Arnold Grains & More Bread
Recently, I was contacted by a representative from Arnold/Brownberry Bread, Rena, who was kind enough to send me samples from their new “Grains & More” line.
I’m sure that many of you have seen these breads around the blogosphere, but I thought I’d chime in and give my $.02 Here is some information from the company:
“We recently launched a new “Grains & More” line which focuses on maximizing one core ingredient to boost the benefits of every slice while maintaining delicious taste and texture. All of the varieties are made with whole grains, are heart healthy and contain no high fructose corn syrup.
The 4 varieties are:
Arnold “Grains & More” Double Protein Hearty Multi-Grain Bread
- Protein is used to build, maintain and repair body tissue, and provides a source of energy and controls many of the important processes in the body related to the metabolism. Numerous studies show that people feel more satisfied and eat fewer calories after having meals rich in protein.
- Arnold “Grains & More” Double Fiber 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- Fiber is essential in maintaining a healthy digestive system. It can assist in weight management by helping you stay satiated longer. A high-fiber diet can lower the risk of developing certain conditions such as heart disease, high cholesterol, cancer, diabetes and diverticular disease.
- Arnold “Grains & More” Double Oat Hearty Oatmeal Bread
- Plant sterols, naturally found in vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds, may help to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease when eaten as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol. Oats are the only whole grain recognized to actively lower cholesterol.
- Arnold “Grains & More” Double Omega Multi-Grain & Flax Bread
- Omega-3 fatty acids may aid in cardiovascular health. Promising preliminary evidence reveals that omega-3 supplementation might be helpful in coping with depression, improving immune function maturation and reducing joint pain.”
Sounds pretty darn awesome So here’s what I thought!
Arnold “Grains & More” Bread
FYI: These breads are now available in the Northeast and Southeast under the Arnold brand name and the Midwest under the Brownberry name.
Double Protein Hearty Multi-Grain Bread
“100% Whole Grain Hearty Multi-Grain Bread with 19g of Whole Grains, Good Source Fiber, and 14g Protein in 2 slices.”
Upon opening the bag, this bread smells just like a fresh baked loaf should smell – rich, hearty and mouth-watering And the smell of the bread definitely came through in its taste. It had a chewy and grainy texture, with the taste of wheat that many in the blogging world would choose over white any day of the week. I also enjoyed the fact that the slices were thick and quite big in size. I topped mine with a microwaved egg white and reduced-fat Mexican cheese for an easy and absolutely delicious breakfast sammie.
Nutrition (per slice):
- 110 calories
- 2g fat
- 19g carbohydrates
- 3g fiber
- 7g protein
Double Fiber 100% Whole Wheat Bread
“100% Whole Grain, 100% Whole Wheat Bread, excellent source and 45% daily value of Fiber in 2 slices.”
As I expected, this bread definitely tasted a lot like the first. But that’s a good thing! I think it’s great that you can find the same taste with each product, and yet get an entirely different nutritional value. While the protein bread obviously focuses on providing energy and perhaps even building some muscle, the fiber version is helping your digestive system and keeping you fuller longer. Whichever version you decide to try, you are getting the same hearty, grainy taste that wheat bread eaters know and love! I topped this slice with almond butter for a quick pre-workout snack.
Nutrition (per slice):
- 100 calories
- 1.5g fat
- 18g carbohydrates
- 6g fiber
- 4g protein
I encourage you to check out the Arnold Bread site – if anything to enter in the awesome Name That Sandwich Contest where you could win $2500 for you and $2500 for the charity of your choice! It’s your chance to name their new sandwich thins, yet another product I am eager to try out. I received some samples a couple of days ago and they are waiting for me when I get back to school! Again, a big THANK YOU to Rena for giving me such a great opportunity. Anyone who has followed my blog over time will know how big of a bread fan (can I be called a “breadie?”) I am, so these samples are right up my alley!