Nicole’s Virtual Baby Shower Recipes

Boozy Red Velvet Hot Chocolate from Ari’s Menu
Boozy Iced Coffee from The Wanderlust Kitchen
Coconut Oil Brownies from Handle the Heat
Raspberry Lemonade Champagne Punch from Eat. Drink. Love.
Chocolate Cherry Brownies
from Savvy Eats
Four Cheese Pizza with Sausage and Peppers from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
Crab Rangoon Pizza from Mollie’s Sprinkles of Life
Grapefruit Chia Seed Cocktail from Peace Love and Oats
White Pizza with Bacon, Basil & Tomatoes from Eating Bender

Can’t wait to try the boozy ones – won’t be long now! Nicole, I wish you a wonderful rest of your pregnancy and truly can’t wait to hear all about the moment when you meet your son or daughter for the very first time. He or she is very lucky to have you as a mom. Love you lots!

1 Liz S. February 9, 2015 at 1:56 am

FABULOUS pizza recipe and fun dish to share for the virtual baby shower!

2 Erica February 9, 2015 at 7:11 am

So fun to be able to share pregnancy time with a friend!! And this pizza! Omgosh! Looks just amazing. I love white pizza

3 Cara (Twinthusiast) February 9, 2015 at 10:31 am

Now those are some cute mamas! Nice recipe, although knowing me I’ll just end up buying a frozen one from Trader Joes… 😉
Cara (Twinthusiast) recently posted..Explaining the Old Testament to Three-Year-Olds…My Profile

4 kirsten burnett February 9, 2015 at 10:51 am

awe this recipe is absolutely divine i cant urge you enough to go out and try this particular pizza. i just put this together and im waiting for lunch so i can devoure it… well thanks a ton for sharing.
kirsten burnett recently posted..Asparagus Spinach SoupMy Profile

5 Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) February 10, 2015 at 11:55 am

Love the use of truffle oil — YUM!

I had to go and pin a couple of her recipes too. Making me hungry!
Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) recently posted..Salmon Tacos with Jalapeño Cilantro SlawMy Profile

6 Liz March 4, 2015 at 9:29 am

Thanks for the recipe! The drizzle of balsamic looks like a very nice touch and makes for beautiful presentation.
Liz recently posted..Why Cook with Cast IronMy Profile

7 Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel March 10, 2015 at 5:16 pm

How fantastic is this! I love the idea of a white pizza…with a glass of wine even perhaps 😉

8 Jenni May 16, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Hi Jenn

The white pizza looks delicious.

You sound like you have a great friend in Nicole.

And I must admit some of Nicole’s pizza recipes look awesome, especially the Hawaiian BBQ chicken pizza!

9 Alice June 8, 2015 at 2:20 pm

You both look awesome and in the spring of motherhood (is that the right term?)

I wish all goes well for you both.

Fantastic recipe and I agree with Liz. The drizzle of balsamic does look a very nice touch and adds to the presentation
Alice recently posted..What Is the Venus Factor All About?My Profile